mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/17/18 12:57 a.m.

Just found out tonight, Friend of mine was killed riding his motorcycle out in West Virginia. He pulled out to pass a car and got hit by one going the other way. His daughter, who was riding behind him, got to witness the whole thing. 15 years ago she lost her mother to Cancer, now she lost her dad to an accident. Take it easy, go slow, and get home.

cdowd
cdowd Dork
6/17/18 6:49 a.m.

Wow that is tough.  RIP

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
6/17/18 7:18 a.m.

In reply to mad_machine :

Very sorry to hear about your friend. My heart goes out to his daughter. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/18 10:54 p.m.

Unfortunately, I have discovered that his death was more gruesome and preventable than I knew. His daughter was driving the car and he was supposed to be following her on his KTM. Of course he got impatient, as he did, and passed her and the cars infront of her. Halfway down the line, a tractor Trailer came into view. From the fact that he impacted on the passenger side, we can only guess he knew he could not get back into the lane and opted for the ditch/shoulder. No doubt so did the driver of the semi. If either had been paying less attention, he might be alive today. Probably beaten up with a totaled bike, but alive

pres589
pres589 PowerDork
6/18/18 11:03 p.m.

Jesus.  Sympathies to everyone involved.  That's awful.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/19/18 6:23 a.m.

:(

it’s so easy to get caught up in the moment. Take a second and breathe. Don’t be dumb. 

I’m so sorry for his daughter and other loved ones. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/19/18 8:38 a.m.

I can not even imagine.  

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
6/19/18 8:54 a.m.

Wow. Condolences. What an awful situation.

I've said it before about bicycle commuting but it's true for many things - patience isn't just a good idea, it's a survival skill. 

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/19/18 9:38 a.m.
ultraclyde said:

Wow. Condolences. What an awful situation.

I've said it before about bicycle commuting but it's true for many things - patience isn't just a good idea, it's a survival skill. 

Patience is my mantra.  Especially while driving.  I say it to myself all the time.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JsqOua255QI4qx0O3YrPGn3ivtxwr8jIpozjkPvceArp6VyEBM1IYcMpNJUrBW0o