Salanis
Salanis PowerDork
5/17/12 12:20 p.m.

Loosening his lug nuts? Sounds like the Christopher Walken school of pranks:

http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoaft1UI.html

jere
jere New Reader
5/17/12 12:22 p.m.

My roommate gave me his spare key one day in case he lost his. Later on he put a condom full with some food product in it, in a new pair of my shoes... So I dropped his car off a half mile away and walked home, then told him someone stole his car.

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle Reader
5/17/12 12:25 p.m.

Before everything had keyless entry, we would take peoples keys, put them in a glass of water and then in the freezer. At work. On Fridays.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/17/12 12:43 p.m.
JohnInKansas wrote: Wasn't there a thread/post about a ladies-underwear-in-friends-car prank that backfired BADLY? Friend's sig-ot found the garment in question before he did, lots of anger directed at the prankster, if I remember correctly.

That's why you make the garments something ridiculous, like a size 68 GGG

ShadowSix
ShadowSix HalfDork
5/17/12 1:06 p.m.

Yeah, loosening lug nuts is less a prank, more an opportunity to go away for involuntary manslaughter.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
5/17/12 1:16 p.m.
ShadowSix wrote: Yeah, loosening lug nuts is less a prank, more an opportunity to go away for involuntary manslaughter.

+1.

The safe version of a lug nut prank is to jack up a car, put its wheels on their sides underneath the car, and lower the car onto them. You then leave a ransom note under the wiper explaining that you have kidnapped the lug nuts, explaining what the owner must do to get them back.

PHeller
PHeller SuperDork
5/17/12 1:21 p.m.

Yeah another "don't do" prank:

Someone I knew took my PCV tube and stuck it into my interior fan vent. This was in the fall, after an oil change, so I wasn't doing anything under hood. When I finally got an oil change (paid someone to do it because of snow), the mechanic thought someone was trying to kill me. I was wondering why my eyes were constantly watering while driving.

Pretty dumb.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
5/17/12 1:24 p.m.

Instead of removing wheel weights, we use to hammer on a couple dozen "extra" wheel weights on the inside lip of co-worker's cars.

Picking up some clearance meat at the local market and installing it under the spare tire happened a couple times too.

ShadowSix
ShadowSix HalfDork
5/17/12 1:31 p.m.
PHeller wrote: Yeah another "don't do" prank: Someone I knew took my PCV tube and stuck it into my interior fan vent. This was in the fall, after an oil change, so I wasn't doing anything under hood. When I finally got an oil change (paid someone to do it because of snow), the mechanic thought someone was trying to kill me. I was wondering why my eyes were constantly watering while driving. Pretty dumb.

Take away point: If you can imagine a plausible scenario where your action causes a death/severe injury, it is not a prank.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UberDork
5/17/12 1:44 p.m.

How about this: don't pull pranks on your friend's cars.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
5/17/12 1:45 p.m.

One prank my friends pulled on me was strapping a gold set truck nuts on my Civic. I didn't notice for two weeks. Those things had been beat to E36 M3 bouncing off speed bumps and stuff.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance HalfDork
5/17/12 1:48 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: One prank my friends pulled on me was strapping a gold set truck nuts on my Civic. I didn't notice for two weeks. Those things had been beat to E36 M3 bouncing off speed bumps and stuff.

Thats funny right there.

snap_understeer
snap_understeer Reader
5/18/12 9:26 a.m.
stuart in mn wrote: What does making a pizza out of a spare tire mean?

Cut up the tire and wheel into several 'slices'.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
5/18/12 9:28 a.m.
stuart in mn wrote: How about this: don't pull pranks on your friend's cars.

this

snap_understeer
snap_understeer Reader
5/18/12 9:29 a.m.
fasted58 wrote:
stuart in mn wrote: How about this: don't pull pranks on your friend's cars.
this

Because of college.

snap_understeer
snap_understeer Reader
5/18/12 9:31 a.m.

a better prank I did was with this bully in high school. he had a lifted truck with adjustable suspension. every day we lowered the suspension 1/10 of an inch on all four corners. Not harmful, just something's up.

triumphcorvair
triumphcorvair New Reader
5/18/12 9:44 a.m.

I took a plasticuff (24" tie wrap) and attached it to the driveshaft of my bosses new Dodge truck. When he drove off the tie wrap would slap the under carriage and make a heck of a noise. He'd slow down and the noise would stop. He'd then speed up and it would start all over again. He did this several times until he figured out what was going on. He was so pissed at me he couldn't talk straight. It was hilarous just to watch him speed up and slow down!

