HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 7:49 a.m.

I'd like some help designing some custom MX bike graphics that mimic popular sponcer graphics like Red Bull and RockStar, but have products from Futurama instead. Think Slurm, Lowbraü, Mom's robot Co and Mobil-dick. Bachelor Chow and Scooty-Puff Jr & SR would be cool to.

I'm not looking for someone to actually produce the decals, just help with the design.

I'll add some reference pics in a bit.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/17 7:53 a.m.

That's kind of like what I did for Team Mumpkin in 2015, except the parody logos were GRM inside jokes.

Edit: Pics here

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 7:57 a.m.

Like this, but with Mobile-dick or Hypno-Toad.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 8:06 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

I love that car.

GameboyRMH
1/20/17 8:06 a.m.

I'm thinking the Mobil-Dick logo would look good "angularized" as a parody of the Red Bull logo. What's the current body color of the bike you're putting it on?

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 8:07 a.m.

If anyone knows of any great Futurama products that I missed, please remind me.

GameboyRMH
1/20/17 8:08 a.m.

The loading screens in the PS2 Futurama game were all advertisements like these.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/17 8:08 a.m.

Fishy Joes!

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
1/20/17 8:10 a.m.

Make the whole bike look like a Scooty Puff Jr. Problem solved. (Oh, and if graphic artists means self-taught Photoshop guy that has average to middlin' skills? Yes, at least one here.)

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 8:16 a.m.

In reply to Jerry:

Yes.

And the 80cc pit bike is definitely getting Scooty-Puff Jr. The nasty 140cc HO pitter is getting SR.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 8:24 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: I'm thinking the Mobil-Dick logo would look good "angularized" as a parody of the Red Bull logo. What's the current body color of the bike you're putting it on?

That's what I was thinking too. The color can be pretty much anything, plastics kits are cheap.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 8:29 a.m.

Whatever I come up with for Slurm will definitely go on Kawasaki green plastics.

GameboyRMH
1/20/17 8:33 a.m.

What model bikes are these? I want to get an idea of the shape of the surfaces you have to work with.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 8:37 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

I have several pit bikes. Some are Honda CRF 70 based, some are Yamaha ttr110 based. I may also have a KLX110 soon. That would be the green Slurm bike.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/20/17 9:58 a.m.

Here is a blank slate KLX 110.

This is a typical graphics kit

Burrito
Burrito Dork
1/20/17 10:22 a.m.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
1/20/17 10:23 a.m.

Bachelor Chow!

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
1/20/17 2:27 p.m.

GameboyRMH
1/22/17 7:57 a.m.

Found a handy complete list of Futurama products here:

https://theinfosphere.org/List_of_products

So for the KLX110 I'm thinking (obviously) Slurm on gas tank panels, Bachelor Chow on the side panels (with or without room for numbers?), and Scooty-Puff Sr. on the tail. Trying to figure out something for the front shocks...you should use Red Minotaur somewhere, but this one already has a drink sponsor. Definitely want to use Def-Con Owl Traps and Extreme Walrus Juice somewhere

GameboyRMH
1/22/17 9:33 a.m.

How's this?

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
1/25/17 6:47 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: How's this?

Thanks Gameboy! That tank shroud is perfect! Actually, it has me thinking that the shroud should be a different color so the green Slurm will pop more.

I also found a place that makes custom, large sized, lenticular images, so I know what I'll be doing with the Hypno-Toad. It's not cheap, but not so expensive that I can't indulge myself a bit.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZtoRtgRezyioHC02tpULKT0Uz6kN3VLKdmAx8cNjQFJelL9blWl3oOpA2CMOT6di