HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 7:49 a.m.

I'd like some help designing some custom MX bike graphics that mimic popular sponcer graphics like Red Bull and RockStar, but have products from Futurama instead. Think Slurm, LowbraĆ¼, Mom's robot Co and Mobil-dick. Bachelor Chow and Scooty-Puff Jr & SR would be cool to.

I'm not looking for someone to actually produce the decals, just help with the design.

I'll add some reference pics in a bit.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/20/17 7:53 a.m.

That's kind of like what I did for Team Mumpkin in 2015, except the parody logos were GRM inside jokes.

Edit: Pics here

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 7:57 a.m.

Like this, but with Mobile-dick or Hypno-Toad.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 8:06 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

I love that car.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/20/17 8:06 a.m.

I'm thinking the Mobil-Dick logo would look good "angularized" as a parody of the Red Bull logo. What's the current body color of the bike you're putting it on?

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 8:07 a.m.

If anyone knows of any great Futurama products that I missed, please remind me.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/20/17 8:08 a.m.

The loading screens in the PS2 Futurama game were all advertisements like these.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/20/17 8:08 a.m.

Fishy Joes!

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
1/20/17 8:10 a.m.

Make the whole bike look like a Scooty Puff Jr. Problem solved. (Oh, and if graphic artists means self-taught Photoshop guy that has average to middlin' skills? Yes, at least one here.)

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 8:16 a.m.

In reply to Jerry:

Yes.

And the 80cc pit bike is definitely getting Scooty-Puff Jr. The nasty 140cc HO pitter is getting SR.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 8:24 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: I'm thinking the Mobil-Dick logo would look good "angularized" as a parody of the Red Bull logo. What's the current body color of the bike you're putting it on?

That's what I was thinking too. The color can be pretty much anything, plastics kits are cheap.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 8:29 a.m.

Whatever I come up with for Slurm will definitely go on Kawasaki green plastics.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/20/17 8:33 a.m.

What model bikes are these? I want to get an idea of the shape of the surfaces you have to work with.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 8:37 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

I have several pit bikes. Some are Honda CRF 70 based, some are Yamaha ttr110 based. I may also have a KLX110 soon. That would be the green Slurm bike.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 9:58 a.m.

Here is a blank slate KLX 110.

This is a typical graphics kit

Burrito
Burrito Dork
1/20/17 10:22 a.m.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
1/20/17 10:23 a.m.

Bachelor Chow!

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
1/20/17 2:27 p.m.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/22/17 7:57 a.m.

Found a handy complete list of Futurama products here:

https://theinfosphere.org/List_of_products

So for the KLX110 I'm thinking (obviously) Slurm on gas tank panels, Bachelor Chow on the side panels (with or without room for numbers?), and Scooty-Puff Sr. on the tail. Trying to figure out something for the front shocks...you should use Red Minotaur somewhere, but this one already has a drink sponsor. Definitely want to use Def-Con Owl Traps and Extreme Walrus Juice somewhere

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/22/17 9:33 a.m.

How's this?

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/25/17 6:47 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: How's this?

Thanks Gameboy! That tank shroud is perfect! Actually, it has me thinking that the shroud should be a different color so the green Slurm will pop more.

I also found a place that makes custom, large sized, lenticular images, so I know what I'll be doing with the Hypno-Toad. It's not cheap, but not so expensive that I can't indulge myself a bit.

Our Preferred Partners
PdNWUBQn418LptDueY672foQAUBDtGSAKNQxq7gCvf3eED19QSOEz85EG7abkc0d