KATYB
KATYB HalfDork
5/18/12 10:43 a.m.

in hs me and my friend stole another friend engine out of his crx one night. replaced it with cinderblocks so the car would sit right in the parking lot. when he finally called us for a ride we picked him up with his engine sitting in the back of my friends truck. about 5 years ago a coworker had hoisted my toolbox up to the cealing in our shop to pay him back i let the air out of his tires and refilled them with grease useing a pnuematic greasegun.

and wife once came jacked my car up and took all my wheels off and put them in my back seat. walked out to find my car on jackstands.

Pete240Z
Pete240Z UltraDork
5/18/12 12:45 p.m.
KATYB wrote: in hs me and my friend stole another friend engine out of his crx one night. replaced it with cinderblocks so the car would sit right in the parking lot

Wow, that's a lot of work. We just spent our time in HS asking older folks to buy us a 12 pack or sending the oldest looking guy into the grocery store to "try" to buy beer.

KATYB
KATYB HalfDork
5/18/12 12:58 p.m.
Pete240Z wrote:
KATYB wrote: in hs me and my friend stole another friend engine out of his crx one night. replaced it with cinderblocks so the car would sit right in the parking lot
Wow, that's a lot of work. We just spent our time in HS asking older folks to buy us a 12 pack or sending the oldest looking guy into the grocery store to "try" to buy beer. lol. it was all in good fun. we had a store that sold to us anyways so not problem on alchohol.
Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/18/12 4:43 p.m.

To earn a few bucks when I was towing I would pick up cars thar people were donating to charity. On day I picked up an Olds Cutlass that had burned to a shell. The manager of the parts store we dealt with had a mint one he rebuilt with a 455, four speed and a big buck paint job. While he was on vacation had me take it to a shop for a new rear gears and put it back in his garage when it was done. I left the burned out one with a note from the shop appoligozing for the minor mishap with his car in his garage. I learned new words in several languages when he came home.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/18/12 5:03 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Car prank: moving your buddy's car to a different spot. Not a car prank: loosening lug nuts making a wheel fall off under operation. Car prank: throwing a pair of women's undergarments into a buddy's car. Not a car prank: loosening lug nuts making a wheel fall off under operation. See the difference?

Oh come on, what's a little attempted homicide between friends?

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
5/18/12 5:37 p.m.

In high school, one of my friends owned a Ford Aerostar van. He was driving me and my other friend around. At one point, he had to go to a store. I was sitting in the second row. There were radio controls on the armrest. My other buddy, sitting in the front passenger seat, said, "DO IT."

When my friend hopped in the car, he turned on the radio, and I switched it to another station.

"Hmm... that's weird." [sets it back to first station]

I switched it to another station.

"What the hell?" [switches it back]

Did it again.

"What the berkeley is wrong with this radio?!"

I did this for three minutes, changing stations randomly, my driving buddy progressively getting angrier and less coherent, while me and my other buddy were cracking up. Eventually I stopped for a minute.

"FINALLY! Man, I've never seen a radio..." [I crank the volume up to 11] GRRAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!" [Hulk mad! Hulk smash puny dashboard!]

He literally put a crack into the dashboard! We had to reveal our deception before he tore the van apart or we died laughing, whichever came first. After the massively stinky fart he ripped in revenge, we wished we did die laughing.

psychic_mechanic
psychic_mechanic Dork
5/18/12 6:15 p.m.

My buddy owns a body shop, one day we put for sale signs in his toyota pickup for about 50% blue book value.

I wrote "CAUTION: WATCH FOR FLYING DEBRIS" across the road grime on my friend's 76 Trans Am, fit beautifully from one side of the bumper to the other. He drove around for a couple of weeks before noticing.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance HalfDork
5/18/12 9:13 p.m.
Wally wrote: To earn a few bucks when I was towing I would pick up cars thar people were donating to charity. On day I picked up an Olds Cutlass that had burned to a shell. The manager of the parts store we dealt with had a mint one he rebuilt with a 455, four speed and a big buck paint job. While he was on vacation had me take it to a shop for a new rear gears and put it back in his garage when it was done. I left the burned out one with a note from the shop appoligozing for the minor mishap with his car in his garage. I learned new words in several languages when he came home.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m3sEJBe3ReEz9H0YDVUZjYOKgzXOJTB95FFnQw98mZ0UW7LLUBKTkGPedIsQ5VO2