1 2
integraguy
integraguy Reader
9/30/08 3:13 p.m.

Wow, I've been in CCs in Tn. and Pa. and I thought it was just me that felt their "customer service" was pretty much nonexistent and that their on hand stock paled in comparison to BB.

The last time I went into a CC was to see if I could get a really inexpensive DVD player. It took a bit of "work" to finally figure out where the DVD players were, and it was for naught anyway as the selection was piss-poor. I finally bought a Phillips DVD player at Target for $35. Unfortunately, it seems I got just what I paid for as the open/close button on the front stopped working after 2 uses.

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
9/30/08 3:19 p.m.

The first nail in the coffin for CC was when they took their sales staff off of commission about four years ago.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/30/08 3:41 p.m.

I generally buy stuff at the Big Box Stores to fix/upgrade my own. The observations about the local BB vs. CC computer guys are based on what I've seen and overheard. Staff can vary greatly from store to store. I bought my Sony TV at Tweeter because it was priced FANTASTIC! but was pleasantly surprised by the attitude there.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/30/08 3:48 p.m.

The last time I went into a Circuit City was about 20 years ago. I have never looked back. I do like our local Best Buy, the folks in there are really nice, even if they aren't the cheapest around I like going in their store. It's clean and they have a good selection most of the time.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/30/08 4:38 p.m.

I own a PC that I built out of spare parts donated by Garret Jenkins, A PS2 that was found in a rental home and given to me that doubles as a DVD player for the free 27" RCA tube tv that my brother in law gave me when he got his 52" plasma screen, my sons birthday collected the family another 27" tube tv and a $24.00 dvd player from his grandmother, we use that in the living room, and we have a 19" 15 year old Emerson tv and a dvd/vcr player in the kids play room that were all bought at garage or yard sales... What the hell is this Best Buy and Circuit City you guys keep talking about?

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
9/30/08 5:01 p.m.

It's the place you go when you're putting together that computer and suddenly realize you need another IDE cable.

Actually Best Buy is the place I go to to discover that they don't have the parts I want, and that I will indeed need to go to Fry's.

I take that back. I got a really good deal on a great gaming mouse at Best Buy once. I love that mouse. I get disappointed every morning when I come into work and have to use this crappy Dell POS. I take for granted how nice it is to have two little thumb buttons that function as Forward/Back browser buttons.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iR0br9HDKyYPpge11d73wtFMZXCstR1nvuVzc5x2wikkSH6u1owj37IEBo8Yn2Q5