poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
10/16/14 7:15 p.m.

I'm at the Best Western Gateway Grand a week early. Don't use the hot tub. Or the pool. And don't question the weird smell emanating from your pillow case.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/16/14 7:30 p.m.

Nice.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/16/14 8:10 p.m.

LOL. What the hell are you gonna do in Gainesville for a week?

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
10/16/14 8:44 p.m.
Lof8 wrote: LOL. What the hell are you gonna do in Gainesville for a week?

25-life.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
10/16/14 9:11 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Lof8 wrote: LOL. What the hell are you gonna do in Gainesville for a week?
25-life.

I am assuming what you wrote above means you are there to do 25yr olds for the rest of your life.
Gainesville is likely a good town for that and 25 is a good age choice.
Young enough that it's all still young but old enough that they have really learned how to use it.

Will there be a genuine Hong presence at this years event?

spin_out
spin_out Reader
10/17/14 6:56 a.m.

Is it any cleaner this year?
Last year the stairway carpet looked like a barroom floor, and there were pubes in the towels. Lovely.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
10/17/14 9:16 a.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: Will there be a genuine Hong presence at this years event?

This.

We are bringing a noob this year. Please tell me that Hongs will be in attendance.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
10/17/14 12:42 p.m.

Dunno if Les is going. Sure hope so. I'm playin a show tomorrow night.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
10/17/14 1:42 p.m.

I remember hearing of Les building a LS-powered Pinto or something, but that was back in January. That dude is a riot. He better be there.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/17/14 11:39 p.m.

Yepper I hope Les is coming, I hear Joe is?

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
10/18/14 12:58 a.m.

Eat at Leo's on University for me. Thick slice of pepperoni well done with a quarter dozen on the side. I've had that duo probably 100 times in my life. Not the best in the world but it gets the job done.

Or, get some fries from Gyro Plus a few blocks east on the same side of the street. They now have the best fries in town by default since Stubbie's closed last month.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
10/18/14 6:15 a.m.

is the Purple Porpoise on 13th still open … showing my age now .. I loved that place in '81

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
10/18/14 10:04 a.m.

Les is coming. I can't always follow his thought process when he's drinking so I'm not sure if he's bringing a car or not.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
10/18/14 10:14 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: don't question the weird smell emanating from your pillow case.

I used to travel a lot for work - I used to bring a spare t-shirt and lay it over the top of the pillow for this exact reason.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
10/18/14 7:14 p.m.

In reply to Mitchell:

Opted for some berkeleying bawler ass Boar & Mushroom Ragou...and mussels...and Oysters Rock...and Jai Alai on tap from the muthaberkeleyin TOP. But good lookin out.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/19/14 3:20 p.m.
wbjones wrote: is the Purple Porpoise on 13th still open … showing my age now .. I loved that place in '81

I was there from '04 - '09. The only things left of the Purple Porpoise at that time were stories and legends.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/19/14 9:34 p.m.
Lof8 wrote:
wbjones wrote: is the Purple Porpoise on 13th still open … showing my age now .. I loved that place in '81
I was there from '04 - '09. The only things left of the Purple Porpoise at that time were stories and legends.

It's Gator City now, or should say Gator City sports pub is now where the porpoise used to be. Interesting little place called Balls next door. That's a bar that should be right up Poopy's alley. (Actually it's not a bad little dive bar, don't be an idot and actually make friends with the older guys behind the bar and it's not a bad place to go. I have no clue who owns it now after the previous owner passed away. But I used to enjoy working next door to those guys. Never had a drunk I could handle by giving a yell out my back door for some help. It's amazing what happens when you keep the local bouncers fed well)

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
10/20/14 12:14 a.m.

I actually had to bounce a dude from the spot we played at last night. Lawlz.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6FnNoEGXnHQR1eu3GBT8ZK7FsIEVzVyOY6UQWpzDyKAzWY3t1QTtTM7H8G3chNQl