1 2 3 4
novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
2/17/16 3:23 a.m.

I'm not saying it is..

How has this thread gone this long without one of these being posted?

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/17/16 5:57 a.m.
BoostedBrandon wrote: In reply to Knurled: I hope you're joking..

CUT!

Your line is "Surely you can't be serious!"

And... action!

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/17/16 5:59 a.m.
Knurled wrote:
BoostedBrandon wrote: In reply to Knurled: I hope you're joking..
CUT! Your line is "Shirley , you can't be serious!" And... action!
edizzle89
edizzle89 HalfDork
2/17/16 7:28 a.m.

I dont know if bigfoot is real or not, but I do know a friend from college that was from a small town in Missouri. There was a 90 degree corner in town that was surrounded by woods. Every now and again him or one of his friends would put on a gorilla costume and hide behind a tree on the corner. when a car would come they would slowly walk out from behind the tree just as the car turned so they would only be in the headlights for a second.

it ended up in the local newspaper for how many people called in bigfoot sightings.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
2/17/16 7:38 a.m.

I need science. I need a live animal, a dead animal, or parts of either. I need a picture of him/her, not blurry, holding today's newspaper while my grandma checks their driver's license. Maybe a nice steak dinner and a couple of drinks, ya know break the ice. Maybe go out for some calypso dancing afterwards.

Scottah
Scottah Dork
2/17/16 7:55 a.m.

I really wish I could find the documentary on the digitally remastered and steadied Patterson-Gimlin footage. You've all seen the original footage.

They basically said that the technology for the movements of a suit at that time (60s) didn't exist. The scale of the figure would have also made it physically impossible for someone to fit in the suit. It's really compelling, but still. There's no proof. No real evidence.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/17/16 8:11 a.m.

If there is I can't blame him for working so hard to avoid people.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/17/16 8:18 a.m.
MCarp22 wrote:

Pretty much this. There's no way a whole species of bigfoot could elude us for this long, especially with how common cameras are now. If you think you saw one, you saw a dude in a suit. Maybe a Serious Business hunter or militia nutjob in a gillie suit, or just a ballsy prankster in an ape suit doing it for the lulz.

Also the vast majority of UFOs are fairly easily identifiable as human technology - I've even seen a rare, but clearly human-built RC zeppelin on a news report identified as a UFO.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UberDork
2/17/16 8:59 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

I see it pretty much the same way as you. I do think it's possible that an unknown large land animal could still exist, but surely not in North America. A dead body, road kill or fossil would have turned up by now, let alone the truthful linked image about everyone walking around with a camera today.

UFOs crack me up, just because it's unidentified doesn't mean it's other worldly. And even to this day there is no shortage of clandestine experimental aviation going on.

Now when I was in California back in the nineties, I did see some rather large hairy hippies, possibly shoe-less, walking around in some small villages not to far from Lake Tahoe......

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
2/17/16 9:30 a.m.

I root for bigfoot. I think it is very unlikely that it exists, but I'd like it to. If it does exist, I hope they keep up the good work of remaining mostly undetected by humans.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/17/16 9:38 a.m.

Could there be some species of furry humanoid we haven't found yet? Sure. In the wilds of inner Mongolia or something. Is he hiding out in Alaska? Likely not. And if there is, it's certainly not "bigfoot" as the legends all describe.

Now Kraken, that mofo is real. There is WAAAAYYY too much ocean, and we don't have cameras in there, and they pull up some billion-year-old extinct monster fish like every year. I'd totally buy that Cthulhu, Godzilla, and Kraken are all down there waiting for us to nuke ourselves. (Disclaimer - Deep oean monsters only, Nessie is obviously a hoax)

And as for the monster truck, really, I'm disappointed in you guys. There is only 1 true Bigfoot.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
2/17/16 9:58 a.m.

I know one thing for certain. If there is a Bigfoot, it won't get caught (or captured on film) by the asshats on the "Finding Bigfoot" TV show. That show is the most ridiculous crap I think I've ever seen.

I love Les Stroud--- but yeah.....he kinda jumped the shark when he teamed up with the hoax master.

Considering the enormous areas of wilderness still surviving in the U.S and Canada, I think there is a chance that something like Bigfoot is out there. Not likely, but possible. Also, it's worthwhile to realize that folks camping in the backwoods aren't glued to their phones / devices like us city dwellers. They aren't taking selfies with nature. Most are enjoying being away from technology. (besides possibly a GPS) So, if they run across a Bigfoot--- it's not like they already have their phone in their hands.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/17/16 10:32 a.m.

This stabilized version of the famous video takes a lot of the wind out the argument for its validity:

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/17/16 10:42 a.m.

I love watching those shows.

"The eastern Kentuckahoma area is one of the squtchiest places for squatches to go and squatch their squatch. While it doesn't get as much squatch hunting as the paOHMY GAWD guys look over here--see this twig? It is possible that it could have falled from a tree. OR--ORRR--a squatch could have put it here."

