1 2 3 4
RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/23/17 10:55 p.m.

I knew if I took the time to look I could find something a little more awesome. If you look closely, you'll notice that's one just landed, me reeling in, and another rod going off at the same time. This is how days of fishing are supposed to go.

August of 2005.

Jeff
Jeff SuperDork
6/23/17 11:06 p.m.

At Le Mans last week.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi PowerDork
6/24/17 7:43 a.m.

During a stop in metropolis, I was surprised to find this as I usually take pictures and stay out of them.

photo 9EAB03FF-A53D-4F50-B0A6-38FCDD50F121_zpsfeinzuth.jpg

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/25/17 9:43 a.m.

I recently read that Guy Martin didn't get his knee down for his first year of racing. This is my fifth track day, so I'm not feeling too bad. Credit to 360 photography; I check their site incessantly after a track day so I can purchase proof that someone can make even me flirt with looking kinda cool...

On an outing from Maui with the future Mrs Ransom: The crewmember who was taking this photo with a number of couples said "We've never had the dude kiss the whale before", to which we replied "We're from Portland..." As an aside, we did our day outing snorkeling thing with a group called Trilogy, and they were awesome. Looking forward to going back for our honeymoon!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/25/17 3:23 p.m.

At the finish of the 2015 Marine Corps Marathon

And on the 2017 Bike MS ride with my kid last weekend

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
6/27/17 9:41 a.m.

Just a nice selfie during my cousins wedding.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
6/27/17 11:31 a.m.

GRtech inspired me.
Here is a really awesome photo to me...

This is a photo taken of a framed picture that hangs in my house.
The small picture is a very classic photo of my parents before they married. This would have been post WW2 before 1948. The actual location is unsure. Along with some professional engagements photos we had taken, my wife and I recreated the shot as best we could. We also presented my mother with a framed version like you see here.

This was done almost exactly 14 years ago. My hair is no longer that dark (but I still have a ton of it.)
More of the story: my father passed away when I was 6. My mother never remarried. He was the love of her life.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
6/27/17 11:34 a.m.

This one's more of an awesome picture of my son, but I'll take it. Photo credit to my awesome wife.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/27/17 12:00 p.m.
RevRico wrote: I knew if I took the time to look I could find something a little more awesome. If you look closely, you'll notice that's one just landed, me reeling in, and another rod going off at the same time. This is how days of fishing are supposed to go. August of 2005.

Erie?

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/28/17 12:39 p.m.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
6/28/17 12:46 p.m.

In reply to curtis73:

That's a lot of look.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/28/17 12:55 p.m.

In reply to mtn:

Yes sir. Bomber charters out of Presque isle. Every year from 1980-2009 my dad went out on that boat with that captain in the summer for walleye, and fall for steelhead. I started going along around 99 I think.

He/we never got skunked on a trip, and I haven't had a better charter captain anywhere else I've been.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/28/17 1:25 p.m.
cmcgregor wrote: In reply to curtis73: That's a lot of look.

In body language, I say a mouthful.

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
6/28/17 2:29 p.m.

Not that many exist of me fortunately. Here I am in my old ITA car.

This is also a few years ago.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/28/17 2:34 p.m.
jfryjfry wrote:

/thread

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/28/17 2:34 p.m.

Suiting up for my turn at the first ChumpCar race ever and the only 24-hour race held at Portland International Raceway (the neighbors killed it pretty quickly).

A few years, and pounds later, after taking a spin in a new Jaguar at the Portland Historics:

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/28/17 2:53 p.m.

My wife jokes that I look like I am punching myself in the face. LOL

slefain
slefain PowerDork
6/28/17 2:53 p.m.

Probably this screen grab of me interviewing Brian Johnson:

He kept calling me "laddie".

Burrito
Burrito Dork
7/22/17 12:24 p.m.

As promised, here is the full newborn Burrito photoshoot. It was exactly as ridiculous as I expected it to be.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/22/17 12:59 p.m.

In reply to Burrito:

That is the greatest thing I have seen.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
7/22/17 1:02 p.m.

In reply to Burrito:

That needs to be made into a gif

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork