1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/19/18 1:35 p.m.
Cotton said:

I try to do my burnouts when my neighbors are at church,  so I don’t disturb them. So far no complaints.

I do most of mine in my driveway.  

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
9/19/18 1:38 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

So what you’re saying is....I need to pave my driveway!

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
9/19/18 1:47 p.m.

I do mine in my neighbor's driveway.  cheeky

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
9/19/18 3:40 p.m.

Police came by about an hour later as I was out in the garage.  Different deputy tonight- still Sheriff's office though.  He said to keep calling it in, if I bug them enough they might send a car out to do a regular patrol.  

Funny how they have plenty of time to sit on the hwy collecting quota points, but when joe taxpayer calls to report a crime, they take their sweet time getting there and tell you “if you annoy us enough, we might put in a fraction of an ounce of effort to actually resolve your problem.”

Then people are shocked by the idea of someone “taking the law into their own hands” <rolleyes>

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/19/18 7:27 p.m.

As a punk kid, an adult showing up, telling us to knock it the hell off, and then threatening us with, "I won't call the cops"  would have frankly scared the E36 M3 out of me. Too many rednecks with farm fields and backhoes.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
9/20/18 5:27 a.m.

volvoclearinghouse
9/20/18 6:33 a.m.
Appleseed said:

As a punk kid, an adult showing up, telling us to knock it the hell off, and then threatening us with, "I won't call the cops"  would have frankly scared the E36 M3 out of me. Too many rednecks with farm fields and backhoes.

My neighbor (the one with the 4 kids who lives across from the intersection) told me he's got a backhoe I can borrow "whenever I need it". 

There's a shared woods behind our houses.

No burnouts last night.  Haven't even heard the car in 2 days.  Maybe it hella blew up.  

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
9/20/18 7:25 a.m.
poopshovel again said:

These signs are awesome. Makes it easy to identify which properties to loot while the owners are on vacation.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/20/18 9:10 a.m.

You assume they go on vacation. 

volvoclearinghouse
10/1/18 11:52 a.m.

The burnouts seem to have ceased, though the car in question is still driving around.  I was in the backyard Saturday afternoon and heard the very distinctive exhaust note.  I didn't have time to run out to the road, but I saw him drive by- it looked a LOT like an S14, from what I could tell from the side.  Black.  He wasn't speeding, just making very fart-canny noises.  No other altercations or anything of the sort.  I have a security camera and recorder monitoring the driveway, and haven't noticed him using it as a turn around anymore.  So, hopefully this is all blown over.  

I ended up getting a system from Lorex.  They have a pretty decent website, and a friend of mine built his setup from them.  Very user-friendly, easy to set up and the picture quality is amazing.  I can pick up license plates with the thing (except an illuminated rear plate at night, they just show a white blob, apparently that's the trickiest thing to photograph).

Did get a nice close-up of the mailman leaving a package on our porch. 

I did just get a call from the MVA that my plate is ready for the LeMons car.  Which means I now have a Ford Big Block 460-powered, cammed, dual exhaust, single-chamber muffler'ed race car that I can drive on the street, legally....  devil

volvoclearinghouse
10/1/18 12:00 p.m.
John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/1/18 12:14 p.m.

Looks like it might be time to take that Big Block with you when you go to his house to test drive the Nissan.  

If the test drive meeting doesn't happen at his house, maybe a mutually safe location like the local police dept. smiley

Get him to drive himself to the station where you report his on-road antics?????

EDIT: skepticism.   Being that his 240sx is a NA engine it is not that fast.  Sure you can make it loud and with some clutch slip it can be forced to roll the tires but in general the thing is no quicker than a V6 Mustang or a Nissan Hardbody truck that it shares then engine with.  I had the same but '97 version.  All stock and auto trans as a DD back in early '00s.  

This car does no do burnouts that make you run out of the house wondering what it is. 

Cooter
Cooter Dork
10/1/18 2:34 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

Holy E36 M3.  This might be the car.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/for/d/nissan-240sx/6703868465.html

It's always a Justin...

Cooter
Cooter Dork
10/1/18 2:37 p.m.

But seriously.

