1 2 3 4
The Hoff
The Hoff UltraDork
2/17/16 12:17 p.m.
Duke wrote:
Appleseed wrote: It's true. Bigfoot is naturally blurry.
One of my wife's dearest dreams is to be able to make herself go out of focus at will. I kid you not.

Just like The Flash

drainoil
drainoil Reader
2/17/16 12:22 p.m.
Javelin wrote: And as for the monster truck, really, I'm disappointed in you guys. There is only 1 true Bigfoot.

X2

Scottah
Scottah Dork
2/17/16 12:24 p.m.
JamesMcD wrote:
aircooled wrote: This stabilized version of the famous video takes a lot of the wind out the argument for its validity:
How do you mean? I'm agnostic on this topic, but what's always struck me about that clip, which never seems to get mentioned, is that the creature clearly has breasts. It's seems very unlikely to me, that some dudes in the 70s creating a sasquatch hoax would think to put breasts on their furry suit. Jane Goodall is a believer, btw.

I'm still trying to find that documentary I found on YouTube about this clip. They do mention that this could indeed be Mrs. Bigfoot. It's definitely the most well done example. They really try to stick with the facts and leave the crazy stuff out. Seems you have to be as matter of fact as possible when discussing this topic, as demonstrated by the majority of the responses in this thread.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
2/17/16 12:28 p.m.

I know one other thing...the hoax suit might be lulzy in mn...but there is no way id try that south of the mason dixon. I like not being fulk of holes.

Scottah
Scottah Dork
2/17/16 12:33 p.m.

Found the documentary on YouTube. It's in 4 parts. Give it a watch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OR7KvDVZkz8

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
2/17/16 12:43 p.m.

Bigfoot is real..

he lives in a cabin out in the woods with Steve Austin- not the wrestler, the 6 million dollar man.

extra plus bonus points to anyone that gets this reference without looking it up..

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
2/17/16 12:46 p.m.

They shaved him once. They didn't tell Sampson that Bigfoot was a dude.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
2/17/16 12:52 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: Bigfoot is real.. he lives in a cabin out in the woods with Steve Austin- not the wrestler, the 6 million dollar man. extra plus bonus points to anyone that gets this reference without looking it up..

I had both action figures on rip cord motor bikes. Also the full size 6M Man, but that was different.

Anyone read or hear of the Missing 411 series as it relates to Bigfoot?

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
2/17/16 1:16 p.m.
Javelin wrote: And as for the monster truck, really, I'm disappointed in you guys. There is only 1 true Bigfoot.

Sadly, I'm old enough to remember when it was created, and to have seen the original one doing its thing.

Then again, I'm lucky I'm old enough to have seen it!

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/17/16 1:43 p.m.

A friend of mine has a coworker that has property he is setting up as a bunker for WW3, various apocalypses,ect. No one is supposed to know where it is but I had to deliver some containers out there years ago. We've since found out he's got motion activated game cameras to keep tabs on trespassers. So far he's been visited by Bigfoot, the abominable snow man, and some Simpsons characters have committed a brutal murder near the bunker.

jimbbski
jimbbski Dork
2/17/16 2:20 p.m.

I don't really care if they exist or not but since I lean towards non-existence I wish they would put those "Finding Bigfoot" programs on the F/X channel and not Animal Planet. And don't get me started on all those "tree house & pool" shows they put on there either. It should be all animals all the time.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
2/17/16 2:22 p.m.

In reply to jimbbski:

Can we go back to learning things on TLC/History/Discovery?

drainoil
drainoil Reader
2/17/16 2:37 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: Bigfoot is real.. he lives in a cabin out in the woods with Steve Austin- not the wrestler, the 6 million dollar man. extra plus bonus points to anyone that gets this reference without looking it up..

Andre the Giant! I also remember a very attractive Stephanie Powers in this as well. Sasquatch was sent from that outer space traveling group which resulted in the violent encounter in the woods. That scene scared the crap outta me when I saw it as a child.

The Venus space probe episodes also were disturbing.....

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/17/16 2:45 p.m.
mtn wrote: I love watching those shows. "The eastern Kentuckahoma area is one of the squtchiest places for squatches to go and squatch their squatch. While it doesn't get as much squatch hunting as the paOHMY GAWD guys look over here--see this twig? It is possible that it could have falled from a tree. OR--ORRR--a squatch could have put it here."

Am I the only one who is reading that to myself if the voices of Jimbo and Ned from South Park?

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/17/16 2:59 p.m.

To his credit, Stroud has basically admitted that the payday was too good to pass up, and that he wanted to do something more fun and less serious than his usual survival schtick.

Goonie goo goo

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/17/16 3:02 p.m.
drainoil wrote:
Andre the Giant! I also remember a very attractive Stephanie Powers in this as well. Sasquatch was sent from that outer space traveling group which resulted in the violent encounter in the woods. That scene scared the crap outta me when I saw it as a child. The Venus space probe episodes also were disturbing.....

Bigfoot's big moment was in the mid-70s, let's face it.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
2/17/16 3:12 p.m.
Furious_E wrote:
mtn wrote: I love watching those shows. "The eastern Kentuckahoma area is one of the squtchiest places for squatches to go and squatch their squatch. While it doesn't get as much squatch hunting as the paOHMY GAWD guys look over here--see this twig? It is possible that it could have falled from a tree. OR--ORRR--a squatch could have put it here."
Am I the only one who is reading that to myself if the voices of Jimbo and Ned from South Park?

Sounds more like an episode of Rick and Morty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71-NJ_FY88

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
2/17/16 3:44 p.m.

