1 2 3
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/11/19 9:31 p.m.

Also, shortly after my last post last year, I suffered a soft-tissue injury and had to sit out several weeks, which totally berkeleyed my marathon training.  So I Bob Costas’d out and gave my bib to my old Martial Arts instructor and he ran under my name because it was too late to transfer it to his name.  I haven’t run since.  I don’t miss running.  But I miss my running buddies and I miss being in shape, so after the Challenge I’m going to start running again.  Not training, just running.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/12/19 7:33 a.m.

I just signed up for a 5k tough mudder

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
9/12/19 8:07 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Are those 45s?  Because that looks like a 405 deadlift to me.  And that is pretty stout.  Congrats!

Yep.  Thanks :)

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/12/19 8:13 a.m.

Just did an XC race that I had been kind of training for but a broken derauiller cable turned that into a E36 M3 show... Broke between mile 14 and 15 so a lot of pushing and coasting down hill after a long stop to try to fix it really sucked.

Now just getting ready to do a bikepacking trip in Northern Georgia at the start of November.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
9/12/19 8:50 a.m.

I'm riding my bike three times a week now.  Haven't missed a ride in over two weeks.  I always start a stopwatch (one of the old-fashioned ones, that you wind up--it has hands!) when I leave and check my time when I get back.  I tell myself that I'm pretty fast for an old man, and after I get past 60 I should start competing.  I figure that due to attrition, I might actually be competitive in my age bracket. laugh

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/12/19 11:38 a.m.

I'm just trying to get more fit. My legs are a pinned together broken mess, so it's a bit more difficult. Running is off of the table, and that used to be my go-to, since it was easy to just decide to change clothes and jog 5 miles. Going that far just walking takes too long for me to do it regularly.

I'm planning on spending quality time on the eliptical machines. I'd like to have a goal like joining the 1000 lb. club, but the legs hold that back quite a bit, too. Instead, I think I'll just concentrate on getting back into the 36 inch waist club for now.

stroker
stroker UltraDork
9/13/19 4:48 p.m.

Does quitting smoking count?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/19 5:18 p.m.

In reply to stroker :

hell yes it does!   you're training to live longer.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
9/13/19 5:24 p.m.

I'm training to run a 6 hour hare scramble next month.

It's hard to build endurance in the woods without taking all my time so I go to the motocross track and run 1 hour motos at full MX speed and try to do it without sitting. It's hard on the legs but it works.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
9/13/19 5:33 p.m.
stroker said:

Does quitting smoking count?

Hell, yes!  Having dated someone who was addicted, I know it's no easy devil to beat.  I wish you success!

fredschutte
fredschutte New Reader
9/16/19 10:45 a.m.

I'm training my English skills to learn, to spread and develop my website .

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/16/19 6:26 p.m.

In reply to fredschutte :

Your canoe skills are good. 

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile Reader
9/16/19 6:43 p.m.

According to my wife of 5 years I’m still in training

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 Dork
9/16/19 7:56 p.m.

My wife is training for another marathon and I am “sympathy training” 4 runs a week. Up to 30mi/wk and and not loving it. Bless people who do these all the time. 

I am counting it as training to survive in my drag car longer in  sfi 20 fire suit without passing out. Similar effort. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JBiBS8S0706WtvcDF6X1Kk6XJYe5VT4d9UcAUnU36j5bzEbCDzgCGWrZ8Z667lWr