captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/28/18 2:11 p.m.

And don't wait on doing the things you want or make excuses for not taking the trip or going on the adventure you desire. 

Today's been a rough one, and I'm not ready to talk about it. But the inevitable (not my health, but some of you know what others in my family are facing) is occurring. I'm numb, cold, helpless and in shock. Feelings that I never feel. 

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
9/28/18 2:18 p.m.

It's the numbness that gets me, you are in my thoughts Cap'n.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/28/18 2:34 p.m.

We are here for you when you need us. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/28/18 3:04 p.m.

A good reminder to us all. Our thoughts are with you, and you know we'll be here if you want to talk.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
9/28/18 4:55 p.m.

Good vibes your way Cap'n

wawazat
wawazat Reader
9/28/18 5:21 p.m.

Good advice and thanks for the reminder.  It's hard sometimes to remember.  Take care of you and yours.

I have been talking about the Hot Rod Power Tour with my Dad and Uncle since I got my Cougar.  I wasn't able to get the car ready last winter and now I'm not sure my Uncle's going to make it until next summer.    

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
9/28/18 6:17 p.m.

My dad would ask me to drive him to Big Rapids, Michigan to see his cousins and I was going to when I had an open weekend.  

Never made it - shame on me. 

wawazat
wawazat Reader
9/28/18 8:48 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

My dad would ask me to drive him to Big Rapids, Michigan to see his cousins and I was going to when I had an open weekend.  

Never made it - shame on me. 

Big Rapids?  My wife is from Big Rapids and we met at Ferris State University. Her mother and step father are both from Big Rapids and live down the street from us. Tonight they had a friend down from Big Rapids as well. Small world and I bet there are some common connections   our families could make. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/18 8:52 p.m.

Be strong, my friend.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
9/28/18 9:44 p.m.

In reply to wawazat :

Theresa Fry - my dad’s cousin.  They have a farm.  Lucy and Rocco DeVivo was grandparents.   Doris Kilgore Karas is my cousin.  

My dad spent a lot of time in the summer on farms there in the late 1930’s and 1940’s.  He was always drawn to the area.  Aldo family near Paw Paw. 

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/29/18 11:24 a.m.

Sound advice.  And anything you need man, i'm here.

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
9/29/18 7:51 p.m.

Stay strong Captain and keep "talking" to us, if it helps!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zSZyRD1RKyIxFmNVo7mJvAII49q8DCW4RnrIPDHi7yE0egs9a4HAA5U2m1EFKkUR