Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
6/17/20 8:20 p.m.

Some of you may recall that, just before the world stopped, the Ontario government had to 'fess up that its new licence plates were completely unreadable after dark.  Oops.  The recall-and-replace process is now obviously going to take a lot longer than anybody (except those nasty scofflaws who want to speed through the night) would prefer, but Stuff Happens, and it's always fun to have something to laugh at your government about.  Just to twist the knife a bit, though, I observed today that some of the stealth plates begin with the letters CMEE -xxx.  Have a nice day, Ontario Ministry of Transportation.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/20 7:17 p.m.

Still would've liked to get one of those on a sports car...my understanding is that they're sending out replacement plates, but you're not legally required to change to it yet wink

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/20 7:19 p.m.

On a lighter note, my mom is driving on an expired license and can't do anything about it. It expired on her 80th birthday, and thus she needs to attend a class to renew. But she can't.

Apparently this is okay. But she's not going to drive into Quebec anytime soon...

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
6/18/20 7:44 p.m.

I really wanted a set of those on my new car but they were already gone.  I’m old enough to remember the last time they were blue

adam525i (Forum Supporter)
adam525i (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/18/20 10:53 p.m.

I stood in line at a Service Ontario for two hours a week ago just to be turned away at closing but the lucky few that got in were still coming out with those plates. I'm guessing some locations don't have any stock of the original plates or haven't received any since re-opening so that's what people are still getting. That was the Harrow location near Windsor, would not recommend (Hey! lets leave most locations closed forcing everyone to the few that are open, but lets only put one person in there so the line never moves and everyone wastes a bunch of time - end rant).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fTgmHAkdQHvmbIYwN3CEsiBuVBxXE5qksEkosvlWKscU0ZOVrPqt9TGXGO3nJGBi