1 2
NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
12/10/18 11:22 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

any updates?

Still waiting :/ 

My adjuster went on vacation for a few days. She is back Wednesday. 

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
12/13/18 2:32 p.m.

... and the verdict is... Totaled. 

After numerous conversations with Geico and transversing multiple levels of leadership the truck has been totaled. FMV was evaluated at $41,900 + tax. I think this number is slightly soft, but I wanted to move on with life. 

After paying off my note i will put about $6000 in my pocket toward a new truck. I lost $8-9k this year in depreciation, but this was the best possible outcome. 

At the end of it all the argument that made this possible was the future safety of the truck. There was no way Geico could guarantee the safety of the components and sub components after the accident. 

/end 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
12/13/18 2:49 p.m.

congrats! 

What next? Raptor? Taco Pro? Gladiator?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
12/13/18 2:54 p.m.

GLADIATOR???!!!!

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
12/13/18 3:09 p.m.

Looking now at a used F250 king ranch diesel.

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
12/14/18 5:53 a.m.
NordicSaab said:

Looking now at a used F250 king ranch diesel.

Glad to hear it worked out well for you. 

Word of caution on the Powerstroke diesel.  It's not a matter of if it'll lunch its' fuel pump and send metal shavings all throughout the system, it's just a matter of when.  It's about a $12,000 repair bill and Ford will refuse to warranty it.  I have seen it literally hundreds of times over the past 10 years or so.  No joke, 98% of the time when we get a "bad gas" insurance claim my first question is "Is it a Ford Powerstoke?" and the answer is always yes....  Typically happens in the 60-80k mile range.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
12/14/18 6:00 a.m.

In reply to Klayfish :

Is this on the 6.7 Powerstroke?  

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
12/14/18 7:11 a.m.

In reply to NordicSaab :

Yes.  The older 6.4L as well.  Maybe smart money to budget replacing the fuel pump right away.  I can't tell you how many dealers I've seen try to find ways to get insurance to cover it.  I do feel bad for the dealer in these cases, because they're stuck between a rock and a hard place.  They have a very angry customer.  Ford refuses to warranty it, and it's not covered under insurance if it's just simple mechanical failure.  Hence, the claims of "bad gas".

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
12/14/18 9:21 a.m.

Did some research and found this: https://www.accuratediesel.com/6-7l-powerstroke-disaster-prevention-kit.html

... seems like cheap insurance to this problem.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GptpAhfnV84pdAcXsPhfv2xTPPNXySKD8SkLwHm25G0ZUmIhVgTXd2B1NTR96qrI