It's brutal. It's violent. It's awesome. 70 Z28

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
11/19/20 8:53 a.m.

Impossible. Trick question. 

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
11/19/20 9:04 a.m.

It's not always about how fast you can go.

Sometimes it's about how you go fast.

Trent
Trent PowerDork
11/19/20 9:08 a.m.

Since I was a little kid. The TCR

A little later in my youth the R5 Turbo. I couldn't believe it existed.

If I were to really stretch my desires so far past the point of attainability that they didn't make sense the 250 GT SWB makes me grunt unconsciously whenever I see one

Ferrari

Edit: Cannot believe I forgot the Sierra RS500 Cosworth

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/19/20 9:20 a.m.

I'm sure it would totally be a case of never meet your heroes but I've been in love with the Pantera's since I was a teen. 

Although I would absolutely take any car in this thread. Great choices. 

My more grassroots choice in that exact color. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/19/20 9:27 a.m.

I loved the 1953 Corvettes but the only color you ever see is white with a red interior!  (I was ~9 then).  Only recently did I see some at the Saratoga Auto Museum in sage green and light blue (factory), now they're almost back to my favorite.

The Delahaye still wins .....

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/20 9:29 a.m.

First love:  67 GTO convertible.  

See the source image

Second love:  Ultra-rare black/ivory first-gen NSX

See the source image

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/19/20 9:56 a.m.
Old_Town said:

So I'm not the only one.

racerdave600
racerdave600 UltraDork
11/19/20 10:01 a.m.

'39 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B

Fiat Abarth X1/9

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
11/19/20 10:56 a.m.

dropstep
dropstep UberDork
11/19/20 10:59 a.m.

34 ford in flat black. Not full on rat but dirty enough I could daily drive it with a mild 302/4speed 

czerka
czerka New Reader
11/19/20 3:50 p.m.

I love anything small and boxy from the 90s.  Major bonus points if it competed in a touring car series.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
11/19/20 4:36 p.m.

Maybe it wasn't the greatest, but it has that right amount of aggression, functionality and still classy looking.

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
11/19/20 5:01 p.m.

16 year old me thought this was the bomb.  My parents had bought a Datsun 810 and I got to drive it over to get it serviced. The dealer was a family friend and also sold Alfa Romeo, BMW and Ferrari.  One of these was in the show room, the smell of the leather interior was intoxicating.  The chief mechanic was from Switzerland and supposedly had some European racing history, he’d take off down the main road in front of the shop on a test drive and the sound was amazing.  Not a 308 but I heard him take one of the flat 12 versions (512 maybe?) out one time and the revs just didn’t stop.

Old me knows that they weren’t that fast and that my Mustang would outdo it in nearly every way but wow they are sexy looking even today  

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
11/19/20 5:06 p.m.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

You're certainly not.

Several years ago I helped my son buy a used e28 M5.  He daily drove it for a few years and sold it. I wish I'd bought it.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
11/19/20 6:13 p.m.

This car usually comes to mind first.

If I limit it to road cars, then the 2005 Ford GT.

But then again, there's a racing version of that too.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/19/20 6:30 p.m.

1966 Shelby Cobra 427 Roadster

Gary
Gary UltraDork
11/19/20 7:03 p.m.

1960, 61, 62 Aston Martin DB4GT Zagato. Not only is this my all-time favorite car in the best color, this pic is taken in my favorite location: Palm Springs, CA. (Annie and I were supposed to be in Palm Springs right now for a couple weeks but a pandemic got in the way. We hope we can make it in Feb.).

03Panther
03Panther Dork
11/19/20 7:05 p.m.

Y'all have reminded of a lot of my exotic favorites, but I don't think of them as often, since I've always known they would stay out of reach. A cobra kit car would be doable at times, but just not the same! Some 427's were still at dealers into the 70's for original prices, but WAY out of reach by the time I was able to afford more than a $200 car! The 427 is still the sexyist, but the kits have diluted its appeal -today I'd rather have the original small Ford body.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/19/20 7:10 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

Not really. When you first got into cars what was your "first love"? The one that really triggers an emotional response inside you every time you see one?

Me being a child of the 70's and 80's, I grew up with the Dukes of Hazzard and a '69 Charger will forever hold a place in my heart as my favorite car. That's not to say I ever plan to own one (because I've driven one - and they are terrible cars), but it will always be my favorite.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/19/20 7:22 p.m.

Such a hard question. My favorite cars are ones that I don't really want to own. Hell, my favorite cars that I've owned are ones that I don't want to own. 

With that said, I think I could walk outside and look at one of these every day and appreciate it. 

Gary
Gary UltraDork
11/19/20 7:29 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Yes. Very nice! That's a Mk1, and it looks better than the Mk 2 in my opinion. Except it had a narrower rear track which caused handling issues at speed. But who cares. It's a great looking car! laugh

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/19/20 7:33 p.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

Not really. When you first got into cars what was your "first love"? The one that really triggers an emotional response inside you every time you see one?

Me being a child of the 70's and 80's, I grew up with the Dukes of Hazzard and a '69 Charger will forever hold a place in my heart as my favorite car. That's not to say I ever plan to own one (because I've driven one - and they are terrible cars), but it will always be my favorite.

Cobra.   From seeing Gumball Rally.   I can still see it.  Because it's on youtube.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
11/19/20 7:42 p.m.

Austin Healey 3000

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nBSVmMwYQuvw5okKeOYvTFDhO9Lj2rSrFzQGwH5n4maH579JJ6DXoU4px7AF8YYv