1 2 3
RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
8/8/19 1:03 p.m.
RevRico said:
pointofdeparture said:

I have seen these ads on the Book of Faces and I wondered if this was an elaborate joke. Everything seemed legit but I wondered if they'd actually let you check out and place an order.

What really makes me laugh, more than the product itself, is the number of people there who seem to wind themselves up into an absolute rage over the existence of this.

This would be a great addition to a guest bathroom, rec room bathroom, or someone running an AirBNB. Nice to have a little light-hearted "WTF" in life every now and then.

I've clearly been known to fly off the handle about dumb E36 M3, but anyone getting upset about proper toilet paper in an industrial roll should be forced to use 40 grit single ply forever. 

FTFY

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/19 2:34 p.m.
pointofdeparture said:

In reply to z31maniac :

It's a lot of "STUPID MILLENIALS ARE TOO LAZY TO CHANGE THE TOILET PAPER ROLL, THIS IS EVERYTHING WRONG WITH AMERICA TODAY" etc etc.

Just your typical mean-spirited people with no sense of humor whatsoever...seriously, if you catch a targeted ad for this on Facebook, just scroll through the comments. It's wild.

Old man yells at cloud.

Must find the xkcd millenial comic...

Brian
Brian MegaDork
8/8/19 2:52 p.m.

I wanted one. Wife said no. Our cat situation has me admitting she’s right. But with just two of us, the “regular” 4x Charmin rolls last close to a month. The 6x(?) doesn’t fit out holder. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
8/8/19 3:00 p.m.

In reply to Brian :

Yea I figured the wife would say no I ordered it and asked for forgiveness. I've saved enough money by cutting down on audiobooks and listening to more podcasts that she doesn't really care. Just thinks it's stupid is all 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/8/19 3:51 p.m.
MazdaFace said:

In reply to Brian :

Yea I figured the wife would say no I ordered it and asked for forgiveness. I've saved enough money by cutting down on audiobooks and listening to more podcasts that she doesn't really care. Just thinks it's stupid is all 

I have to agree with her, I think. 

I've never found changing the toilet paper roll particularly involved, time consuming, or inconvenient. 

However, I love that they are selling something so bizarre! 

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
8/8/19 4:56 p.m.

I came home two weeks ago from 16 days on the road to find my wife had left me 19 squares total spread out amongst our 3 bathrooms.  According to the toilet paper math on the packages I bought the equivalent of 500 rolls and distributed them everywhere, including 2 rolls I hid from my wife. 

I'm going to order at least 3 of those forever rolls right now. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/8/19 5:02 p.m.

Not gonna lie, I thought that E36 M3 was a joke. I sort of want to order one now. 

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
8/8/19 6:18 p.m.

I'm going to market the "forever trash can"

When you order it, someone just drops a dumpster in your driveway..

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/9/19 12:25 a.m.

All you folks with cats: just put the roll on backwards, so if they spin the roll, it just stays wound.

Our cats don't bother the toilet paper any longer, but that is what we used to do. It drove my wife NUTS to have to put the rolls on backwards.

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
8/9/19 9:05 a.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

It drove my wife NUTS to have to put the rolls on backwards.

If it corrects a known problem, the new method IS the correct method.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/9/19 9:34 a.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

All you folks with cats: just put the roll on backwards, so if they spin the roll, it just stays wound.

Our cats don't bother the toilet paper any longer, but that is what we used to do. It drove my wife NUTS to have to put the rolls on backwards.

Our cat doesn't care about the toilet paper roll, he messes with bigger things. 

Lately he's taken to jumping up on the mantel piece over the fireplace. Which means I know have to figure out what I'm going to do with a couple of pieces that are literally worth a few thousand each, so I don't have to worry about him knocking them off and damaging them. *I've already pulled them off the mantle and have them in the closet, but I'd like to be able to display them.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/19 9:45 a.m.
z31maniac said:

Lately he's taken to jumping up on the mantel piece over the fireplace. Which means I know have to figure out what I'm going to do with a couple of pieces that are literally worth a few thousand each, so I don't have to worry about him knocking them off and damaging them. *I've already pulled them off the mantle and have them in the closet, but I'd like to be able to display them.

Sounds like you need a sturdy display case. Having cats means you can't have nice things in precarious places. Or even in fairly safe high places if they're shiny and make fun sounds when they move.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/9/19 10:00 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:
z31maniac said:

Sounds like you need a sturdy display case. Having cats means you can't have nice things in precarious places. Or even in fairly safe high places if they're shiny and make fun sounds when they move.

Small display case with a wood base, stained/painted to match the mantle, screwed into the mantle. Alternatively, a separate standalone display case - one of those mini china cabinets that are about 2 ft wide by 1ft deep by 3-4 ft tall.

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
8/9/19 10:28 a.m.

There is a 2 page thread about bung fodder on a car forum. 

Charmin Inc., Ltd, are marketing GENIUSES. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/9/19 10:30 a.m.

These are framed paintings that were on a mantle about 6.5 ft up, but our cat is jerk. They are in custom wood frames, museum glass, the whole 9. 

Didn't mean to take the thread that way, just pointing out that our cat doesn't care about toilet paper. He's a jerk with greater intentions of destruction!

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
8/9/19 10:48 a.m.

Hilarious!  I just ordered the starter kit.  

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/9/19 10:58 a.m.
Cotton said:

I showed this to my girlfriend last night, to the expected eye roll. I think I may just order it for the fun of it!

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/9/19 11:04 a.m.

Seems to me that Charmin is missing an opportunity to do some cross-marketing with Kiss.  Foreeeeever!

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
8/9/19 11:51 a.m.
z31maniac said:
Cotton said:

I showed this to my girlfriend last night, to the expected eye roll. I think I may just order it for the fun of it!

I made it a point not to mention it.  Going to be a surprise,  so can’t wait for the reaction.  I just need to make sure she sees it before the cats attack.

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
8/9/19 12:16 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

You're not seriously suggesting under hand rolling toilet paper on the internet are you? Wars have been fought over less.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
8/9/19 12:26 p.m.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
8/9/19 5:41 p.m.
RossD said:

I mean,  we have a chubby cat and I’m pretty sure this is exactly what is going to happen.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
8/9/19 7:47 p.m.

tee p-ing a house sure would be a lot harder. smiley

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
8/9/19 8:05 p.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan :

King of random used a commercial roll on a personal shop fan to basically make a tp gun. It was impressive

daeman
daeman Dork
8/9/19 8:40 p.m.

This is all I've got to add....

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ttyPKSZHjnrDA74ukLVsoknwxh5E3aEEENd2v4PhItdjJlsfGBKigkPChnjtjuLd