1 ... 3662 3663 3664 3665 3666 ... 4664
Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/25/18 7:48 p.m.
ThurdFerguson said:

Image result for 1981 ford ltd

I had one of these, a 79 LTD Landau, from 86 to 2000.  79 was the first year for the panther platform. It weighed 3700 lbs on a certified scale; heavy for the time, but light  when compared to today's cars.

After 83, Ford revived the Crown Victoria name to differentiate from the fox platform based baby LTD.

Loved that car. I had two more, a 93 and a 95 p71.

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
9/25/18 8:01 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

Added a few more horsepower to the 4Runner today.

Is that the demon from Disenchanted? Awesome!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/25/18 8:12 p.m.

In reply to Greg Smith :

Yep. He's the one that told me to do it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/25/18 9:04 p.m.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/25/18 11:39 p.m.

Mojo:

I see your GRM 4Runner sticker and raise you a Cackalacky sticker.

EastCoastMojo
9/26/18 4:45 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

Nice! Is that a Don't step on snek sticker I see? Also, you have excellent taste in music.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/26/18 7:22 a.m.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/18 10:33 a.m.

More  Amusing Frenchness:

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
9/26/18 3:25 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

In reply to Greg Smith :

Yep. He's the one that told me to do it.

Has anybody checked out Disenchanted on NETFLIX yet? I liked it and binge watched it over a couple of days. If you like Simpsons or Futurama, you'll like it

RossD
RossD MegaDork
9/26/18 3:45 p.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

I made it through most of the first episode with a couple of chuckles. I'll give it another try soon enough.

I did watch something that pleasantly surprised me, and actually I can't wait to watch more of with my almost 4 year old son!

Netflix's Hilda. It's rated Y7 and I thought that it might be too much for him, but we talked a few of the 'scarier' parts out. Its really imaginative. Very unique.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/26/18 6:18 p.m.

There is an Acro Sport II on Barnstormers fort $8,000. Yeah, one cylinder is loosing compression, and the annual is 3 years out of date, its only $8,000. HNNNNNNNGHHH!

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/18 6:24 p.m.
Hasbro said:

... with an intercooler in the spare tire carrier behind the passenger seat.

...I am friends with the person who did that.

He decidedly does NOT work for that company anymore and the stories I have heard are not fit for public exposure.

drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
9/26/18 6:50 p.m.

Never know what you’ll see on the way home from work:

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
9/26/18 7:04 p.m.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/26/18 8:26 p.m.

Thanks to loosecannon and eastcoastmojo i just lost an evening. Disenchanted is freaking hilarious!

Picture unrelated.

EastCoastMojo
9/26/18 8:40 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

laugh You're welcome!

ThunderCougarFalconGoat
ThunderCougarFalconGoat HalfDork
9/26/18 8:50 p.m.

Wally
9/26/18 9:30 p.m.

In reply to drainoil :

They must not salt much out there. My floors were going away at about 225k

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
9/27/18 9:46 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/27/18 9:52 a.m.

Yeah, Delaware!  Note license plate.  Also, Governor Printz Boulevard is not all that far from where I work.  It may have been a decent neighborhood when you could buy an Edsel, but it isn't any more.

drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
9/27/18 6:07 p.m.
Wally said:

In reply to drainoil :

Wally, amazingly this is in Minnesota aka Minnesalta where MnDOT uses much more salt on the roads than any other snow state. If this guy can get half a million miles out of a Chevy Cavalier I’m sure he also took measures such as pickling the undercarriage really well and washing it frequently especially in the winter.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/27/18 7:19 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

It is a Don't Step On Snek sticker. 

Re: music. Thanks. The Rev. Horton is coming to Cat's Cradle on Dec. 18th. I've got to call and get tickets, I keep forgetting.

EastCoastMojo
9/27/18 7:23 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

berkeley yeah, with Junior Brown?!! Oh I WILL be there! I'm semi crazy about him laugh

Edit: just bought tickets online. YES! Thanks for the heads up yes

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/18 7:55 p.m.
drainoil said:
Wally said:

In reply to drainoil :

Wally, amazingly this is in Minnesota aka Minnesalta where MnDOT uses much more salt on the roads than any other snow state. If this guy can get half a million miles out of a Chevy Cavalier I’m sure he also took measures such as pickling the undercarriage really well and washing it frequently especially in the winter.

My boss bought an '04 Sierra out of Minnesota in '12ish.  When it got delivered, we got it up on the lift and marveled at how clean the truck was.  The brake and fuel lines looked like new, the cab and bed still had mounts on them, etc.  Most NE Ohio trucks that old were ready for a line rack replacement, and the cabs were in sad shape especially in the rocker and forward lower doorjamb area.  When they started to get bad, you had to roll the window down so you could hold the door up with your left hand so you could shut it.

Of course, that was six years ago.  Exposure to Cleveland salt means that he has had the rockers replaced twice, the bed replaced once, and I've already pieced together a few brake lines and the fuel line rack is gonna fail any day now.  Also the front airbag sensors corroded apart like they always do.

Ohio probably ranks low on the list because the vast majority of salt use is in the northern 20% of the state.  It's practically an entire different climate when you come out of the Mississippi watershed and get north into the Great Lakes watershed.  In the winter you can cross the divide driving south and go from deep snow to green!

Wally
9/27/18 8:59 p.m.

I refuse to grow up.

1 ... 3662 3663 3664 3665 3666 ... 4664

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aHfy4lTaCVY8z3JnivT6Stbh1IPDdNkkY9JsiQKbWP8ILHhgkPSS7DxbCbPmq2g6