Indy-Guy said:

Oh deer!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/9/18 2:25 p.m.

NickD
NickD UberDork
11/9/18 3:50 p.m.

When you blow up your racecar/streetcar and you have to tow through the the Tail Of The Dragon (yes, that is me, and that is the story)

NickD
NickD UberDork
11/9/18 3:53 p.m.

My junk BEFORE I blew it up. (Transmission failure)

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
11/9/18 4:32 p.m.
NickD said:

My junk BEFORE I blew it up. (Transmission failure)

This is much better than the U-Haul pic. I really like how you have your car set up.

Pic unrelated.

enlightened

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/9/18 8:43 p.m.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/9/18 9:23 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:

This is much better than the U-Haul pic. I really like how you have your car set up

V8 towing and power, though!

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/9/18 9:32 p.m.
Appleseed said:

About 140mph

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/9/18 9:49 p.m.
stanger_missle said:

I'll bet it smells like a lawsuit. 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
11/10/18 5:00 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:

Holy E36 M3. That might be my buddy Matt’s car.

NickD
NickD UberDork
11/10/18 7:10 a.m.
Brett_Murphy said:
Indy-Guy said:

This is much better than the U-Haul pic. I really like how you have your car set up

V8 towing and power, though!

It had the "mighty" 4.8L, which struggled even towing a Miata. Part way home I was tempted to throw a BTR cam and an eBay Chinese turbo on it.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/10/18 7:58 a.m.
93EXCivic said:

Hoping to watch this this weekend. It is going to be mad.

Is it being broadcast in USA? I plan to find a stream via Reddit 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/10/18 8:03 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/10/18 8:10 a.m.
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/10/18 8:53 a.m.

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
11/10/18 9:13 a.m.
NickD said:

It had the "mighty" 4.8L, which struggled even towing a Miata. Part way home I was tempted to throw a BTR cam and an eBay Chinese turbo on it.

That would be a fun youtube channel for someone with money to piss away. Rent trucks and cars for a week and return them with power adders or nitrous or suspension kits. I bet the average rental car could get several states away before they even noticed the mods.

"Today we're going to make this car suck less by removing its suction power; that is removing vacuum and replacing it with positive cylinder pressure."

BenB
BenB Reader
11/10/18 10:40 a.m.

100 years ago today, my grandfather, my dad's father, arrived at the front in France. He passed away in 1968, so I don't remember him very well. He told my dad he got to the front and the war ended the next day.

ThurdFerguson
ThurdFerguson New Reader
11/10/18 11:17 a.m.

Car Masters on Netflix, my latest binge with my favorite lady mechanic.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/10/18 12:18 p.m.
Floating Doc said:
Appleseed said:

One hundred years, this year.

My grandfather's ID, issued when he was redeployed to the front after being wounded, and the last survivor from his platoon. 

The machine gun that hit him also killed his sergeant. He had a through-and-through wound on the inside of his thigh. Somehow, it missed his femoral artery.

He took cover in an empty German Trench, then pinned the machine Gunners down by himself with his Springfield. He took out the ammunition party. The gun crew surrendered when they ran out of ammunition.

What set him apart: The first thing he did after that was save that gun crew's lives when they surrendered, as they were about to be bayonetted.

Take a good look. He was every bit as intense as that, well into his nineties.

I've always had a lot to live up to.

BenB, thank you for remembering your grandfather here today. He was a very lucky man indeed, to arrive at the front the day before the end of the war.

While many of the officers instructed their troops to keep their heads down and hang on until the shooting stopped, some officers were determined to make a reputation for themselves while they still had the chance. There were a lot of soldiers killed in pointless and futile charges into enemy fire, right up until the moment the shooting stopped.

My grandfather occupied a small town in Germany after the war. When they went into town the first thing he wanted was a bath and a shave. He found a place where you could get a bath, and then went to the barbershop.

He told me how the barber, while shaving his neck with the straight razor, asked him,"where were you?"

When my grandfather replied which sector he was in the barber paused for a moment and said, "I was right across from you."

I asked my grandfather if this frightened him since they had been shooting at each other just a couple days earlier. He scoffed, and replied, "No, everyone was just glad it was over."

NickD
NickD UberDork
11/10/18 2:13 p.m.
barefootskater said:
NickD said:

That would be a fun youtube channel for someone with money to piss away. Rent trucks and cars for a week and return them with power adders or nitrous or suspension kits. I bet the average rental car could get several states away before they even noticed the mods.

"Today we're going to make this car suck less by removing its suction power; that is removing vacuum and replacing it with positive cylinder pressure."

We wanted to attempt to get a photo doing a burnout in the van with the car on the trailer behind it. Sadly the 4.gr8 didn't have the beans, and we didn't have any ATF

BenB
BenB Reader
11/10/18 2:37 p.m.
Floating Doc said:
Floating Doc said:
Appleseed said:

One hundred years, this year.

My grandfather's ID, issued when he was redeployed to the front after being wounded, and the last survivor from his platoon. 

The machine gun that hit him also killed his sergeant. He had a through-and-through wound on the inside of his thigh. Somehow, it missed his femoral artery.

He took cover in an empty German Trench, then pinned the machine Gunners down by himself with his Springfield. He took out the ammunition party. The gun crew surrendered when they ran out of ammunition.

What set him apart: The first thing he did after that was save that gun crew's lives when they surrendered, as they were about to be bayonetted.

Take a good look. He was every bit as intense as that, well into his nineties.

I've always had a lot to live up to.

BenB, thank you for remembering your grandfather here today. He was a very lucky man indeed, to arrive at the front the day before the end of the war.

While many of the officers instructed their troops to keep their heads down and hang on until the shooting stopped, some officers were determined to make a reputation for themselves while they still had the chance. There were a lot of soldiers killed in pointless and futile charges into enemy fire, right up until the moment the shooting stopped.

My grandfather occupied a small town in Germany after the war. When they went into town the first thing he wanted was a bath and a shave. He found a place where you could get a bath, and then went to the barbershop.

He told me how the barber, while shaving his neck with the straight razor, asked him,"where were you?"

When my grandfather replied which sector he was in the barber paused for a moment and said, "I was right across from you."

I asked my grandfather if this frightened him since they had been shooting at each other just a couple days earlier. He scoffed, and replied, "No, everyone was just glad it was over."

My grandfather ended up guarding the bridge at Remagen after the  war. Oddly enough, my wife's grandfather guarded the remains of it after WWII.

Can't get the pic to work, but here are US soldiers crossing the bridge in 1918. LINK  Wouldn't it be something if my grandfather was somewhere in that photo!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/10/18 3:36 p.m.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/10/18 10:38 p.m.

The thousand can case. Because in Finland, they understand what one of those weeks are like. 

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/10/18 11:56 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

The only Finnish I kinda know translates to "Berk it, I'll get the chainsaw."

1 ... 3691 3692 3693 3694 3695 ... 4665

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KqcT5dfysoUnCKDhkcMFka0iSlRtTSycbZcVZyuKQNwuUxlFmegVcqeCYV3nypBZ