1 ... 4 5 6
RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/11/18 8:31 p.m.

It sounds like the people who still don't like cargo shorts here haven't had kids yet or didn't have them as an option when they had kids. 

In the 2 years since my last post here, the demon spawn has gone from crawling to 3 year old. Cargos are a necessity for sunglasses, sunscreen, rocks, snacks, wrappers, sticks, whatever random thing she decides we NEED, because its much easier checking pockets than digging through a diaper bag. 

SavageHenry
SavageHenry New Reader
7/11/18 9:37 p.m.

I found them to be invaluable when backpacking around Asia. You can keep toilet paper and your passport handy (not in same pocket) and still have room in your regular pockets for phone, keys, camera, etc. And you don't have a man-purse or fanny pack to worry about. Can't say I ever use back pockets in any clothes though. Would happily trade rear pockets for extra front ones.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
7/11/18 9:51 p.m.
Toyman01 said:

If I'm in shorts, you can bet they are of the cargo variety.

If I'm not in cargo shorts, I'm in cargo pants, unless someone is getting married or is dead. Then, and only then,  I'll break out the suit. 

Same here. What pants have you found that breathe well? Im getting tired of swap ass at work.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
7/11/18 10:24 p.m.

I wear cargo shorts 365 when I'm not working.  It doesn't get too cold here in the mid-Atlantic area.  I bought a pair of jeans maybe a year ago not even sure if I tried them on or not. smiley

Gary
Gary SuperDork
7/11/18 10:29 p.m.

I love this thread (and I love my cargo shorts). Who'd have thought a topic like this would garner six pages. Kudos to the OP.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
7/11/18 10:39 p.m.

At my wife's behest I purchased some regular shorts. Whenever I wear them I miss the pockets. I've gotten used to not having to sit on my wallet. I like my cargo shorts much better. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/18 5:26 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

I wear Wrangler rip stop cargo most of the time. I also have a couple of pairs of Gravel Gear rip stop from Northern. The Gravel Gear are too thick for summer use but damn they are durable. Shorts are Savanna from Sam's.  

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/12/18 9:37 a.m.

All of my shorts are of the cargo variety.  I have been married 25 years this year and have never been told to not wear them, thank god.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
7/12/18 10:16 a.m.
Gary said:

I love this thread (and I love my cargo shorts). Who'd have thought a topic like this would garner six pages. Kudos to the OP.

It proves that we can vehemently disagree about anything.  Cargo shorts vs. long pants, Ford vs. Chevy, Commie vs. Capitalist. 

"What?!  Cargo shorts?  What kind of guy wears cargo shorts?  Where's my damn rifle?" cheeky

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Czkzv8EwSuGZUgf4S3ECrtPOY1BqvrS5JnglNOlzPKeNbGXvdGyKuhDV2iCE9br9