Troof. Even done a TV commercial.

scardeal
scardeal Dork
2/17/16 4:08 p.m.

I have my son to thank for this. Monster Truck

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
2/17/16 4:47 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

I did not need to see that.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
2/17/16 5:07 p.m.

Bigfoot is real. My Uncle Gus married her. He tried convincing the family that she was Puerto Rican, but my dad figured it out. Uncle Gus shaved her and taught her to speak.

Interesting Bigfoot facts:

Bigfoots are incredible fishermen. Dad took my cousins fishing with us, once. They didn't even need rod & reel; they just stuck their faces in the water for a couple minutes, and each came up with a fish in their mouths.

Because of their big feet, Bigfoots can't walk a flight of steps. It was an annual thing, to watch Aunt Bunny fall down the stairs, at our Summer BBQ party. They can climb the berk outta trees, though!

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
2/17/16 10:12 p.m.

If they are real, there have to be breeding populations and deaths. Where are the bodies or boneyards? What about bits of hair stuck on bushes for DNA analysis, like can be done with bears? Sorry, not a believer.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
2/18/16 6:06 a.m.
petegossett wrote: I generally look at topics like Bigfoot with quite a bit of skepticism...however, I saw something one morning on the way to work about 8-years ago that I've never been able to explain. I've chronicled it here in the past, but here it is again. You guys will appreciate it for the GRM-ness as much as anything. It was the winter of '07-'08, but before we actually had any snow...so probably early December-ish. I was working in Indiana at that time, and had a 50-mile one-way commute(plus the time zone difference). I was driving the Miata then(no snow/no salt yet), and running a bit late that day, which put it around 5am Central time - well before dawn. My entire drive was rural county roads and highways, and about 4 miles from home was a left turn. It is slightly greater than 90*, and has a turn median coming from the other direction. It's all flat, and the crops were out of the field, so it's pretty easy/common to cut the corner and take the short/wrong way around the median. It's rare to see another car there at almost any time of day or night. As I was setting up for the turn, I caught the silhouette of something just past the apex on the inside. My first thought was a deer, but at that point I was already committed to the turn, so my only option was to take it wider than planned. That put me into the marbles between the two lanes, causing me to oversteer. This whole time I'm looking over my left shoulder expecting to see a deer come darting toward/away from me at any moment. As the car continued to oversteer, I began to pick out the silhouette again. It was shorter than I realized, only about 3' or 4' tall(although it could have been standing in the ditch, which would have placed it closer to 6' or 7'), almost completely figureless/colorless...and then as my headlights swept around to it, I saw the red glowing eyes looking at me. I wouldn't ever say I'm a brave man, but I wasn't the least bit scared...until then. I saw no motion from it (whatever it was) - remember, I'm sliding sideways at about 40mph at this point - and it didn't bolt and run, or so much as move. At that moment, two thoughts crossed my mind almost simultaneously: 1.) Oh yeah, I'd better catch the ass-end of this car. And 2.) I think it's time to GTFO and get my ass to work ASAP!!! I still don't have a clue what I saw. This was a corner I drove daily for 5-years, and one I've been familiar with my whole life. I stopped on the way home that day and saw no trace of whatever had been there that morning. Was it an otherwise easily identifiable animal in poor lighting? Was it something Bigfoot-esque?? Did the grim reaper want to check out my mad-tyte driving skills??? I have no clue, but eh, whatever...

3-4' tall, red eyes, no fear? Dude!! You say a Tuscan Raider!!!

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
2/18/16 7:46 a.m.
Woody wrote: Hoopla: http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5449127692.html I'm listed my project. It's a 1987 Ford F-250 factory Bigfoot cruiser edition. Only about 600 made. Of those many were stripped in a recall. Not many left. Factory 460. These are rare. It was my dream to fix it up. But you need to be young and motivated. Unfortunately I am neither and I found one that needs less work and bought it. THE ENGINE IS OUT. It ran great but the rear main seal was shot. I replaced it and while the engine is out I was going to freshen it up and paint it, the engine compartment etc. It is complete otherwise. Frame is good. Has the normal rot over the wheels. ROLLBAR NOT INCLUDED AND GONE. this is a special truck that needs to be put back together. Clean CT title. Extra parts. $2500obo. I'll sell it for less if I you don't want the rear window or tires/wheels. I would really like to see this put back together. They are rare. If you really are interested let's talk and make something happen. If time permits and it doesn't sell I'm going to get it running.

these actually are pretty rare. The rear window he's talking about is a power roll down window where the entire solid glass drops down into the rear cab wall. The windows never worked real well but they are sought after by the guys bro-building the OSB powerstrokes. Pretty unique item.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/18/16 9:03 a.m.
RealMiniParker wrote: Bigfoot is real. My Uncle Gus married her. He tried convincing the family that she was Puerto Rican, but my dad figured it out. Uncle Gus shaved her and taught her to speak. Interesting Bigfoot facts: Bigfoots are incredible fishermen. Dad took my cousins fishing with us, once. They didn't even need rod & reel; they just stuck their faces in the water for a couple minutes, and each came up with a fish in their mouths. Because of their big feet, Bigfoots can't walk a flight of steps. It was an annual thing, to watch Aunt Bunny fall down the stairs, at our Summer BBQ party. They can climb the berk outta trees, though!

Kids these days have no idea how funny Eddie Murphy once was.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lOX3US7yoYETSao3OEuWkFHIrgXhNNVL8isnu5ofycc7eKHcs3yV02D6dA7NfggK