1 2
Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/9/08 1:48 p.m.

Oh the horror...

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//080707/480/bd6b417553134baface1a644c6af3970/

You found something Miatas aren't good for!

MiatarPowar
MiatarPowar Reader
7/9/08 1:55 p.m.

Horry hell.

That makes me want to fix the e-brake in mine. Hasn't worked for years.

EDIT: $1 to the first GRMer to locate the owner and offer to buy it.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/9/08 1:56 p.m.

looks like a candidate for spec pinata

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
7/9/08 2:17 p.m.

At least it was fresh water.

Maybe she was trying to build a artifical reef.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
7/9/08 2:20 p.m.

I told my detailer I wanted that "wet look" but this is ridiculous!

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
7/9/08 2:24 p.m.

God! It says right there on the dash: "This car is NOT to be used as a flotation device!"

You know; I'd consider leaving it down there. It looks really neat below water: get a scuba tank and have mini diving adventures right there in the back yard. Besides, I'd like to go over and see it down there (I live 5 miles from that town).

skruffy
skruffy Dork
7/9/08 2:45 p.m.

dibs!

/Watches craigslist for slightly wet miatae

minimac
minimac Dork
7/9/08 2:54 p.m.

" Honey, what's our Miata doing in the neighbors pool?" "The backstroke?"

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/9/08 3:26 p.m.

JDM pool y0

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/9/08 3:27 p.m.

Someone needs to use a model of a Miata for an aquarium ornament now.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/9/08 3:29 p.m.

"I TOLD you we should have bought that cute red Amphicar I wanted. But nooooo... you just HAD to get me a Miata.'

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/9/08 3:30 p.m.

"The engine was getting too hot. I figured water-to-water was better for heat transfer."

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/9/08 4:08 p.m.
Salanis wrote: Someone needs to use a model of a Miata for an aquarium ornament now.

I am on it, I have to clean Orcas tank anyway.

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
7/9/08 7:36 p.m.
John Brown wrote:
Salanis wrote: Someone needs to use a model of a Miata for an aquarium ornament now.
I am on it, I have to clean Orcas tank anyway.

You, uh, need to take pictures of that.

mpolans
mpolans New Reader
7/9/08 11:38 p.m.

Wow, you don't see too many women driving Miatas. I've probably seen less than a dozen ever.

nickel_dime
nickel_dime HalfDork
7/10/08 5:28 a.m.

So, does a Miata shake it's self like a dog when it gets out of a pool?

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/10/08 7:12 a.m.

If it doesn't have a FM Butterfly Brace it does!

i am here all day folks, try the veal.

Nomad
Nomad New Reader
7/10/08 11:25 a.m.

I'd buy it the next day. Did you notice there was no oil leaks? Everything is freshly cleaned too.

First thing I would have done after the shock wore off and I stopped laughing, was get an underwater camera from wallyworld and take some cool "driving" shots. I mean, how many times would you be able to get pics like that?

Hood up, wrenches in hand, confused look on face "why won't it start?"

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
7/10/08 11:32 a.m.

wow, it took me 5 minets to stop laughing

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
7/10/08 1:09 p.m.

Refurbishing waterlogged Miata = Thousands.

Pool cleaning team to remove oil film = Hundreds

Seeing pix of your pool/car on the internet = Priceless

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
7/10/08 2:12 p.m.

a similar thing happened to a friend of mine. her dad came home and forgot to set the parking brake, and forgot to put it in gear. so he runs inside, and about a minute later they walk back out just in time to see it barrelling down the hill behind their house. their yard behind the house was a downhill slope of about 15-20 degrees for about 50 yards to the breakwater. they said there weren't any tire tracks for 20-30 feet from the water, it also clipped a jon boat that was leaning against a post and launched it out into the lake along with the truck.

they ended up having it pulled out of the lake with a tow truck, and parked it in the garage with all the windows and doors open for a few days while they pulled the entire interior out and changed all the fluids. after they put it back together, it ran fine, and i think they kept it for another 2 or so years

GeneralHavoc
GeneralHavoc New Reader
7/10/08 2:19 p.m.

I did the same to my integra... Only, it jumped a couple retaining walls on the way downhill and landed butt first in a creek / ravine. Took two tow trucks and some strategy to get that out... Got a great picture of the top half sticking out of the creek from behind a retaining wall out of it. Also, two mismatched bumpers!

Nomad
Nomad New Reader
7/10/08 3:28 p.m.

My dad left the P-brake off his jeep cherokee. It rolled down the yard and "stopped" in the side of the neighbor's house. There was an old refrigerator outside of the house that absorbed much of the impact. (yep, west virginia)

Not much damage luckily, just one surprised neighbor, one surprised Jeep owner and one pissed off Copperhead snake resulted.

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
7/10/08 3:52 p.m.

Reminds me of Top Gear when they tried to kill the Toyota pickup. The thing got sucked out to sea and they found it later. A can of WD-40 and two hours later, it ran fine.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4xtt2rtsvGHJgiEUBonVer7cFFFfMcZgFu2Je3Ldna9joOxQhZRRKjdTHbzB9FxI