Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
5/14/15 5:37 a.m.

160cc of pure manual push lawn cutting power. He couldn't wait for it to get fired up. but in all seriousness. added oil & gas, engine had fired up halfway through the first pull.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/15 7:48 a.m.

I hate my Honda-powered push mower. I mean I must, I abuse it, I don't take care of it, I don't clean it, I don't maintain it. But it starts first pull every spring regardless. Stupid mower.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/15 8:01 a.m.

we just got one too.. I was amazed by the first time it started, half way through the first pull, without needing to rip my arm out of the socket pulling it as fast and hard as I could.

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/14/15 8:14 a.m.

I thought this would have kart, ruckus or grohm content, but this works as well. I'd like to have Honda everything in my garage, with the exception of automobile (and bike, not that I'd complain about a Honda bike though, I enjoyed CBR ownership in the late 90s)

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/14/15 8:22 a.m.

Just bought a used Honda HRX self-propelled mower last week. Is it wrong for a man to love a piece of lawn equipment? Cause I do.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/14/15 8:34 a.m.

I've got a Honda-powered Husqy that runs and runs and runs and runs. They really do have the small-engine world buttoned down.

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/14/15 8:35 a.m.

unrelated side note, I wait for Telsa to start making lawn equipment. I'm not even kidding, Telsa mowers, trimmers/edgers, weedwackers etc.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/14/15 10:28 a.m.

Dang. That's only 34 less CCs than my motorcycle.

trucke
trucke HalfDork
5/14/15 10:29 a.m.

Honda powered lawn equipment is the bomb. My 2003 Honda powered Hustler Fastrak will run forever.

What is this 'pull' thing you speak of?

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/14/15 10:36 a.m.

My uncle borrowed and broke my dads Honda power washer. No idea how he did it, but he did. So he's looking to replace it and my dad has one rule: Must be powered by Honda.

"Hey, they have these Briggs and Strat--"
"No."
"But what about this one?"
"Sure, as long as the engine was made by Honda"

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
5/14/15 10:40 a.m.

Many years ago I had a friend with a lawn care business. He would go through about 3 to 4 push mowers per season, it didn't matter what brand. Until he bought a Honda. The first one last 4 years of constant abuse. After that, it was everything Honda. Although his initial expense went up, the overall costs were way down.

I currently have a Honda pressure washer, and it always fires up on the first try.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/14/15 10:40 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: Dang. That's only 34 less CCs than my motorcycle.

And it's 35 more CCs than my Honda motorcycle.

Bearded.Bird
Bearded.Bird Reader
5/14/15 10:47 a.m.

Idk how they do it, but my dad has owned his self-propelled honda mower for ~10 years and only changed the oil maybe twice. Still runs and pulls like a champ. Starts first try.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/15 12:35 p.m.

We have lots of power equipment here at the firehouse. Some stuff gets used everyday and some gets used once a year. Some work better than others. The Honda stuff always starts.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/14/15 12:43 p.m.

Mine has been giving me trouble. I suspect I just got a bad one. I have a four-year-old Honda powered Troy-Bilt push mower. I've had it worked on a few times. At present, it seems to be having some problem with the throttle. I think the mechanism responsible for regulating the throttle seems to have gone. It's a little hard to start, and once started, will swing the throttle back and forth around the correct setting. It's happier mowing tougher grass. In the thin patches, it's wondering around the light end of the throttle.

From what I understand, the fix involves splitting the case. I don't know that I have the will, considering it was around $180 to start with, and I've already put $150 in repairs across prior seasons.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
5/14/15 1:35 p.m.

I have yet to acquire any H powered lawn equipment, but my Briggs powered Husqavarnas are nearing 10 years so...

EvanR
EvanR Dork
5/14/15 2:04 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Dang. That's only 34 less CCs than my motorcycle.

Dang. That's 88cc MORE than my Honda motorcycle :)

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
5/14/15 2:12 p.m.

That's 111cc more than the only Honda I own.

mad_machine
5/14/15 2:42 p.m.
drummerfromdefleopard wrote: unrelated side note, I wait for Telsa to start making lawn equipment. I'm not even kidding, Telsa mowers, trimmers/edgers, weedwackers etc.

are the Dewalt stuff any good?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/14/15 3:12 p.m.

DeWalt makes cars?

edizzle89
edizzle89 HalfDork
5/14/15 3:37 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: DeWalt makes cars?

yea they make a bunch of different cars:

they all have terrible road manners though, I can hardly get mine out of my driveway with just me on it

The0retical
The0retical Dork
5/14/15 4:15 p.m.
drummerfromdefleopard wrote: unrelated side note, I wait for Telsa to start making lawn equipment. I'm not even kidding, Telsa mowers, trimmers/edgers, weedwackers etc.

Every now and I again I get to thinking I would really like to buy the Greenworks battery powered mower so I don't have to listen to the damn thing, change the oil, or deal with the gas. Then the mower starts up on the first pull and I remember I'm too cheap to toss something that still works.

mad_machine
5/14/15 7:29 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: DeWalt makes cars?

no, dewalt makes lawn equipment now.. 40v battery operated stuff.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/14/15 8:05 p.m.

That thing blows.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JKIfopvkcuLqZySrSnXC4yCfNjkqPpEZIk047Ywm2HFm7dyBA9ZaqIBIsBkdTSOq