1 2
Trackmouse
Trackmouse SuperDork
12/6/17 6:05 p.m.

My personal fave (I love dark beer!) 

any other automotive related brewskies that taste good (subjectively of course.)

Jumper K Balls
Jumper K Balls PowerDork
12/6/17 6:38 p.m.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
12/6/17 6:59 p.m.

In reply to Jumper K Balls :

Bear republic? Sounds Russian. Lol. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/6/17 7:01 p.m.

In reply to Trackmouse :

Their racer 5 IPA and race x double ipa are both good, day drinking, semi car related beers as well

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
12/6/17 7:21 p.m.

Nice. I’ll have to give them a try. I live in the pacific NW, aka- beer snob capital. So I’m always looking for new stuff that’s NOT an IPA. Can’t stand those. 

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/6/17 7:23 p.m.

I haven't tried it myself though

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/6/17 7:37 p.m.

So this thread isn't about beer you drink in cars?

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
12/6/17 7:43 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

It can be. Let’s hear it. 

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
12/6/17 8:13 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Used to be legal in Texas.  Damn Feds.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
12/6/17 8:20 p.m.

Not car themed beers, but in my kegerator, which IS in my garage next to my car and truck, I currently have Sierra Nevada Celebration and Sam Adams Winter Lager.

Definitely want to try the previously mentioned brews though! 

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/6/17 8:28 p.m.
Dr. Hess said:

In reply to EvanB :

Still legal in Montana, if you aren't the one driving, to the best of my knowledge.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/6/17 9:31 p.m.
Gearheadotaku said:

I just came in to post this one. I *have* had it, and it's lovely. But also pricey. An occasional treat.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/6/17 10:30 p.m.
Ransom said:
Gearheadotaku said:

I just came in to post this one. I *have* had it, and it's lovely. But also pricey. An occasional treat.

Try the Old Engine Oil Engineer's Reserve. It is pretty excellent (as are their Scotch barrel aged beers). 

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/6/17 10:32 p.m.

I quite like Evil Twin's Nomader Wiesse. 

https://img.saveur-biere.com/img/p/6733-17115-thickbox.jpg

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/7/17 4:32 a.m.
Robbie said:
Dr. Hess said:

In reply to EvanB :

Still legal in Montana, if you aren't the one driving, to the best of my knowledge.

Hungary has "zero tolerance" drinking and driving laws (so anything above 0.0% abv is a DUI).  When I lived there, I was always told that because the driver was allowed no alcohol in his system whatsoever, that the passengers could have open containers all they wanted.  So we did.. lots of times...  and I always thought it was a pretty good way of doing things.

I found out after we moved away that what we were doing wasn't even close to being legal laugh

But those were some good times.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
12/7/17 7:54 a.m.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/7/17 8:00 a.m.
Gearheadotaku said:

I have and it is one of my top 5 favorite stouts.  Whenever I see it for sale, I pretty much buy all of it. The only American stout that comes close is Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout.

Even better is Harviestoun's barrel aged stouts called "Ola Dubh Special Reserve" series of beers. Aged in scotch whiskey barrels of various vintages (12, 16, 18 & 30).  It is eye-wateringly expensive and worth every penny.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/7/17 8:04 a.m.
Robbie said:
Dr. Hess said:

In reply to EvanB :

In Louisiana as well, too? I've heard rumors of drive-thru margarita windows. 

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
12/7/17 8:06 a.m.
Robbie said:
Dr. Hess said:

In reply to EvanB :

Missouri is the same way, the only thing is there are a few counties you cant do it in and those are just counties that are part of major cities

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/7/17 8:12 a.m.
Ian F said:
Robbie said:
Dr. Hess said:

In reply to EvanB :

In Louisiana as well, too? I've heard rumors of drive-thru margarita windows. 

There are drive-thru margarita windows but they either don't put a straw in it, put tape over the end of the straw or leave just the tip of the wrapper on to make it a "closed" container.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/7/17 12:08 p.m.

Stupidest law evarrr…

Go to a bar, drink a beer, jump in your car and drive home = Everyone from the chief of police to the mayor will congratulate you on being such a fine upstanding citizen.

Drink a beer in your car on the way home to save time, money, and avoid fraternizing with unsavory characters = SWAT team will shoot your tires out while dangling from a Blackhawk’s undercharge to put an end to your horrific reign of terror.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse UltraDork
12/7/17 12:18 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

Well, that wraps up this thread. 

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
12/7/17 12:42 p.m.
edizzle89 said:
Robbie said:
Dr. Hess said:

In reply to EvanB :

Missouri is the same way, the only thing is there are a few counties you cant do it in and those are just counties that are part of major cities

Beat me to it. I know every county around me that does and doesn't allow open containers memorized. It's a short list. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/7/17 12:51 p.m.
Hungary Bill said:
Robbie said:
Dr. Hess said:

In reply to EvanB :

Hungary has "zero tolerance" drinking and driving laws (so anything above 0.0% abv is a DUI).  When I lived there, I was always told that because the driver was allowed no alcohol in his system whatsoever, that the passengers could have open containers all they wanted.  So we did.. lots of times...  and I always thought it was a pretty good way of doing things.

I found out after we moved away that what we were doing wasn't even close to being legal laugh

But those were some good times.

There's roughly zero drunk driving enforcement by me. If you get into an accident and the cops smell beer breath on you, then they'll test you, but that's about it. Just recently a mandatory minimum fine was set for drunk driving....at $500. Which is the same as the mandatory minimum fine that was set for speeding at the same time (which is about what a speeding ticket tended to cost you anyway), except that speeding can carry a prison term, and/or a lifetime ban from driving at 160kph+. Drunk driving is just $500.

It's for the tourists, I hear...

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
12/10/17 1:02 p.m.
Gearheadotaku said:

I've tried to find this in Michigan, anyone willing to ship a fellow GRMer a couple?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NtenrbJTAlaO3T0r4bLDiDQxlj9cRISYgohoo8k1Ip48WN9hHJg6x1KWkDXodnt6