dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/17/18 7:13 a.m.

And it was FUN!!!!!  Wife has been asking me to do this for a long time so I said you find the lessons and I will go. She did and off I went.  

Started with the basic foxtrot. Forget about trying to time it to music. Just getting the step down takes a little bit of thaught. There are some things you have to un learn. But it was lots of fun. We laughed at our mistakes and celebrated our victory’s ( like making it around the dance floor two times in a row). 

It is a work out but not overly so.  I had lots of fun and we are now set up with lessons for the next ten weeks. 

So to all you guys and gals out there if your significant other asked you to take dancing lessons with them you may be surprised to find out that you actually like it.  

Kylini
Kylini Dork
9/17/18 7:32 a.m.

I can definitely confirm. If you're into something a bit more showy and somehow "slightly more casual" than ballroom, check out East Coast Swing (or Lindyhop). The downside, it's pretty strongly rooted in its six count moves which might hurt your brain if you think of music in fours. It also works best to syncopated music for the triple-steps.

Personally, I want a dance that is waaaaaay more relaxed. West Coast Swing is suuuuuuper smooth but still has that structural foundation but if you want a dance with hardly any rules and nothing but good times, learn Blues.

Don49
Don49 Dork
9/17/18 4:38 p.m.

Just started dancing with my lady. Definitely fun and scores big points with her! There are a number of dance clubs in my area with free lessons.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
To85ZBwp7tGR1EIsdtAIS2bCx0r0mLVv2TiVPwac83wj78CkuFPGqxrlkavv1gcu