mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/18 4:18 p.m.

I have been sitting on this and it's parts for over a year, letting it collect dust in my basement. With current boat projects out of the way, it was time to clean up and install.

The Disco Brush guard is really a rare beast, I don't think they installed many and I am certain even less survived all this time. It really changes the look of the truck. I still need to clean up and install the headlight grills that go with it.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
10/18/18 4:38 p.m.

Noice!  Theres a guy  local to me that drives a white one with blacked out trim all kitted up tastefully in factory looking bars and racks. Makes a good looking truck!

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
10/18/18 4:43 p.m.

Back in my 4x4 days, I always wanted one of those for my truck.

Of course... then I bought my '95 Cummins which had one and I removed it to make the engine easier to work on and reduce the massive length of the beast by 6"...

I still like them, tho... 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
10/18/18 6:20 p.m.

Badass! I want one!

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/18/18 8:53 p.m.

I have one for the 323, and no, I'm not kidding 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/18/18 10:02 p.m.

Can't be legit. Not enough LED bars blinding me.

mad_machine
10/18/18 11:45 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Can't be legit. Not enough LED bars blinding me.

I am actually thinking of a pair of Hella Comet 200 LED spots on either side of the license plate. I am not too keen on blocking airflow to the grill.

amerson
amerson New Reader
10/19/18 1:58 a.m.

Looks great and it adds protection for the front-end.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
10/21/18 3:19 p.m.

I happened to notice this for sale at a garage about a mile down the road from me.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/21/18 5:36 p.m.

Buy it. It has the light bar I requested.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
10/21/18 5:45 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

With two Triumphs and a MINI, I have enough British pain in my life.

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
10/21/18 6:26 p.m.

We had one similar to that black in our shop for six months getting all the bugs worked out until recently. Liked the way it looked, just don't know that I want one as bad anymore. frown

mad_machine
10/22/18 9:11 a.m.
Ian F said:

I happened to notice this for sale at a garage about a mile down the road from me.

this one has the headlight protection on. I still need to strip and repaint mine before I can install them

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1jd3gBzA7MWWcTe3yppSJeo1MX6Yz7WBFe9r8qYFCDyLswXs0x3PNAuPy1QAam92