5/16/11 6:43 p.m.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/16/11 7:09 p.m.

Thank you, Jackie Chan.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese Dork
5/16/11 8:56 p.m.

Milhouse is seriously the only forced meme that hasn't become a meme.

dogbreath
dogbreath New Reader
5/16/11 9:16 p.m.

Haaaahaha

Grizz
Grizz Reader
5/16/11 9:27 p.m.

It has the potential to be funny to car guys, but "because racecar" is too specific I think.

Make it just "because"

"Look pretty, don't run - Because Alfa"

A picture of a pile of rust and some parts - Because Lancia

Fire from te exhaust - Because turbo.

Flat black FWD tripodding through a corner- Because E36 M3box

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
5/16/11 9:28 p.m.
Derick Freese wrote: Milhouse is seriously the only forced meme that hasn't become a meme.

Milhouse isn't a meme...

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
5/16/11 9:30 p.m.
Grizz wrote: It has the potential to be funny to car guys, but "because racecar" is too specific I think. Make it just "because" "Look pretty, don't run - Because Alfa" *A picture of a pile of rust and some parts* - Because Lancia Fire from te exhaust - Because turbo. *Flat black FWD tripodding through a corner*- Because E36 M3box

Yeah i'd like to see some of these. Could be funnier in my opinion. Could have an RX7 with the hood open on the side of the road- Because Rotary

Picture of a prius smashed into something- Because Toyota

Derick Freese
Derick Freese Dork
5/16/11 9:36 p.m.

Milhouse is an attempted forced meme. Like I said, it's like the only forced meme that hasn't become a meme. I don't know how many times I see it daily, though.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
5/16/11 9:39 p.m.

Why does engine rebuild cost more than car is worth? Because Porsche

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
5/16/11 9:41 p.m.

Why does new Focus park itself? Because Lazy.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
5/16/11 9:41 p.m.

What kind of car should I buy? Because Miata

dogbreath
dogbreath New Reader
5/16/11 9:42 p.m.

Why guardrail? Because AE86

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
5/16/11 9:43 p.m.
Derick Freese wrote: Milhouse is an attempted forced meme. Like I said, it's like the only forced meme that hasn't become a meme. I don't know how many times I see it daily, though.

Wow, dude. That was the joke.

Milhouse isn't a meme, but "Milhouse isn't a meme" is a meme.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese Dork
5/16/11 9:57 p.m.

/back to lurking

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
5/16/11 10:05 p.m.

Go to the bathroom Because I have to go.

Joey

Grizz
Grizz Reader
5/16/11 10:31 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote: Why does engine rebuild cost more than car is worth? Because Porsche

Another one

Picture of a 911 flying engine first off the road - Because Porsche.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
5/16/11 11:28 p.m.
Woody wrote: Thank you, Jackie Chan.

And with that, time to shove another quarter into the GRM jukebox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2yK-ZBFq0M

Does it say something about me that I'd like to get to Glastonbury as much as I'd like to get to Goodwood?

nnnick
nnnick
5/17/11 10:43 a.m.

Hi all, I'm the owner of the becauseracecar.org site - I appreciate all the feedback, good and bad. To quote another over-used meme with poor grammar skills, "haters gonna hate."

To clear one point up though, this isn't a well funded effort, I'm just a 26 year old kid doing this in my spare time, and sadly I'm far from well funded. FWIW, the site has made about $8 in AdSense clicks, which is about break-even for the cost of the domain...lol.

I'm just doing it for fun & to see if I can create something cool out of it. I'll admit the concept isn't very new or clever, but I thought having a sort of comic/joke site for gearheads could be a fun idea.

Regardless, I'd love ideas & input on new images to post, and if it's ok with y'all I might even borrow a few from this thread.

Sidebar: I've been a member of NASA for two years now doing HPDE sessions, I also race in 24 Hours of LeMons in an 82 Audi Coupe. Big respect for the GRM community. Here is a pic of the LeMon:

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/17/11 10:47 a.m.

At 26 you can no longer call yourself a kid, that's for us old farts.

Why palindrome? Because RACECAR!!!!
Best I could do.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
5/17/11 10:54 a.m.

best one

madmallard
madmallard Reader
5/17/11 11:12 a.m.

no no... because the answer is broken english, the first line must also be broken english ~ ~

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
5/17/11 11:17 a.m.

In reply to nnnick:

Thanks for popping in. Regardless of anyone's affinity for grammar, more racecar stuff on the internet beats less.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 Dork
5/17/11 11:21 a.m.
nnnick wrote: Hi all, I'm the owner of the becauseracecar.org site - I appreciate all the feedback, good and bad. To quote another over-used meme with poor grammar skills, "haters gonna hate."

I thought it was funny.

But I'm kinda a dork.

How 'bout a picture of an Escalade in a ditch by a snowy road with "Because momentum equals mass times velocity". See, I think that's funny. So I'm probably not a very good judge.

nnnick
nnnick New Reader
5/17/11 12:56 p.m.

LOL thanks guys. The Cadillac suggestion is funny to me too but I'm not sure if many others will get it, worth a shot.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese Dork
5/17/11 1:00 p.m.

Build it to the point where it's something cheezburger wants and sell it.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0KFBd6u8BuAT3USULl107YdkwEYAleQEZ9bxcEXDOraRRFgmqHInIC1nHdSaLIXb