1 2 3 4 5 6
Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/9/16 11:39 a.m.

For a day at the Race Track they are necessary. Glasses case, phone, wallet, water bottle, earplug case, ect.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
9/9/16 11:45 a.m.
KyAllroad wrote: Phone and keys together?? Heresy!!

Thin profile flip case!

I used to be a back pocket guy. I also used to have constant back pain. Moved the wallet to the empty front in the 90's and it went away.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
9/9/16 11:48 a.m.
Jumper K. Balls wrote: I will leave the fashionable or not argument to others more qualified. my question is how many items are people actually carrying around that they would require this surplus of pockets? Wallet in the front left pocket, keys and phone in the front right and i am ready to take on the day.

It's like this - keys left front. Wallet, bug spray, sunblock, left cargo. Knife, right front. Phone, protein bar(s) right cargo. Optional items fit in somewhere include extra ammo, blue tooth headset if working on the go, and the occasional can of beer when it's going to be a while and the cooler is too heavy to carry wherever we are going. Maybe a flashlight or some tools.

The back pockets are left empty because sitting on lumpy E36 M3 is not on my to-do list.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
9/9/16 11:52 a.m.

Advantage of getting old: Not really giving a flying berk about what anyone thinks of what I wear... and definitely not some turd typing up click-bait for a news site...

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
9/9/16 1:57 p.m.
Huckleberry wrote: It's like this - keys left front. Wallet, bug spray, sunblock, left cargo. Knife, right front. Phone, protein bar(s) right cargo. Optional items fit in somewhere include extra ammo, blue tooth headset if working on the go, and the occasional can of beer when it's going to be a while and the cooler is too heavy to carry wherever we are going. Maybe a flashlight or some tools.

You need a purse for all that.

Left front: Front pocket wallet.

Right front: Keys and pocket knife.

Right rear: Phone, take it out when you sit down.

That's the nice part about jeans. There's only a few pockets so you don't end up carrying extra E36 M3 around.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/16 2:43 p.m.
Huckleberry wrote:
Jumper K. Balls wrote: I will leave the fashionable or not argument to others more qualified. my question is how many items are people actually carrying around that they would require this surplus of pockets? Wallet in the front left pocket, keys and phone in the front right and i am ready to take on the day.
It's like this - keys left front. Wallet, bug spray, sunblock, left cargo. Knife, right front. Phone, protein bar(s) right cargo. Optional items fit in somewhere include extra ammo, blue tooth headset if working on the go, and the occasional can of beer when it's going to be a while and the cooler is too heavy to carry wherever we are going. Maybe a flashlight or some tools. The back pockets are left empty because sitting on lumpy E36 M3 is not on my to-do list.

This.

Except for the wallet and the keys. Keys are on a belt clip, wallet goes in the back right pocket. I've been carrying it there for so long there is a custom formed dent in my ass for it. Needless to say, I hate breaking in a new wallet.

Extra space can also be taken up with tools and or door parts, depending on the current situation.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
9/9/16 2:48 p.m.
Huckleberry wrote:
It's like this - keys left front. Wallet, bug spray, sunblock, left cargo. Knife, right front. Phone, protein bar(s) right cargo.

I have this vision of Napoleon Dynamite pulling tater tots out of the cargo pocket in his pants.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
9/9/16 2:53 p.m.

I'm wearing cargo shorts right now. At work. There are 3 more pair at home waiting for me. If nothing else, the ability to stuff a full water bottle in one side and folded up hat in the other while auto/rallycrossing is awesome.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
9/9/16 3:12 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: Keys are on a belt clip

I keep trying this. The keys are the most uncomfortable thing in my pockets. I just can't handle the jingle jangle as I walk.

Jeff
Jeff SuperDork
9/9/16 3:38 p.m.

I'm a skinny jeans, dress shorts to the office, cut off jean shop/yard work shorts (trim, but not snug) kind of guy. My former wives and my present wife say my ass looks good. Deal with it Biatch

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
9/9/16 3:44 p.m.

I wish I could wear cargo shorts at work.

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
9/9/16 3:45 p.m.

