1 2 3 4
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/21/17 12:28 p.m.

Last fall my sister-in-law celebrated her 50th with a big party. The theme: the '80s. So most people did the expected--lots of neon, leg warmers, big hair, shoulder pads, etc. I was just looking for a photo of something else and came across this one.

My nephew and I didn't do neon but we definitely captured part of the decade. (You can't see them, but I'm also wearing my reissue Vans high-tops--same shoes I'm wearing today.)

He grew the mullet just for that occasion. The next morning it was all gone.

So, anyone else want to share?

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/17 12:47 p.m.

I do my best to avoid lenses. However one of you guys took this last year and it's by far the only picture of me ever taken that i like.

photo AWN_0419_zpsnvpyas8f.jpg

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/17 12:57 p.m.

I also avoid lenses, and you can't see me too well in this pic, but I am driving up a hill at full power with only the rear wheels on the ground, so that's pretty awesome:

Burrito
Burrito Dork
6/21/17 1:07 p.m.

My mom thinks I'm awesome.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/17 1:10 p.m.

In reply to Burrito:

Would not expect anything less

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/17 1:11 p.m.

I used to own a really light motorcycle.

photo Montesa007_zpsaf32533d.jpg

Getting high. Climbing the ladder is no big deal when you have a building to look at through the rungs, but it's a little freaky when you're staring out into the nothingness. It also takes longer than you might think. Not to mention the fact that we were right next to the airport and the National Guard base and were constantly getting buzzed by jets.

photo Fire Academy 4_zpsakd2s53k.jpg

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
6/21/17 1:46 p.m.

No. The camera hates me.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/21/17 1:52 p.m.

One of the only digital images of me riding BMX. Sadly, my heyday came pre-cell cameras, so most pics are in a shoebox in my basement.

my first time driving a Corvette...notice the big toothy grin. What you dont hear is me giggling like a schoolgirl because Im putting the happy pedal way down while entering an empty stretch of freeway

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
6/21/17 1:55 p.m.

This is me deciding what to tell Kevin to do.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
6/21/17 2:16 p.m.

Been almost 50 years since this was taken. My first car after my first race and I'm on a track that used the roads on an old nike missile site. When I bought it the car had torsion bar suspension, rack & pinion steering, Clinton engine, DIRECT DRIVE, and a fan belt pulley on the rear axle with a piece of fan belt wrapped around it that would tighten when the brake pedal was applied to slow the car. Stopping required shutting off the engine. First upgrades were a centrifugal clutch and a disc brake.

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/scan%20pics/Scan_Pic0001.jpg.html][/URL]

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
6/21/17 2:40 p.m.

This is the best I could come up with on short notice:

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
6/21/17 3:01 p.m.

This past fall I was assigned to work the Petite LeMans with our friend and HSR partner Sara Councilor. As it turns out, Sara had just picked up her new (and incredibly adorable) puppy Lolly. As luck would have it, directly across vendor's row from us was a group of (incredibly adorable) models working for IMSA. Sarah saw me eyeing the lovely young ladies and asked "You wanna borrow my puppy?"

Fate doesn't smile upon me all that often. On that special day it did......so I introduced the adorable puppy to the equally adorable girls.

For those of you wondering why I wasn't able to make the entire $2016 Challenge---- now you know why! I was hard at work!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/21/17 3:17 p.m.

I'm pretty partial to this one:

But it doesn't show my best side, so here ya go - pit lane at the Monster Mile:

Brian
Brian MegaDork
6/21/17 3:29 p.m.

Like a sniper and guns, I only want to be on one side of a camera.

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera HalfDork
6/21/17 4:27 p.m.

Here's a picture of me and my future wife in college. I made the helmet and used to wear it while riding around town on my motorcycle and driving my MG Midget with the top down. The cops pulled me over many, many times.

paul
paul HalfDork
6/21/17 5:02 p.m.

lrrs
lrrs Reader
6/21/17 5:05 p.m.

Not my favorite pic, but its still a good one. 6th overall, first in class. 2 hour ASRA Team Challenge endurance, entered as a solo rider, GT Lights.

Paid for it with a broken clavicle, with 8 minutes to go.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
6/21/17 5:10 p.m.

The only thing awesome about this picture is the I was able to reassemble the bike thanks to Not A TA sending me free bicycle parts!

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
6/21/17 6:39 p.m.

One of my favorites from the 6000 mile road trip from last summer.

And from the Badlands

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/17 7:00 p.m.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
6/21/17 7:18 p.m.

No recent pictures with my head exposed, this is the best I can do.

lrrs
lrrs Reader
6/21/17 7:20 p.m.
Pete Gossett wrote:

That should be the paint scheme for the c4.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/21/17 7:26 p.m.

I'll play. Most recent, almost a month ago.

I tend to avoid cameras, they steal your soul, you know?

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/17 7:35 p.m.

In reply to lrrs:

Hah! I like that idea!

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls PowerDork
6/21/17 9:04 p.m.

photo FB_IMG_1451515093376_zpsjrakh6zm.jpg

Embarrassing myself at Burritos wedding

photo FB_IMG_1451515212889_zpsaysutvtr.jpg

And me and the missus on a date