1 2
Osterizer
Osterizer HalfDork
1/2/09 2:42 p.m.
problemaddict wrote:
Osterizer wrote: Is it possible to skip iTunes all together?
Google "ipod hacks". Its possible to do all kinds of stuff with 'em. Including uploading a new linux based operating system. I'm currently researching turning my ipod mini into a universal remote for my tv and upgrading its 4gb harddrive to a 32gb flash card....

Yeah, I've got a friend who's fond of playing Doom on his iPod. Pretty trick.

Josh wrote: Yeah, the battery thing is basically a non-issue relentlessly trumpeted by people who for whatever reason are desperate to find fault with anything Apple does. I mean, if you are going to direct your hate at something in this world, someone else's choice of a digital audio player seems like a pretty frivolous choice. I have a first-gen nano, which is supposed to be the hardest to replace the battery on (soldered to the board, tiny chassis), and I ran it through the washing machine. Once I dried it out, it worked, but only plugged in - it wouldn't hold a charge. With $12 and half an hour's work, I had a new battery with 50% more capacity and it's worked perfectly ever since.

Oh snap, burn! You're not my friend anymore.

Fine, but what about those "Unknown Error 1416" or whatever?

Please note: This isn't a defense of the Zune. I do like the new ones, but as long as they are DRM'ed up, and aren't straight drag and drop, I'll not be purchasing one of those either. I'm just a little annoyed and jealous of Apple being so successful with a product that's so middle-of-the-road.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
1/2/09 4:07 p.m.

Yay I ruined the thread. Sorry.

I didn't say iPods were better. I just said that Microsoft sucks

And I don't own an MP3 player, either. Long live the compact disc and it's 1411 mbps resolution.

Osterizer
Osterizer HalfDork
1/2/09 5:31 p.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: Long live the compact disc and it's 1411 mbps resolution.

All hail MiniDisc!

therex
therex SuperDork
1/2/09 8:30 p.m.
Osterizer wrote: *Please note: This isn't a defense of the Zune. I do like the new ones, but as long as they are DRM'ed up, and aren't straight drag and drop, I'll not be purchasing one of those either.

Well you're in luck:

1. Zunes (and the Zune Software) will categorize and play Un-DRM'd tunes.
  2. The 14.99/month Zune Pass will give you unlimited DRM-enabled downloads, and one DRM-Free album a month.
  3. You can do both of these downloads FROM your Zune when you're in a Wifi hotspot.

That's bad ass and you know it.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
1/2/09 10:04 p.m.
Osterizer wrote:
Twin_Cam wrote: Long live the compact disc and it's 1411 mbps resolution.
All hail MiniDisc!

I had one of those! Those things rock. I dropped the one I had though, and couldn't find a replacement, because that format lasted all of three days.

therex
therex SuperDork
1/4/09 7:28 p.m.

I still have a portable minidisc player if someone wants it. ;)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yUqU1MlzaJHsnEo3v1UmcJLhHC3eQLv2u3xHdXkeEYuoCVkXohtY9JXi8PtdM9V5