pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
10/20/17 2:00 p.m.

If you want a homemade type boat these would get the job done

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
10/21/17 9:06 a.m.
ultraclyde said:

Tubes suck for anything but lying flat on your back and staring at the clouds as the river takes you wherever it damn well pleases. Granted, that's often the goal of a float. Fishing from one would look a lot like swimming after you hooked it the first time.

A lot of the rental places are rotating out stock right now on 'yaks and canoes, and I know there are plenty of them up there. You might give some of them a call, although they often show up on CL. I have no experience with any models to offer though.

Yeah. That's other thing. We've been out there a dozen times, and I've yet to see another person on the creek. There are plenty of obstacles; mainly fallen tress. Most can be manuevered around in a kayak, but not in a float. I'm thinking small, manueverable, lightweight, with room for (at least) a sixpack, and *preferably* rod-holder & dry storage, though those are not "must haves."

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
10/23/17 2:00 p.m.
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/17 6:51 p.m.

I have an inflatable kayak, it was around $200 new. It's probably not the sturdiest thing but it works OK and has survived many ocean paddling sessions.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mLkWGrpVoPLCiIHKHnbbuEoyKztpPCiNLorkkKLHgeYnHP2pohNSQFhjWM1W6YU3