1 2 3 4 5
Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/17/18 3:23 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

I forgot about the pull tab thing, when we were kids my sister’s school collected them and my dad owned a soda route. He kept a few pallets of soda in the garage and she got the bright idea to strip a few cases of cans of their tabs. He couldn’t sell them that way so every night at dinner we’d have to punch a few open at home. Normally I would have minded but it was during their I’ll-fated 7up Gold time. God that stuff was nasty.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/20/18 12:45 a.m.

Angela had a brain hemorrhage Saturday night or Sunday morning. Due to the heparin, which was the reason the hemorrhage happened in the first place, it was inoperable. We made the decision to end life support last night, and she passed in our arms at 5:10pm Monday evening. She was 2 weeks old. 

I am broken. 

STM317
STM317 SuperDork
11/20/18 3:17 a.m.

Jesus man. What you guys have been through in the last couple of weeks has been heartbreaking to read about. I can't imagine what it's been like, but I couldn't be more sympathetic to what you've had to endure. I know that there's nothing that anybody can say to make you feel better, but your recent posts have made it sound like you've got a ton of loving family support so don't be afraid to lean on them.

If you need to vent, by all means let us have it. Talk to your wife, family, friends, religious leaders, medical professionals or whoever else you're comfortable with. Keep an eye on your wife as well. Post-delivery can be a difficult time for new moms, even when everything goes well, so make sure that you're taking good care of her, and that her mental state is as good as it can be after having gone through such trauma. Work together to grieve, heal and get through it.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
11/20/18 3:21 a.m.

I am so sorry to hear this. I wish I had better words and more to offer you. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/20/18 4:40 a.m.

Its 5:30 in the morning. I was awoken by my 4 yr old crawling into bed with me. I am now awake as she sleeps soundly next to me, kicking me the whole time. 

I reached over, fired up my tablet and found your post. 

I am lying in bed wiping the tears. Words fail me but I just wanted you to know we care. 

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
11/20/18 4:41 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

As am I, my prayer now is for the comforter. So sorry.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/18 5:30 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

I am so sorry. There truly are no words to speak. We are all here for you, please reach out if you need to talk, cry, vent, or for whatever else we might be able to offer. 

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/20/18 5:31 a.m.

Very, very sorry for your loss.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
11/20/18 6:10 a.m.

So very sorry to hear this mtn. We are here if you need to talk. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
11/20/18 6:11 a.m.

Very sorry to hear.  My deepest condolences to you and your family.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
11/20/18 6:13 a.m.

So sorry.  I have been and will continue to pray for you and your wife.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/20/18 6:35 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

I’m so sad. Words cannot express...

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
11/20/18 6:42 a.m.

I am so sorry.  You have my condolences.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/20/18 6:47 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

I can't imagine what you're going through.  Well, as a fellow parent I can imagine it, but I'm sure it's still nothing like the reality.

I'm more deeply sorry than I can express.  My thoughts and love are with all of you.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/18 6:51 a.m.

There are no words. I am so sorry. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. 

imgon
imgon Reader
11/20/18 6:54 a.m.

What devastating news, I am so sorry. As others have said, make sure you and your wife use all the resources around you, know that you are loved and take care of each other. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/20/18 7:14 a.m.

Devastated is right. I'm sure it's small comfort, but I'm here crying for your loss. Angela is a beautiful name and she had loving parents. I pray you'll get to meet her some day.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
11/20/18 8:36 a.m.

I'm so sorry to hear this.  I cannot begin to imagine what you, your wife, and your family are going through.  

You and your family will be in my thoughts this Thanksgiving.  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
11/20/18 8:39 a.m.

So sorry to read this.  My deepest condolences. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/18 8:51 a.m.

I’m so, so sorry

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/20/18 8:52 a.m.

There are no words. Very sorry for your loss. 

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
11/20/18 9:36 a.m.

So sorry to hear :(

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Dork
11/20/18 9:57 a.m.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/20/18 10:14 a.m.

I have no words, I am so sorry.  As a parent I can not imagine what the two of you are going through.

Driven5
Driven5 SuperDork
11/20/18 10:14 a.m.

This won't take away the any of the unimaginable pain you are experiencing right now, but just know:

You and your wife did everything you could for your daughter.  There is nothing more you could have done.

As hard as it might become at times, try to never forget that and never second guess it.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mxvGDclRYE8WPiEhtyqMgkWvBnqFN6iMVpZQa2mTvfxtaeKZ6brLecZefqWihf7r