1 2
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/12 12:42 p.m.

I know it's a GRM'er in the Miata because it has 6UL's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg99GlXF3_U&feature=player_embedded

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Reader
8/8/12 12:46 p.m.

I thought the wife beater gave it away

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/8/12 12:56 p.m.

He had the WRC mentality of GET TO THE FINISH. And for that, we thank you.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
8/8/12 1:13 p.m.

I can't understand the appeal of wrecking perfectly nice cars at these things. If they were beaters to start with, fine, but a lot of them look like they were really nice. Were being the operative word.

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
8/8/12 1:28 p.m.

I'm just surprised there isn't video of the other guy running over to beat the crap out of him.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
8/8/12 1:38 p.m.

I'm going with ClubRoadster.

I don't think there's enough info here to determine that it was a GRMer based on the fact that the car is wearing probably the most common aftermarket wheel ever affixed to a Miata.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/12 2:00 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: I'm going with ClubRoadster. I don't think there's enough info here to determine that it was a GRMer based on the fact that the car is wearing probably the most common aftermarket wheel ever affixed to a Miata.

Actually, I have a strong suspicion that it's that "miata.net" guy from last year...

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
8/8/12 2:11 p.m.

What a jackass. I'm surprised miata guy didn't get pounded.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
8/8/12 2:14 p.m.

Didn't look like a bad PIT to me.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/8/12 2:25 p.m.

I like this video

I get a kick out of watching idiots at the spectator drags. I also enjoy the smart ones.

There were a couple of smart guys here at the dirt track a couple of months ago that could actually drive and were driving beat up $500 Grand Cherokees and kicking everyone else's asses. I always have my fingers crossed to see the Joe Dirt idiots in Camaros try to go out there and can't make a turn to save their life and wreck their pride and joy.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
8/8/12 2:41 p.m.

That didn't look like an accident to me

Thats also not the first time that shenanigans at spectator drags have shown up here.

My neck just isn't red enough to think thats a good idea

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
8/8/12 2:54 p.m.

I used to want to try this...

http://youtu.be/xZw29SsJ5YU

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/8/12 2:57 p.m.

Wow these guys are worse than the average street racer...

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
8/8/12 3:11 p.m.

Hm... maybe THAT is the churkey's destiny.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/8/12 3:34 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Wow these guys are worse than the average street racer...

I think that is your average street racer. Your everyday stoplight to stoplight drag racing tard. They have no idea about how weight transfers in a turn and how that will affect understeer or oversteer.

kazoospec
kazoospec Reader
8/8/12 3:44 p.m.

Will start watching the classified ads for a slightly beat up red hard top and three nice 15 inch 6UL's.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
8/8/12 3:46 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote:
GameboyRMH wrote: Wow these guys are worse than the average street racer...
I think that is your average street racer. Your everyday stoplight to stoplight drag racing tard. They have no idea about how weight transfers in a turn and how that will affect understeer or oversteer.

Bingo! I'd seen that vid of the Buicks before. That guy didn't even seem to know it had a push that bad, and he damn sure didn't know how to manage it.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Reader
8/8/12 5:27 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HfBHn19KGo&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Saw this here a long time ago, reposted for posterity.

ncjay
ncjay Reader
8/9/12 11:01 a.m.

This probably explains why my local track stopped doing spectator races. It was fun watching a GMC Syclone whoop everyone's butt.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
8/9/12 11:07 a.m.
DuctTape&Bondo wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HfBHn19KGo&feature=endscreen&NR=1 Saw this here a long time ago, reposted for posterity.

That is my favorite.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
8/9/12 11:16 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: I used to want to try this... http://youtu.be/xZw29SsJ5YU

I'm literally speechless after that. What a tool

yamaha
yamaha HalfDork
8/9/12 11:46 a.m.

Thats why you don't take something nice to a spectator race....

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
8/9/12 12:44 p.m.

Has anyone been to one of these redneck spectator drag things? All the vids out there seem to be some poor shmo getting his DD wrecked by a beat up old POS. IS that normal or is it a once in a blue moon event? I mean if there’s 20 of these things a night, how many end yup trading paint?

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/9/12 12:52 p.m.

Meh, the dirt track does it near me but people bring E36 M3ty cars to it. No one really intentionally wrecks anyone in those. Now in the actually circle track car races, those guys will get "payback" occasionally.

yamaha
yamaha HalfDork
8/9/12 3:20 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

Still, as with any form of racing.......if you didn't want the possibility of a total loss, don't take it to a track.

The people running nice cars in those are idiots. Who gives a berkeley ?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N0Ks1OpWNAC0pEngAY5bAzmhQ7BMjETqjUadtKue8V2Ubu5iYzyqUZWMN9EPdeG1