Form fitting skinny jeans and shorts suck. Mrs. DX has no problem with me wearing cargo shorts (even ones that have holes in them or cut off ones) and they work for me so all sides are happy. /Thread and next topic please

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/9/16 4:08 p.m.

Jesus. This has turned into a nutnfancy load out edc discussion.

God help us all.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
9/9/16 5:13 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: You guys have Crocs to go with your cargo shorts?

Oh no you didn't!

I may not wear them out of the yard, but I will NOT be giving up my crocs. No I will not. No no no.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
9/9/16 5:32 p.m.
Jumper K. Balls wrote: I will leave the fashionable or not argument to others more qualified. my question is how many items are people actually carrying around that they would require this surplus of pockets?

Regularly or occasionally?

Regularly I have: fat, non-critical wallet (cash, change, business cards, etc) in front left; thin critical wallet (ID, insurance, credit card) and keys in front right; and phone in right cargo. I hate stuff on my back pockets.

Even though the cargo pockets aren't filled all the time, they're still incredibly useful on the frequent occasions I want to carry anything else. Water bottles, tools, paperback book, stuff for the baroness, or just... whatever.

I wear Dickie's double-knee twill pants for work. I wish they had cargo pockets. The ones with cargo pockets are twice as much, and they aren't wide leg, which I need to fit around the outside of my much boots.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/9/16 5:41 p.m.
Jumper K. Balls wrote: I will leave the fashionable or not argument to others more qualified. my question is how many items are people actually carrying around that they would require this surplus of pockets?

Back right wallet
back left receipts, notes, lists
front right keys and knifes
front left cash and phone
right cargo smokes and lighter if wearing a pocketless shirt
left cargo miscellanious nuts and bolts, zip ties, random stuff

only change is on autox day or long road trips, wallet gets hidden in the car because 23 year old miata seats aren't comfortable

And for the winter, cargo jeans in the same layout.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/16 5:48 p.m.
Jumper K. Balls wrote:
I keep trying this. The keys are the most uncomfortable thing in my pockets. I just can't handle the jingle jangle as I walk.

1 - Plastic topped keys don't jangle.

2 - Stop walking like a girl.

3 - After 35 years, you get used to it. Normally I don't hear it. I do keep an hand on them when silence is necessary, or walking between parked cars.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
9/9/16 5:53 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: Jesus. This has turned into a nutnfancy load out edc discussion. God help us all.

Come on. It was a E36 M3show of a thread about cargo shorts. It NEEDED to be derailed.

Hal
Hal UltraDork
9/9/16 6:04 p.m.

I don't do shorts of any kind. And with my build I wear suspenders most of the time. So for working around the house I prefer these.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
9/9/16 6:10 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: You need a purse for all that.

We call that a backpack. That is for when you are going far enough to need a whole six pack and E36 M3 paper.

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
9/9/16 6:23 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote: I wish I could wear cargo shorts at work.

I wear cargo shorts at work every day in the summer, cargo pants in the winter. I have good cargo's to wear for when I'm not at work and work ones to wear when I am.

This is a recent development. Until a couple years ago I wore blue jeans only, year round, didn't even own shorts. Cargo shorts have changed my life, I give a damn about fashion.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/9/16 6:50 p.m.

I thought about cargo shorts. Then I remembered I'm a man. I put my pants back on and went to work.

mapper
mapper HalfDork
9/9/16 7:42 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: Jesus. This has turned into a nutnfancy load out edc discussion. God help us all.

We need a philosophy of use for cargo shorts to make this complete.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
9/9/16 9:43 p.m.

The idea of my keys coexisting with my phone is like nails on a chalkboard, and I don't sit on stuff, thus the need for a 3rd pocket.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/16 10:03 p.m.
Jumper K. Balls wrote:

I wear close to 15 keys at work... I hated the jingle until I bought a Keysmart ring for them.. now I can walk in silence

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D2jtcaPNn58AzXlvpEffKlQvZKfE3sV1a3bSdh3Tt5jg8qY7pjfgsSMbfWIuMUJY