1 2
RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/8/18 11:30 a.m.

In 3 hours, I'll be sitting down in a tattoo chair for the first time in a couple years(thanks Dana!). I'm excited, I've missed the buzz and the pinch.

Problem is, I have no idea what to get, or where for that matter. 

So before I try my hand at the tattoo vending machine they have, any thoughts or ideas from the hive?

My only requirement? Nothing "offensive" in hard to cover places. I have a kid in preschool so I have to deal with teachers for the next 15 years. 

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
12/8/18 11:41 a.m.

An old timey scroll that says "I'm out of ideas. "

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
12/8/18 12:00 p.m.

Hello?

RevRico
12/8/18 12:06 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I have my daughter's name on my arm. The only names I feel comfortable tattooing are children and dead people, because while children may disappoint, they'll always be your kid and dead people stop disappointing when they die. We're also more parents than a couple.

Although, the artist I use is also named Dana, so it would be a good laugh, but a lifetime laugh?

Guess I could just get a turbo 

Edit: Seth, if you're around and approve of its use for such an adventure, could you email me a high res of the think twice wrench once logo?

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
12/8/18 12:15 p.m.

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
12/8/18 12:19 p.m.

I'll never get a tatto.

I do not feel the need to mess with perfection!

Use the money for a vacation... Something you will never forget.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/8/18 12:28 p.m.

I have no tattoos and do not want any.  I get it, some people really like them.  Sure, they call it art - - but they would not hang the same art in their living room.   

To anyone who does want a tattoo, I present this challenge... 

Take that "artwork" and paste it to the center of your bathroom mirror for a year.  The intention here is that you can not look at yourself in the mirror for a year without seeing that artwork cast upon your reflection.  If in 1 year you still want that artwork, then fine.  

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/8/18 12:38 p.m.

I guess I understand tattoos, although they’re not for me, but.... 

are you really going to go in and do this with an idea that is 3 hours old?

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
12/8/18 12:55 p.m.

You can’t go wrong with traditional American.  Sailor Jerry style?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/8/18 12:58 p.m.

How about:

No Regrats

RevRico
12/8/18 12:59 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

I've done it with far less thought. Honestly, looking like I'll just pull something out of the "I can't make up my mind" machine at this point. 

I knew I was getting one for Xmas, just haven't really been able to figure anything out. And since Ralph Steadman hasn't replied to any of my requests for a better pig from his illustrated version of Animal Farm, I'm just rolling with it. 

I freely admit to be addicting to the tattoo gun. The noise, the sensation, the green soap smell of a shop, it's wonderful to me. I'd be happy to sit under a bare needle for an hour just to get a fix, but they won't go for that. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/8/18 1:50 p.m.

"Ran when parked" on your calf?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/8/18 2:03 p.m.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/8/18 2:07 p.m.

RevRico
12/8/18 2:08 p.m.
Woody said:

I actually couldn't find my sticker, but I thought about it.

Picked one out of the book. It fits me, but will definitely fit the BBQ joint I'm trying to open as well. 

RevRico
12/8/18 5:41 p.m.

for those playing our home game today

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/8/18 11:52 p.m.

Cool, this has half turned into a "I don't have tattoos. I'll never understand why one would do that" thread.

All my ideas are aviation based. 

I want a Pratt & Whitney R2800 over my heart.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/9/18 8:29 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I’m still trying to figure out the proper way to incorporate my kids names onto my arm.  Then having an internal struggle on whether to spend money on car parts or drawing on my skin.  Car parts always win

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
12/9/18 11:05 a.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to John Welsh :

I’m still trying to figure out the proper way to incorporate my kids names onto my arm.  Then having an internal struggle on whether to spend money on car parts or drawing on my skin.  Car parts always win

I find myself in this exact situation.  wink

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
3/18/19 6:31 p.m.

RevRico   "Rhode Island Red" 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/19/19 8:09 a.m.

LOL at all the "I'd never do that" blah blah blah.

It's just ink, who cares? Hell one of my buddies has a pink elephant head tattoo'd on the back of his arm. It's the logo for a local pizza place, get one of the 3-4 designs, 15% off pizza for life. 

(not) WilD (Matt)
(not) WilD (Matt) Dork
3/19/19 8:38 a.m.
RevRico said:

My only requirement? Nothing "offensive" in hard to cover places. I have a kid in preschool so I have to deal with teachers for the next 15 years. 

Is offensive in easily covered places OK?  Also not sure if the teacher thing is in reference to offensiveness or tattoos in general, but my wife is an elementary school teacher and has tattoos on both arms and on the back of her neck.  I sometimes wonder what parents think...

I'm of no help in tattoo picking... my wife keeps saying I should get one but I have not.  I'm not against them or anything, I just can't think of anything I think is cool enough and I change my mind too often.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
3/19/19 8:43 a.m.
z31maniac said:

I knew a tattoo thread would bring out the Holier Than Thou types.

However, it is a bit odd to commit to a tattoo without knowing what you want, right?

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/19/19 8:49 a.m.
ProDarwin said:
z31maniac said:

I knew a tattoo thread would bring out the Holier Than Thou types.

However, it is a bit odd to commit to a tattoo without knowing what you want, right?

I'd agree to that. All the ones I have I knew what I wanted, or at least had a really good idea of what I wanted before I even booked time. 

But I'm also not so serious about it that it has to be "like super memorable and personal for reasons."

Reminds me I still need to finish my Japanese sock on my right leg. Not becuase I'm Japanese, I just dig the art style, so I started putting some on my body!

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/19/19 9:03 a.m.

Oh, IIIIiii  would never get a tattoo!  That would make me way to easily identifiable.

Posted from my Android® phone, powered by Google®!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NzXJaCvTxXeYKAgta5FjxGs4atYOXQlKIo5H1qrBCEW8sVlW2Izw2emOcopZm8rO