1 2 3 4
Ojala
Ojala GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/20/16 11:11 a.m.

We found a stash of old handheld and car mounted radar guns at work. So of course we started playing with them seeing how fast we could run, throw a baseball, etc...

UNTIL my partner says "aren't those the guns that we retired cause it gave guys cancer?"

What a buzzkill, ever have one of those guys at work that injects a little common sense into some ill advised fun?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/16 11:28 a.m.

Haha those aren't going to give you cancer...you'd feel the effects if those transmitters were strong enough to be remotely dangerous.

I remember hearing of a guy whose dad told stories of warming himself up by standing directly in front of a land-based military aircraft radar system...afterwards, no cancer and kids came out normal.

Ojala
10/20/16 11:39 a.m.

Well crap we have dozens of these things. Strangely enough we have huge piles of vehicle shotgun and rifle racks. We don't know what to do with any of this stuff.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/20/16 11:41 a.m.

I mean, if you guys are trying to make room, a shotgun rack and radar gun would be AWESOME accessories for my P71...

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
10/20/16 11:43 a.m.

I'd like a radar gun, you know for the autocross club....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/20/16 11:57 a.m.

Don't you have to crotch a radar gun for years to get nut cancer?

Ojala
10/20/16 11:58 a.m.

I'll grab a few then. We are finding all kinds of crazy stuff that we are moving into our "new" building (which is an old fire hall) like a key cutter, a huge industrial floor mount pressure washer, floor lifts, and etc.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/20/16 12:00 p.m.

I want a radar gun.....lol

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
10/20/16 12:20 p.m.

It's just a microwave generator, don't shoot people at point blank range and you're more than good.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
10/20/16 12:31 p.m.
RevRico wrote: I mean, if you guys are trying to make room, a shotgun rack and radar gun would be AWESOME accessories for my P71...

ditto, I'd take some too (no P71...yet)

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
10/20/16 12:39 p.m.

I might be down for a couple shotgun racks if you can legally sell them.

Ojala
Ojala GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/20/16 12:56 p.m.

Before people get too excited none of these things are lightweight. The racks are large and made of heavy duty steel to mount in cars with no center console and a prisoner cage. The radar guns are made to take a serious beating and they weigh like it, so shipping would not be cheap.

EDIT: just to make it clear, I dont want money for these things. Maybe buy me a beer someday if we meet. The radars are about 5 pounds and you can do a google search for handheld radar guns if you want to get an idea of the dimensions. The gun racks are about 3 ft long, about 15 pounds, and are electronic lock only without a manual key lock. I really dont want to fool around with shipping the racks anywhere but if there is someone local to DFW that wants to check one out then just pm me and we can figure it out.

java230
java230 Dork
10/20/16 1:07 p.m.

Im interested in a rifle rack....

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/20/16 1:31 p.m.

That length would make things frustrating with shipping on the racks. I'd still be interested in a radar gun though, for the autocross club if that wouldn't be a problem.

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/20/16 1:48 p.m.

I would gladly cover shipping on a radar gun.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
10/20/16 1:56 p.m.

In reply to Ojala:

There is a nut down here that has been bugging my wife's company to put stickers, unit numbers and lights on his personal P71. (She works for cap fleet, they probably upfit your all of your vehicle's) And even with two officers standing there telling him it's illegal he still wants it done and has came in three times this week to try and get it done. I'd be careful who gets this stuff. Some nutjob impersonator may use it to pull people over.

Sorry to b be a buzzkill.

Ojala
10/20/16 2:11 p.m.

In reply to Nick (Bo) Comstock:

The racks are pretty useless now that I look at them. They are made for a specific model of cage in the old bubble caprices and won't even fit the crown Vic's without cutting the rack apart.

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
10/20/16 2:17 p.m.

in for a radar gun! need to find out the 3 wheelers top speed for... science

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
10/20/16 2:23 p.m.

I don't really want any of that stuff except to do something stupid with a radar gun for about 15 minutes until I'm bored.... but I think it's awesome that you are giving it away for people who do.

Well, maybe I want a floor lift. I do have to clean my gutters soon. Can you ship one of those? :)

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
10/20/16 2:55 p.m.

I'd be willing to pay shipping for a radar gun!

It would be pointless to have one, and fun!

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
10/20/16 3:01 p.m.

If you are looking for more buzzkill.....

Might there be blow-back for selling/giving away things that aren't actually yours?

Ojala
10/20/16 3:14 p.m.

In reply to etifosi:

These things were mixed in with piles of actual garbage. The scale of garbage dumped in this building complex is truly Raiders of the Lost Ark staggering. The whole mess is being demolished and the land will be sold. I should probably check to see if any of this junk works.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/20/16 3:24 p.m.

I want a radar gun too! For rallycross fun and such...

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/20/16 3:29 p.m.

I'm in for shipping and beers ifor a radar becomes available lol.

Ojala
10/20/16 3:39 p.m.

Oh good lord, we found room after room of cots and bags of makeup from Katrina

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XD2zI0jNSwT57CrvYv9gcrIghv2vHpueYyxXjbTCTqlggu8tXEFPJD4hvr3qDLNS