WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/19/18 8:22 p.m.

Farkin' whirlpool.  How much more would it have been to give this idler pulley a real bearing, instead of this sintered metal pos bushing?  It probably wouldn't have started squeaking and seizing after only 5 years.

/Rant over.

Thanks, I needed that..  now, is there anywhere that has pullies by ID and OD listed so I can pop into Advance tomorrow and grab one?

Thanks!

WonkoTheSane
10/19/18 8:25 p.m.

Whoops, pictures got dropped.

Looks like the pulley is 1.65 freedom units OD, and the bushing is .500". Looks like the shaft is about .4995 or so without breaking out the mics.

Will
Will UltraDork
10/19/18 10:13 p.m.
93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo SuperDork
10/20/18 6:14 a.m.

I had that same washer with the same bushing/idler.  Ordered a new bushing Amazon Prime for like 8 bucks, installed it, silent as a church mouse.  For 8 bucks and no research at all, that was the way to go.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
10/20/18 6:26 a.m.

McMaster Carr lists them by dimensions pretty thoroughly. I was able to upgrade the bearings in my elliptical machine to ones with oil impregnated bronze. Worked well. Quiet and easy drop in replacement. 

WonkoTheSane
10/20/18 10:59 a.m.

Thanks Will, I ran across those as well. I didn't see anything that fits.

93 GSX, yeah, but if for $14 I put in a real bearing and never do it again, that's a win.. my real motivation is never to do it again :)

Dculberson - McMaster and MSC are where I was headed if I can't find one in stock at Advance (spoiler alert: I probably won't find one in stock at Advance).

Rufledt
Rufledt UberDork
10/20/18 5:26 p.m.

the normal whirlpool replacement is a little larger diameter, we replace them ALL THE TIME.  It's not whirlpool, it's basically every dryer made these days.  We keep buckets of idler wheels in stock.  My advice is to buy a few of the things.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ODW7wvLKUxQcOKnGeR80QjOzpYSHTpJ1aNCOX8s8dUgRAL4KBSxSHxF4Il67rhHu