1 2
integraguy
integraguy Reader
12/5/08 10:54 a.m.

You don't see "spinners" on vehicles, all that much (thank God) but yesterday I saw a fairly new 3 series stopped at an intersection with those monstrosities. You almost wish there was some kind of recognized hand gesture that would tell these folks just how bad their sense of style is.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut HalfDork
12/5/08 11:33 a.m.
integraguy wrote: You almost wish there was some kind of recognized hand gesture that would tell these folks just how bad their sense of style is.

He said facetiously...

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/5/08 11:37 a.m.
integraguy wrote: You don't see "spinners" on vehicles, all that much (thank God)

wait..

Where do you live, cause here in the durty souf.. they are not uncommon. I will not say common, well unless you went down to the Rent N Roll. yeah thats right.. rent to own rims..

or

the Colortyme rent to own rims..

yes.. 2 rent to ow rims places within 10-15 minutes drive..

one day, I'll tell you about what happens when they get repo'd at work.

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
12/5/08 11:46 a.m.

oooh, tell me now! tell me now!

captainzib
captainzib Reader
12/5/08 11:47 a.m.

Oh man, let today be that day. This should be a fun story.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/5/08 11:50 a.m.

Except that... that person probably isn't rich. You don't get rich by blowing $2000 on useless rims.

Hehehe... I just made money because people are stupid about wheels. I sold a set of stock Acura rims to a guy whose girlfriend put 17"s on her Integra and then complained about the ride, and cost and difficulty of finding tires.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/5/08 2:21 p.m.
Salanis wrote: Except that... that person probably isn't rich. You don't get rich by blowing $2000 on useless rims. Hehehe... I just made money because people are stupid about wheels. I sold a set of stock Acura rims to a guy whose girlfriend put 17"s on her Integra and then complained about the ride, and cost and difficulty of finding tires.

Funny, my girlfriend loves the 17" wheels... it's my wife that hates them!

Cotton
Cotton Reader
12/5/08 3:08 p.m.
ignorant wrote:
integraguy wrote: You don't see "spinners" on vehicles, all that much (thank God)
wait.. Where do you live, cause here in the durty souf.. they are not uncommon. I will not say common, well unless you went down to the Rent N Roll. yeah thats right.. rent to own rims.. or the Colortyme rent to own rims.. yes.. 2 rent to ow rims places within 10-15 minutes drive.. one day, I'll tell you about what happens when they get repo'd at work.

hahahaahah Rent and Roll!!!!1 I saw one of those today. Right down the street was a place advertising auto paint jobs for 159.99.

benzbaron
benzbaron New Reader
12/5/08 3:17 p.m.

I saw a set in Florida that must have cost twice what the guys car cost. Got me to crack up though, how funny!

amaff
amaff HalfDork
12/5/08 3:20 p.m.

I've got a friend of a friend that works @ Rent & Roll. I've GOT to hear this story. The few that I've heard are awesome every time.

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
12/5/08 3:43 p.m.

What's worse are those spinner wheel covers. The next town over to mine is the definition of "ghetto" and you see these cheap-ass abominations a lot, especially on minivans and rusty late 80s-early 90s Hondas. Usually with one or two missing.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow Reader
12/5/08 3:48 p.m.

awww I thought this thread was going to be about 7 series BMWs...

Capt Slow
Capt Slow Reader
12/5/08 3:50 p.m.

Back on topic sorta

I scored a free set of Enki RPF-1 from my brother in law because my sister thought they made her Lexus look too ghetto...

integraguy
integraguy Reader
12/5/08 4:25 p.m.

There are a few "rent-a-rim" places here, too. I wish there weren't, then I wouldn't see so many otherwise nice late '70s to mid '90s cars (of all kinds) riding around on "20s".

Nothing looks stupider than a car jacked up so high it looks like it should be a lifted 4WD vehicle.

bamalama
bamalama New Reader
12/5/08 4:53 p.m.
integraguy wrote: Nothing looks stupider than a car jacked up so high it looks like it should be a lifted 4WD vehicle.

Except said car after the 22's have been repo'd. A 2 foot lift while you're rolling on 14's is freakin' sad.

Appleseed
Appleseed New Reader
12/5/08 7:43 p.m.

As long as the spinnin' hub caps are done in good taste - as a sick joke, I think they're fine.

924guy
924guy HalfDork
12/6/08 6:26 a.m.
bamalama wrote:
integraguy wrote: Nothing looks stupider than a car jacked up so high it looks like it should be a lifted 4WD vehicle.
Except said car after the 22's have been repo'd. A 2 foot lift while you're rolling on 14's is freakin' sad.

so thats what happened! i saw a caprice the other day like that, all jacked up, but riding on steel stock wheels..it was a head scratcher, bet he had his 22's repo'd....

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
12/6/08 6:48 a.m.

I walked into one of those places to get directions one time. The guy in front of me was paying his WEEKLY rent. It was $180 per week!

That's $780 per month! Or $9360 per year!

Incredible!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
12/6/08 7:00 a.m.
SVreX wrote: I walked into one of those places to get directions one time. The guy in front of me was paying his WEEKLY rent. It was $180 per week! That's $780 per month! Or $9360 per year! Incredible!

Uh huh, yeah, just went in for directions, we believe you. Suuuurre.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/6/08 8:21 a.m.

$180 a week? Holy crap.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
12/6/08 8:45 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: As long as the spinnin' hub caps are done in good taste - as a sick joke, I think they're fine.

like sticking them on someones car who you dont like?

Chebbie_SB
Chebbie_SB HalfDork
12/6/08 8:48 a.m.

I second the vote, Let's hear the Repo story !!!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/6/08 8:55 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote:
SVreX wrote: I walked into one of those places to get directions one time. The guy in front of me was paying his WEEKLY rent. It was $180 per week! That's $780 per month! Or $9360 per year! Incredible!
Uh huh, yeah, just went in for directions, we believe you. Suuuurre.

Directions for having the biggest, baddest hoops on the block that is.

Appleseed
Appleseed New Reader
12/6/08 11:07 p.m.
neon4891 wrote:
Appleseed wrote: As long as the spinnin' hub caps are done in good taste - as a sick joke, I think they're fine.
like sticking them on someones car who you dont like?

No, like Grandma's Corolla.

She bought one of those cheesy pot metal license plate holders from Wall-Mart. My brothers and I railed her mercilessly for it. So we thought of putting a 5 in exhaust tip and spinnin' caps on the 'Rolla. Yup - Boomin' Granny. (ala Beastie Boys)

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
12/6/08 11:33 p.m.

^^I was going to do that to my fiance's old Saturn, except I would never get laid again if i did

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qz0EE5PCRm1oCgwLJh2UWfkwtWpQGyLLIV2AFvg1SpMGGOT8nOKF0UYS83wU5sk5