1 2
Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/12/18 5:43 p.m.
Grizz said:

I think in this instance the proper term for biased would have been biased? I get the gist tho.

You're both right really. Rare stuff doing stupid but entertaining E36 M3 like burnouts gets more of a pass because you don't get to see it that often.

Rolling burnouts by a viper are cooler than ones by a common mustang just like having a Lambo being revved in a parking lot near you would be cooler than an STI doing it.

Actually... I was in traffic with a hyper car last year. Not sure what it was, but the exhaust note was very F1'ish. The exhaust was cool for all of 15 seconds. then I regretted keeping up with him when we got to the light and I was stuck with him revving the piss out of it for almost 2 minutes. Got old REALLY fast. Made the left, and immediately pulled off to give him time to get down the road away from me. 

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
4/12/18 6:20 p.m.

I could go on a rant here but basically working at a quick lube facility I've seen the worst type of owners for about every brand. I gave up judging others based on there cars a few years ago with one exception, I can't stand diesel trucks being used as appliances. I service plenty of these and it often aggravates me. There also by far the cheapest vehicle owners I've met.

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
4/12/18 6:34 p.m.

I have my biases but I've been proven wrong far too often. When I went to look at our current tow pig it had a 6" lift kit, 37" mudders, tack on fender flairs and a big cow catcher front bumper. It was close and the price was right so I went to take a look. Turned out to be a totally down to earth guy in his mid fifties. He showed us around his storage unit and he had a crap ton of cool toys. His taste wasn't the same as mine but he was still a fellow gearhead.

I bought the truck then went about de-Broing it. The people who came to buy all the bits certainly fit the stereotype.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie Reader
4/12/18 6:43 p.m.

No. Hell no. I even like Yugos, Renaults, Ladas, Trabants, and Skodas. I love all cars. All of them. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
4/12/18 6:48 p.m.

I don't judge unless I see you in the accessory aisle at the parts house. 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
4/12/18 6:57 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

In reply to Joe Gearin :

what do you have against the carolina squat.

I always thought that was a Texas thing...

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
4/12/18 6:58 p.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

I've also heard it refered to as Cali Lean.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/12/18 8:26 p.m.

What race are cars again? 

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
4/12/18 8:55 p.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

I've heard it called the Tennessee Tuck

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/12/18 9:57 p.m.

Around here it's the "Palatka Lean". I don't get it.

Type Q
Type Q SuperDork
4/13/18 9:09 a.m.

Going back to the first post. I think the another word for bias in this case is prejudiced. Prejudice (pre-judging) based on one factor such what car someone drives is something I guessing we are all guilty of.  

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
4/13/18 9:45 a.m.

I have a 16 yr old staff member that has managed to save $20,000 to buy a car and the only car he is willing to buy is a 1992 Nissan R32 GTR. I call him a car snob because he refuses to even entertain the idea of other options. He gets it honestly, though, his dad is a hard core Classic Beetle guy and won't even allow the kid to park a GTR on the property or even go look at one to buy but if it were a Classic Beetle, dad would travel across the country and chip in a few bucks to buy the car.

There are definite trends in what kind of people buy certain cars and if those people rub you the wrong way, you might find the cars obnoxious, too.  I have a slight Porsche bias but am open to all brands/models of cars. I can't say the same for the car owners, some groups really bother me.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
4/13/18 9:55 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

In reply to Joe Gearin :

what do you have against the carolina squat.

Is that what they call it?   To me it's the truck equivalent of the "stance" look on cars.  Folks paying a lot of money to make their machines less useful.  

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
4/13/18 10:13 a.m.

all it reminds me of is that goofy looking rake that was popular in the 80s on muscle cars

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/14/18 12:54 p.m.
Suprf1y said:
Stefan said:

Turns out she was a member of the same Corvette club back in the day and when she and my wife's aunt got together to talk about "old times" ?  Well.... there were mentions of key parties, lots of drinking, "topless" drives, etc.

Main reason I bought one.

I've always driven some type of high performance vehicle, but buy a Vette in your 50's and it's a midlife crisis

I bought my 1st Vette at 25, my dating life went from bad to worse. 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
4/15/18 12:42 a.m.
1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mVdEGZgkjRJnXCM3HpUkUwrM6skcCZqiVVIHXpbRRfYXQIT4IQ04RuLM61ehpbUF