1 2
Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/22/20 12:52 a.m.

I went to check the weather for the next few day's and read an article that says it'll be colder in Florida than Alberta. Toques and woollies around down there. Good luck staying warm.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/22/20 1:22 a.m.

Iguana no likey

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/20 5:37 a.m.

It's dropped below freezing here on the MS coast the last two nights, which isn't unusual for this time of year. However, it's basically been in 60's/70's almost every day since November, so I'm afraid this cold snap may have caught some critters off guard - I almost ran over a baby turtle in front of our garage door the other day. He should have been deep into hibernation. 

I'm sure it won't do damn thing about the mosquitos though. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/22/20 5:40 a.m.

This is insane, definitely wearing jeans today.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/22/20 5:56 a.m.

It is terribly petty of me to feel the way I do about this, but we just came out of over two weeks of daytime highs in the -20's at best.

It's the same way I felt when it snowed in Victoria.

I am ashamed of my giggling.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/22/20 6:37 a.m.

34 F at my house at the moment, Daytona Beach is always warmer.

Weather looks great for the Rolex this year. Cold,dense air makes horsepower, and no rain. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/22/20 6:58 a.m.

I'm loving it.  I never get weather like this in Tampa and it's one of the things I hate most about this part of the state.

It did mean I had to sleep in the guest room.  I wanted to sleep with the windows open and the wife looked at me like I was crazy.  Tried to explain that I sleep better when I'm cold but she wasn't having it.  Best sleep I've had in months.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/22/20 7:06 a.m.

$50 for whoever sends me a frozen iguana

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/22/20 7:09 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Not sure you want to open a box of defrosted iguana. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/22/20 7:10 a.m.
RevRico said:

$50 for whoever sends me a frozen iguana

Lol, I hope all those berkeleyers die. They are a pest. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/22/20 8:31 a.m.

It's been below freezing here for the past 2 nights. I am glad because that should finally kill off the mosquitos and no-see-ums that have stuck around since summer.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/20 8:31 a.m.

16 degrees and sunny here in Connecticut. Heading out to walk the dog for about an hour.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
1/22/20 8:55 a.m.

Was 23 last night.  Went snowboarding with the kid for 5 hours.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
1/22/20 9:14 a.m.

Needs to warm back up by the 14th as I'm making a quick stop down with 84FSP junior to stay with my Dad in his travel trailer in Jupiter...  C'mon warm weather!!!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/22/20 9:28 a.m.

I wore a sweater today. Traffic suggest the apocalypse is coming. 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/22/20 9:39 a.m.

gonna be 40 today.. no coat needed.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/20 9:53 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to RevRico :

Not sure you want to open a box of defrosted iguana. 

Decades ago I worked for Schumacher Electric in the customer returns department. We'd get pallets of "defective" merch back from various large retailers(realistically 90% of them were where people had stripped the transformer - or sometimes the entire battery charger - for scrap & replaced it with rock/bricks/etc.). We'd frequently find petrified geckos, skinks, etc. inside. Occasionally we'd find a live one. They didn't make it too long in Illinois. 

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
1/22/20 9:55 a.m.

21 degrees at my house this morning, brrrrr. Throw a bit of moisture in and we will have snow. Wait, it's Georgia, it will be mostly ice. sad

lateapexer
lateapexer Reader
1/22/20 10:05 a.m.

Not to pick nits, but it was -40 degrees Celsius in Alberta last week. That means it was also -40 degrees Fahrenheit. That's roughly an 80 degree difference in temperature so Florida was 80 degrees warmer.

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
1/22/20 10:59 a.m.

We hate 40 degree days, melts the ice.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/22/20 11:01 a.m.

I heard iguanas are raining from the trees its so cold! That sounds funny to watch!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/22/20 11:02 a.m.
lateapexer said:

Not to pick nits, but it was -40 degrees Celsius in Alberta last week. That means it was also -40 degrees Fahrenheit. That's roughly an 80 degree difference in temperature so Florida was 80 degrees warmer.

That's berkeleying COLD. holy crap. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/22/20 12:26 p.m.

Don't laugh but, yeah, heated steering wheel felt good last night. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/22/20 1:03 p.m.

My weather app said that it got to 36°F in Riverview last night.

I never thought I'd see a wind-chill advisory in central Florida.

I wouldn't know because I was buried in the covers last night wearing lounge pants, socks and a tshirt. This being Florida, I refuse to turn on my heat. It is 61°F in my house right now:

I ain't a little bitch.

I'm just not going outside today and I'm now wearing the aforementioned lounge pants, socks and t-shirt plus a sweatshirt and slippers.

Ok so maybe a little bit cheeky

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/22/20 1:09 p.m.

40°F is shorts and t-shirt weather here in NH. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8LfLYGxD2RwBbDTIuB9B1xwNWtrhytAoD4SuHXhsjxi54NXlXX09YPEjwNJQAHG9