1 2 3
Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
6/22/17 7:07 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote: I've been thinking about this all day and am drawing a complete blank.
You got to meet me, and got a beer! That's gotta be worth a few bucks.

Hey! There you go! Best money ever spent

Johnboyjjb
Johnboyjjb Reader
6/22/17 8:52 p.m.

Darn Tough Socks. Years of use for $12 a pair. Send them in for replacement when they wear out. Which is almost never.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
6/22/17 9:01 p.m.
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote:
mndsm wrote:
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote: I've been thinking about this all day and am drawing a complete blank.

Doesn't have to be the killer real estate/stockoffering/breastaugmentation.....maybe just the best BBQ'd sliced beef sangwich yu ever ate.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
6/22/17 9:10 p.m.
759NRNG wrote:
mndsm wrote:
Doesn't have to be the killer real estate/stockoffering/breastaugmentation.....maybe just the best BBQ'd sliced beef sangwich yu ever ate.

Well it was a pretty decent beer but he paid for it so I'll have to think of something else now...

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
6/22/17 9:19 p.m.
NOHOME wrote: The talk around the table that summer was a shop or a Lotus Elise. With hindsight, I have no doubt that I made the right choice.

You have a serious floating slab there. I built my own garage at my first house - I did all the concrete except for the finishing - I paid a guy $100 in 1987 money.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot HalfDork
6/22/17 9:37 p.m.

No one has mentioned hookers & blow yet. Slow night I guess

Mitchell
Mitchell UberDork
6/22/17 9:51 p.m.

Undergrad tuition (cash, out of pocket). Income grew 3x 1yr after graduation.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
6/22/17 9:58 p.m.
M2Pilot wrote: No one has mentioned hookers & blow yet. Slow night I guess

yu just did ...scoreboard!!!

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
6/22/17 10:14 p.m.

Ticket to my first ever drag race. Jet cars were running that night at Miami Hollywood Dragstrip. Little did I know my life would be forever changed.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
6/23/17 8:23 a.m.

$250 hobie cat with trailer, Duck hunting license for Carrie, she loved it and became my favorite hunting buddy

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
6/23/17 8:29 a.m.
M2Pilot wrote: No one has mentioned hookers & blow yet. Slow night I guess

That was some GOOD money spent, but not the best....

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
6/23/17 8:29 a.m.

A good riding mower. I always had junk that barely worked before. Knowing its going to start and the wife is willing to use it makes life so much better.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot HalfDork
6/23/17 8:53 a.m.

BMWCCA Foundation raffle ticket.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
6/23/17 9:30 a.m.
gearheadmb wrote: A good riding mower. I always had junk that barely worked before. Knowing its going to start and the wife is willing to use it makes life so much better.

Fist bump bro...

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/23/17 1:02 p.m.

Staying in college another two semesters to tack on that M.S. as part of a 5-year BS/MS program. No GRE, double-count some courses from undergrad with proper planning, done in one extra year. From what my co-workers are saying, it's darn near impossible to go back to school after working for a few years and letting life happen. The jump in starting salary paid for it after my first year of working.

Devilsolsi
Devilsolsi Reader
6/23/17 2:23 p.m.

My house. Bought a little over 5 years ago with the intention of updating everything and moving to something nicer. When we finally sell later this year we will have way more in equity than I could have ever saved.

Dremel. Aside from maybe a hammer, the Dremel is one of the most useful tools I have purchased.

Honeymoon in Italy. I was really nervous about spending the money to do almost 2 weeks in Italy. I had never been to Europe or been on a trip that long. It was amazing. We have so many great memories that will last a lifetime.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
6/23/17 2:38 p.m.

Vasectomy

Wedding/engagement rings.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/23/17 3:02 p.m.

The last few years has been concerts with my dad.

Rush, Black Sabbath, Dream Theater, Deftones, Gojira, Mastodon

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
6/23/17 7:12 p.m.

Okay y'all I've been holding back....the WoodMax6600 backhoe for my JD4410 saved me a TON of $$$$$ when I redid my septic field lines....yes the labor was all mine but still.......some never get out of the sandbox

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/23/17 7:16 p.m.
759NRNG wrote:
mndsm wrote:
Well it was a pretty decent beer but he paid for it so I'll have to think of something else now...

Yeah, but I know how much it cost you to walk in the door of that place. The beer was the least I could do.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
6/23/17 7:26 p.m.

In reply to mndsm: So............iffen I have a wild a$$ hare and wanna goto Sebring say around Mar 17thish next year you might know where one could slake one's thirst???

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aSSuWzhAxJsTcoU4ThDg2UX6QHkxdsOrNXjFYVO6RraO5IZYZzkRodEixL0OiCJk