There is a chance that the police have already caught him, which is why he has been taking it easy past your house now.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
10/1/18 3:36 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Sure you can make it loud and with some clutch slip it can be forced to roll the tires but in general the thing is no quicker than a V6 Mustang or a Nissan Hardbody truck that it shares then engine with.  I had the same but '97 version.  All stock and auto trans as a DD back in early '00s.  

This car does no do burnouts that make you run out of the house wondering what it is. 

Umm, that thing will do annoying burnouts all day long.

volvoclearinghouse
10/2/18 6:40 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

"It's always a Justin..."

My first thoughts when I clicked on the contact info.  

"But seriously.

There is a chance that the police have already caught him, which is why he has been taking it easy past your house now."

Agreed.  Hopeful that's the case.  I drove past where that Craigslist picture was taken (it was pretty easy to tell from the photo, I pass that area every day on my commute) and didn't see the car parked there. (It's a Monroe Muffler joint).  I'm curious now.  Will monitor that lot....either he works there, or he had some exhaust work done and just happened to take the pictures while it was parked there.  

volvoclearinghouse
10/2/18 6:41 a.m.
ProDarwin said:
John Welsh said:

Sure you can make it loud and with some clutch slip it can be forced to roll the tires but in general the thing is no quicker than a V6 Mustang or a Nissan Hardbody truck that it shares then engine with.  I had the same but '97 version.  All stock and auto trans as a DD back in early '00s.  

But...it's got a 'Welded diff"!!!!

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
10/2/18 7:55 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:
ProDarwin said:
John Welsh said:

But...it's got a 'Welded diff"!!!!

since that's the case then he's probably not drifting around that corner or doing burnouts, he's probably just turning and the locked diff is making the tires squeal

volvoclearinghouse
10/3/18 9:12 p.m.

Guess who just drove past my house? Good Ole Justin in his 682 1Z7 historic plated E36 M3 pile. 

java230
java230 UltraDork
10/3/18 9:13 p.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

Oy vey, doing burnouts? 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/3/18 9:50 p.m.

You know, he wouldn't have time to do burnouts on your street if he was too busy answering email inquiries about his ad. I'm sure we all have lots of questions...wink

Cooter
Cooter Dork
10/3/18 11:11 p.m.

I wonder if it will do annoying burnouts.

volvoclearinghouse
10/4/18 8:10 a.m.

OK gang, now we reach the point of decision.  The car has been positively identified- he was out running back and forth, acting like a general shiny happy person while I was out working in the garage, our 4 year old was trying to sleep, and Mrs VCH was nursing/ trying to get to sleep our little one.  I ran out to the road and made a positive ID of the license plate just after 10PM- same one as in the ad.  So it's Justin, absolutely.  I called the police again last night; no idea if they came by, I didn't get a call back and never saw a cruiser pull in my driveway.  

I haven't given the police the license number yet- when I called them it was before I was able to get the tag #.  

I have seen that car parked at the Monroe Muffler in town, so it's likely he works there.  Ironically, it's right across the street from the State Police barracks.  

There are purportedly websites that will give a person's info for a small fee, if you know a license tag.  I'm tempted to try this...but then, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the information (I mean, other than do smokey burnouts with the LeMons car in his driveway at 2AM....).  At this point, I'm leaning towards just calling the police with the license # and leaving it at that.

Of course, if anyone else has any more amusing (and legal) suggestions, I'm open to them.  I had thought about making a plywood sign and putting it up at the intersection he always comes from, something like "SLOW DOWN, JUSTIN".  

Just to recap, it's not just some punk in a loud car cruising past my house.  He's been doing it repeatedly, late at night, speeding, driving recklessly, doing burnouts, and, after I confronted him while he was using my driveway as a turnaround (trespassing), he came back with his buddies and revved engines in front of my house late one night, which is harrassment/ bordeline assault.  Police have been called 3x.  

Cooter
Cooter Dork
10/4/18 8:14 a.m.

Give the plate number to the police. 

Nothing else you can do will actually make the situation better. 

volvoclearinghouse
10/4/18 8:18 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Agreed.  I was also planning on telling them I'd seen the car at the muffler place.  Nothing an employer likes more than the police coming to pay a visit to one of your employees!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AHLcgx1HAkrjXfJoksmT3K9JslIdLu3yIdRDMHc0hrtDExDemQw5Q95LY1ufjY7S