1 2 3 4
EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/18/08 12:07 p.m.

Aw, thanks for nominating "Miss Turbo" I'll have to tell her she almost had a band named after her.

Band names:
Zombies at the Race Track
Peaches & Diesel
Five Cat Jive

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/18/08 12:52 p.m.
Salanis wrote: My friends joked about forming a Goth parody Boy-Band: N*Shroud

I can imagine a group of dark lethargic kids playing catchy pop tunes but not moving on stage at all with the singer performing love songs and ballads ranging from soft mumbles to angry yells.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/18/08 1:26 p.m.
John Brown wrote:
Salanis wrote: My friends joked about forming a Goth parody Boy-Band: N*Shroud
I can imagine a group of dark lethargic kids playing catchy pop tunes but not moving on stage at all with the singer performing love songs and ballads ranging from soft mumbles to angry yells.

I just figured we'd create ourselves as a parody of the roles in your normal Boy-Band quintet:

• The wild child
  • The heart throb
  • The effeminate (ambiguously gay) one
  • The bad boy
  • The quiet reserved and vaguely mysterious one

Edit: on the note of ambiguously gay boy-band members, I was amazed when Lance Bass announced that he was coming out of the closet... I figured everyone realized he was gay. Hell, when I fist saw a pic of N*Sync, I was wondering what Ellen Degeneres was doing in a boy band.

wawazat
wawazat None
9/18/08 1:31 p.m.
Wowak wrote: Jesus Chrysler - Supercar

A twist on that one was a friends favorite.

Vincent Price Superstar

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/18/08 1:38 p.m.
Salanis wrote: I just figured we'd create ourselves as a parody of the roles in your normal Boy-Band quintet: * The wild child * The heart throb * The effeminate (ambiguously gay) one * The bad boy * The quiet reserved and vaguely mysterious one

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/18/08 1:39 p.m.

BWAHAHAHAHA! Who are those guys?

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/18/08 1:47 p.m.

They're called "The Horrors".

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
9/18/08 1:50 p.m.
Tim Baxter wrote:
Salanis wrote: I just figured we'd create ourselves as a parody of the roles in your normal Boy-Band quintet: * The wild child * The heart throb * The effeminate (ambiguously gay) one * The bad boy * The quiet reserved and vaguely mysterious one

Bad example, because they're all the ambiguously gay one!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/18/08 1:52 p.m.

No, no, you're not thinking in goth kid terms. Only the one with the purse is ambiguously gay by goth kid standards.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/18/08 1:59 p.m.

Holy crap. Another picture of those guys and they completely fit the roles I laid out. From left to right:

Quiet one; Effeminate/Ambiguously Gay; Bad Boy; Heart-throb; Wild Child

Although the the Quiet -- Effeminate ones ...and... Bad Boy -- Wild Child might be able to be flipped.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
9/18/08 2:20 p.m.

Quote from some show I saw recently:

"Yeah, I'd try the 'guyliner' thing if wasn't so worried about it smearing from the tears the first time someone called me 'faggot.'"

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/18/08 3:17 p.m.

In goth you're not gay or even close to it even if you're wearing girl pants. I repeat...cross dressing is not gay in those social circles.

I don't get it either.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/18/08 3:29 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: In goth you're not gay or even close to it even if you're wearing girl pants. I repeat...cross dressing is not gay in those social circles.

Yeah... but that guy's bowl cut has got to be.

Although the one bit of punk style I don't understand is the whole wearing pants that are too small for you.

As for goths and skirts... I did wear a skirt (well, it was a kilt, and I am Scottish) to the concert that spawned the only Swingin' goth-polka mosh floor.

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
9/18/08 3:33 p.m.

what inspires a person to do that to themselves?

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/18/08 4:22 p.m.

They want to be different like all their friends.

mel_horn
mel_horn HalfDork
9/18/08 4:39 p.m.

Doug and the Slugs

Mel and the Mel-tones

Hung Jury

Bearded Clams

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/18/08 4:56 p.m.
mel_horn wrote: Hung Jury

Been done on Arrested Development.

William Hung and his Hung Jury on...

Mock trial with Judge Reinhold / Mock trial with Judge Reinhold / Mock trial with Judge Reinhold / Mock Trial! / Mock Trial!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/18/08 7:01 p.m.
Vincent Price Superstar

WINNER!

or Goddamn Liberals

orphancars
orphancars New Reader
9/18/08 7:41 p.m.

A few from my college days.............

Starvation Army

Death on a Stick

Enormous Richard

orphancars
orphancars New Reader
9/18/08 8:35 p.m.

......and one I just thought of now:

Carpe Carne

jrw1621
jrw1621 Reader
9/18/08 8:45 p.m.

Enormous Richard reminds me the popular boat name; Dixie Wrecked.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
9/18/08 10:02 p.m.
Salanis wrote: Holy crap. Another picture of those guys and they completely fit the roles I laid out. From left to right: Quiet one; Effeminate/Ambiguously Gay; Bad Boy; Heart-throb; Wild Child Although the the Quiet -- Effeminate ones ...and... Bad Boy -- Wild Child might be able to be flipped.

Oh Lord, that is so upsetting. A watered down version of what the Cure looked like in '86. So lame. One of them (Wild Child) (shudder w/ douchechills) needs big high top sneakers like Robert Smith wore during that era.

I don't even dare to see what the music is like. I can tell that I'm now officially too old because I can't even stomach the whole hipster look thing. Thankfully, I'm too old for skinny jeans to even be an option.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/19/08 1:51 a.m.

The Turgid Turnips

Buster Hymen and the Penetrators (was used for a high school talentless show when I was a kid)

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/19/08 10:23 a.m.

I think enormous richard is supposed to be...the opposite of little richard.

though, your way is funnier.

Duke
Duke Dork
9/19/08 11:07 a.m.
Wally wrote: The Turgid Turnips

How could I forget? 4 out of 5 of my college housemates played an instrument, and during our beer-fueled neighbor-annoying jam sessions, we always referred to ourselves as The Turgid Members.

We always figured our first album would be called Negative Pressure Flux as in "Envelope my turgid member in a negative pressure flux!"

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
amdFXNUqMmxcOp4iSpF0KImCx6tX7AWaClmvKcBMapXhOz2G7mMaaLTSt7HbaVLu