Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/8/12 5:20 p.m.

http://salem.craigslist.org/cto/2995118479.html

Look at what the "custom" isle at PepBoys will get you!

Baaaaaarrrf!!!

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
5/8/12 5:24 p.m.

I just shat myself.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
5/8/12 5:26 p.m.

That looks like one weekends work and prep plus a $299 Maco paint job away from a good track rat.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
5/8/12 5:27 p.m.

Is anyone else scared to see what the roll cage in that car would look like?

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/8/12 5:28 p.m.

Seen worse.

I'd pass on it for being a P car before I pass on it for the paint and crap.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
5/8/12 5:30 p.m.

Damn. Looks like it was a turbo, too. Well..at least it's got a turbo hood on it. Everything else that's been done to that car, who knows?

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/8/12 5:54 p.m.

Nope, not a turbo. The hood panel isn't vented properly. Just bought a turbo hood and slapped it on.

A 3M sticker removal tool and a weekend's worth of work and it will be at least presentable.

So many idiots refuse to fix the CIS and slap on dual carbs, its almost hilarious.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
5/8/12 6:12 p.m.

Good thing I haven't eaten dinner yet...

RossD
RossD UltraDork
5/8/12 6:31 p.m.

I am kicked out of GRM if I say I like the purple and orange down the sides?

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
5/8/12 6:41 p.m.
RossD wrote: I am kicked out of GRM if I say I like the purple and orange down the sides?

No, you won't , as long as I don't get kicked out for saying that all of those stripes could look decent (individually). This guy must be completely unaware of the law of diminishing returns

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/12 7:57 p.m.

if it were a turbo, it would have a vented nose panel and 5 bolt rims

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 SuperDork
5/8/12 8:04 p.m.

All I can say is--Eeeeew!

friedgreencorrado
5/8/12 8:08 p.m.
turboswede wrote: Nope, not a turbo. The hood panel isn't vented properly. Just bought a turbo hood and slapped it on. A 3M sticker removal tool and a weekend's worth of work and it will be at least presentable. So many idiots refuse to fix the CIS and slap on dual carbs, its almost hilarious.

Oh, I can see the vents madmachine mentioned in your avatar. I'd completely forgotten about them. Don't think I ever knew they were 5-lug, though.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
5/8/12 8:10 p.m.

I like the side graphics. The front & back, not so much. It would look great with a body colour hood and all the text/logos/numbers ("GTR", etc.) removed.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
5/8/12 8:50 p.m.

But it's the rare 924 GTR. You can't ruin THAT.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
5/8/12 8:54 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: if it were a turbo, it would have a vented nose panel and 5 bolt rims

Not necessarily. Only M471 sport package coded 924s got 5 lug wheels until 1980. Turbos included.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Dork
5/8/12 9:38 p.m.
Javelin wrote: http://salem.craigslist.org/cto/2995118479.html Look at what the "custom" isle at PepBoys will get you! Baaaaaarrrf!!!

I thought the graphics looked like it came out of an '80 arcade game.

Interesting that he's such a huge GTR fan.

friedgreencorrado
5/9/12 12:11 a.m.
somebody wrote: http://salem.craigslist.org/cto/2995118479.html

Well, turboswede called it on the dual carbs..

CrackList guy wrote: 1980 Porsche 924 low mileage(45,000) on rebuilt 2.0 4 cyl, 5 speed trans, have doner car with good engine and 5 speed that i can include.. have dual carbs for it.. roll caged, custom paint, foot pedals,and e-brake, 4 wheel disc brakes, exhaust, apc racing seats, rci 4 point harnesses, kumho tires .never tracked, i put alot of work into her, have over $10,000 dollars worth of receipts alone. this car is a steal at this price. hours cut back at work and need the cash, my loss your gain.
Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
5/9/12 1:08 a.m.

Wow, foot pedals and an e-brake too!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/9/12 7:51 a.m.

I always hated those "filler panals" people put between the taillights.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/9/12 7:55 a.m.

Just the purple and orange stripes could have passed as 80's-tastic graphics, but he didn't have the good taste to stop there...

TheGloriousTachikoma
TheGloriousTachikoma
5/9/12 7:59 a.m.

So I'm the only one who thinks that the body stripes and 'Porsche' sticker on the windshield look kinda cool. Granted, it would look alot better if they were on black.

mndsm
mndsm UberDork
5/9/12 8:15 a.m.

He spelled Porsche right. I've seen worse.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VYXmk1vMEc1ohmofUEEYVYVo1K3SKH1RMdka0n6EGUpMJcQtQuUYxeLAfC23k11i