1 2 3 4
Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/10/11 3:36 p.m.

Welcome Eden.

When my Golf is done and sitting about 1" higher than stock ride height on knobby tires, I'm going to post it into every stance thread I see at VW Vortex until I get banned.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
10/10/11 3:53 p.m.

Eden, just as a personal anecdote.

You should have seen all the "hate" i got back in the day when i first started throwing money at my FWD celica. "You should have just gotten an alltrac, why would you dump so much money into this thing?" "LOL FWD, what's the point?"

Well... this is why the community goes nowhere.

If you like it, you like it. Does anything else really matter?

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
10/10/11 3:59 p.m.

Don't like being hated on? Then stop being a dumbass.

EdenPrime
EdenPrime New Reader
10/10/11 4:30 p.m.

In reply to ReverendDexter:

Oh no. It's followed me.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 Dork
10/10/11 4:33 p.m.

I came here looking for animosity like it says in the thread title, and all I see is a bunch of people being polite to each other. Sucks!

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/10/11 5:18 p.m.
1988RedT2 wrote: I came here looking for animosity like it says in the thread title, and all I see is a bunch of people being polite to each other. Sucks!

Your mother smells of elderberries and your father was a nugget! Now, go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

EdenPrime
EdenPrime New Reader
10/10/11 5:28 p.m.

In reply to turboswede:

Not to mention you fart in his general direction.

turboswede
10/10/11 6:16 p.m.
EdenPrime wrote: In reply to turboswede: Not to mention you fart in his general direction.

To be honest, I fart in everyone's general direction...

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
10/10/11 6:41 p.m.

Wait what is the air speed velocity of a swallow?

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/10/11 6:48 p.m.

What do you mean…african or european swallow?

turboswede
10/10/11 7:11 p.m.

Where did you get the coconuts?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
10/10/11 7:12 p.m.

We found them

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
10/10/11 7:13 p.m.

Found them? In Mercia? The coconut's tropical!

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
10/10/11 7:21 p.m.

are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

turboswede
10/10/11 7:46 p.m.

Shut up peasant!

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Dork
10/10/11 8:22 p.m.
ProDarwin wrote:
EdenPrime wrote: Anyways, do you guys get much "hate?" and if so, how do you deal with it? Cause i'm hated on often.
A) Yes. Welcome to the internet. Happens to everyone. B) Nothing, because taking any action would be a waste of time.

This +eleventybillion. Happens in life too. I stopped worrying about it a lo-o-ong time ago. Guess it comes from being a retired army sergeant and helicopter Tech Inspector. I used to tell people the army sent me to a$$hole school. Try to get over on me inspecting your helicopter, which I do to keep you and others safe and I'll be very difficult to get along with. I don't care what you think of me, doesn't affect my sleep one bit.
What better way to share this hobby of madness than to encourage others.

Edenprime: too bad you live too far away. Just keep in mind that wrench bending isn't really that difficult. Just study it, take your time and follow through. It's the details that matter. Think about what will happen when you do something before you do it and all will be fine. Practice build knowledge and confidence. Just be prepared to mess things up. We all do once in a while.

EdenPrime
EdenPrime New Reader
10/10/11 8:59 p.m.

In reply to wlkelley3: Thanks a lot. I appreciate your advice.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
10/10/11 10:31 p.m.

I would just say...Who the berkeley cares? So what if they dont like you. Dont go to the site. I always assume people on the net are over weight forty somethings in greasy wifebeater shirts that still live in there moms basement. So what if that kind of person doesnt like you. Id be more worried if they did.

Joey

gamby
gamby SuperDork
10/10/11 10:58 p.m.
joey48442 wrote: I would just say...Who the berkeley cares? So what if they dont like you. Dont go to the site. I always assume people on the net are over weight forty somethings in greasy wifebeater shirts that still live in there moms basement. So what if that kind of person doesnt like you. Id be more worried if they did. Joey

Nah, it's usually hyper-materialistic 20-something IT guys with massive superiority complexes.

turboswede
10/11/11 12:06 a.m.
gamby wrote:
joey48442 wrote: I would just say...Who the berkeley cares? So what if they dont like you. Dont go to the site. I always assume people on the net are over weight forty somethings in greasy wifebeater shirts that still live in there moms basement. So what if that kind of person doesnt like you. Id be more worried if they did. Joey
Nah, it's usually hyper-materialistic 20-something IT guys with massive superiority complexes.

As an IT Professional, I think I can say that we do not have a superiority complex. IT guys are just programmed to be better, so we expect others to be better as well.

Plus, we just don't like ricers....

EdenPrime
EdenPrime Reader
10/25/12 6:44 p.m.

Also, since the car is an automatic w/ manual shift, i get flack for that as well. Before i tell someone the kind of transmission, it's like, "Oh yeah, you'll make power and it'll be a good track car!" I mention it's the automanual and i get something like, "Meh, may as well just sell it." I understand the passion and preference for an MT, but AT doesn't make the car useless. It's been on my nerves lately.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/25/12 7:18 p.m.

Wow... old school thread. I combat the haters by owning my local enthusiast site. You don't generally screw with the guy that owns it lol. Also, I do prefer manuals, but that's me- power can be made on autos, drag guys have been doing it for decades.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Reader
10/25/12 7:24 p.m.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
10/25/12 7:36 p.m.

For some reason the forums I visit have very little to no hate (GRM, Young Guns Classics and YugoGVOwnersUnited). Although to be honest, you can't really hate on much when you have a Yugo...

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
10/25/12 8:20 p.m.

I think most of us here are married or have kids. We've pretty much lost the will to fight at this point.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ecdCCggdshHbr8l5SQaANTA60rw2bVV1Kku8qArQWn0nRnEdftt0dMg8tbFGInt3