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
2/17/16 11:01 a.m.
petegossett wrote: I generally look at topics like Bigfoot with quite a bit of skepticism...however, I saw something one morning on the way to work about 8-years ago that I've never been able to explain. I've chronicled it here in the past, but here it is again. You guys will appreciate it for the GRM-ness as much as anything. It was the winter of '07-'08, but before we actually had any snow...so probably early December-ish. I was working in Indiana at that time, and had a 50-mile one-way commute(plus the time zone difference). I was driving the Miata then(no snow/no salt yet), and running a bit late that day, which put it around 5am Central time - well before dawn. My entire drive was rural county roads and highways, and about 4 miles from home was a left turn. It is slightly greater than 90*, and has a turn median coming from the other direction. It's all flat, and the crops were out of the field, so it's pretty easy/common to cut the corner and take the short/wrong way around the median. It's rare to see another car there at almost any time of day or night. As I was setting up for the turn, I caught the silhouette of something just past the apex on the inside. My first thought was a deer, but at that point I was already committed to the turn, so my only option was to take it wider than planned. That put me into the marbles between the two lanes, causing me to oversteer. This whole time I'm looking over my left shoulder expecting to see a deer come darting toward/away from me at any moment. As the car continued to oversteer, I began to pick out the silhouette again. It was shorter than I realized, only about 3' or 4' tall(although it could have been standing in the ditch, which would have placed it closer to 6' or 7'), almost completely figureless/colorless...and then as my headlights swept around to it, I saw the red glowing eyes looking at me. I wouldn't ever say I'm a brave man, but I wasn't the least bit scared...until then. I saw no motion from it (whatever it was) - remember, I'm sliding sideways at about 40mph at this point - and it didn't bolt and run, or so much as move. At that moment, two thoughts crossed my mind almost simultaneously: 1.) Oh yeah, I'd better catch the ass-end of this car. And 2.) I think it's time to GTFO and get my ass to work ASAP!!! I still don't have a clue what I saw. This was a corner I drove daily for 5-years, and one I've been familiar with my whole life. I stopped on the way home that day and saw no trace of whatever had been there that morning. Was it an otherwise easily identifiable animal in poor lighting? Was it something Bigfoot-esque?? Did the grim reaper want to check out my mad-tyte driving skills??? I have no clue, but eh, whatever...

The Grim....we've all known about the magical world for a while now, but this guy will probably come knocking on your door next.....

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
2/17/16 11:08 a.m.

Mysterious creatures are still out there. Just last night I was walking my dog--- not 2 miles from the GRM offices. I saw something strange run quickly across the street in front of me. (maybe 50 yards away) It was dark, so I couldn't make it out clearly, but it looked almost like a huge raccoon, with it's back hunched. This thing was maybe 3-4 feet long, and it's back was hunched like a ferret when its being playful.

I later realized it was a large river otter---- which we have down here in FL. It took a while to realize it though......as you don't see them every day. It was kinda cool, and spooky to not recognize an animal right off the bat. It wasn't until I later saw footage of one that it became clear.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Dork
2/17/16 11:22 a.m.
aircooled wrote: This stabilized version of the famous video takes a lot of the wind out the argument for its validity:

How do you mean?

I'm agnostic on this topic, but what's always struck me about that clip, which never seems to get mentioned, is that the creature clearly has breasts. It's seems very unlikely to me, that some dudes in the 70s creating a sasquatch hoax would think to put breasts on their furry suit.

Jane Goodall is a believer, btw.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
2/17/16 11:36 a.m.

Some people believe some dude walked on water, turned water into wine, and came back from the dead. Then some people believe there is tall ape that is really hard to get a picture of or even to find a dead one.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/17/16 11:39 a.m.
JamesMcD wrote: How do you mean? I'm agnostic on this topic, but what's always struck me about that clip, which never seems to get mentioned, is that the creature clearly has breasts. It's seems very unlikely to me, that some dudes in the 70s creating a sasquatch hoax would think to put breasts on their furry suit. Jane Goodall is a believer, btw.

I never noticed that bigfoot was a stacked lady until you pointed it out.

However if you're making a big furry suit, putting breasts on it is a small amount of work in the grand scheme of things, and would make your suit less like a typical ape suit which is good for credibility. It also means you don't have to fabricate an artificial bigfoot dong

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/17/16 11:48 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: It's true. Bigfoot is naturally blurry.

One of my wife's dearest dreams is to be able to make herself go out of focus at will. I kid you not.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb HalfDork
2/17/16 11:53 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: It also means you don't have to fabricate an artificial bigfoot dong.

Quoted just so that we can all take a minute and appreciate this one sentence. Thank you Gameboy.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/17/16 12:05 p.m.
JamesMcD wrote: ....How do you mean?...

Just that it walks a lot like what a guy in a suit would walk like and not really animalistic at all. Of course maybe that's just how squatches roll

It would be interesting to create a suit and try and recreate it to see how it compares.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
2/17/16 12:07 p.m.

Oh it's real... I took this last spring.

IMG_9987 copy by Leadfoot Lesley, on Flickr

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/17/16 12:07 p.m.

Hoopla:

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5449127692.html

I'm listed my project. It's a 1987 Ford F-250 factory Bigfoot cruiser edition. Only about 600 made. Of those many were stripped in a recall. Not many left. Factory 460. These are rare. It was my dream to fix it up. But you need to be young and motivated. Unfortunately I am neither and I found one that needs less work and bought it. THE ENGINE IS OUT. It ran great but the rear main seal was shot. I replaced it and while the engine is out I was going to freshen it up and paint it, the engine compartment etc. It is complete otherwise. Frame is good. Has the normal rot over the wheels. ROLLBAR NOT INCLUDED AND GONE. this is a special truck that needs to be put back together. Clean CT title. Extra parts. $2500obo. I'll sell it for less if I you don't want the rear window or tires/wheels. I would really like to see this put back together. They are rare. If you really are interested let's talk and make something happen. If time permits and it doesn't sell I'm going to get it running.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/17/16 12:15 p.m.
Knurled wrote: In reply to 1988RedT2: Worst. Rum. Ever. The bottle is cool looking though.

I like it. Better than some of the other "dark" offerings. Captai. Morgan ftl.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Jf6i0YeJNB1azaJp8xbwAycod2AG1lE5cATkf5ua4FLHIOlkCnakaSODvAi94F2c