Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/18/08 8:53 a.m.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24668614-17001,00.html Streaker in mud puddle stops race at Top End Mud Racing track By Rebekah Cavanagh Northern Territory News November 18, 2008 10:26am

A CAR race in the Northern Territory had to be stopped mid-lap after a streaker ran onto the track and splashed about nude in a mud puddle. The 19-year-old man jumped a two meter-high fence and made a naked dash across the arena of the Downes Park Top End Mud Racing track before "swan-diving" in a thigh-deep pool of muddy water on the racing circuit .

Officials stopped the mud racers roaring around the track moments before they were to plough through the puddle he was prancing around in.

Top End Mud Racing Association president Chris Lovewell said the man was "extremely lucky".

"He was less than 20m away from being dead," he said. "The drivers have very limited vision and had we not managed to stop the car mid-race it would have ploughed through the water and straight over the top of him.

"And if the driver had hit that person they wouldn't have even known until they got back in the pits."

Mr Lovewell said the stunt was "stupid" and that the association would not tolerate that sort of behaviour at the popular family event.

But the streaker did not walk away injury-free.

When jumping the fence he fell and hit a rock, busting his head open and had to be taken by police to hospital.

Alcohol was believed to be a contributing factor.

Kramer
Kramer Reader
11/18/08 2:54 p.m.

Rectum?

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
11/18/08 3:02 p.m.

I'm pretty sure it's redundant to say that any sort of "mud racing" event and alcohol consumption are related.

I kid...I kid because I love

Clem

jrw1621
jrw1621 Reader
11/18/08 3:04 p.m.

Rectum? Hell it damn near killed him!

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
11/18/08 3:08 p.m.

The hue of his neck may have had something to do with it.

Alcohol is pretty much a given.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Chebbie_SB
Chebbie_SB Reader
11/18/08 6:26 p.m.

If I had enough "liquid courage" to scale the fence nekkid and streak through the course, seeing all those mud racers bearing down on me I might have "added" to the mud puddle !

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
68dTRnymuu2GEp8uQ442XtjYI5Wud9LaRceD9WhCaRS49VMD9mdZQz929Xdvp2qJ