DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade HalfDork
6/9/11 10:40 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yKb6iSWc0k

8 minutes long, fun to watch. No irritating music, either!

calteg
calteg New Reader
6/9/11 11:46 a.m.

182 on the front straight

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
6/9/11 11:54 a.m.

I like that it is only a little more than a second slower than the Porsche GT2 RS. I guess 150K will buy you a second at the Nurburgring...LOL @ Porsche.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Dork
6/9/11 12:06 p.m.

That car makes noises that stir places in me that the wife doesn't even know exist.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
6/9/11 12:26 p.m.

Did you notice that the driver did not use a lot of RPMs on that run? Generally shifted at ~6000. That engine has a lot more in it than that. Also noticed 1.3 Gs cornering. Impressive car. What do they sell for?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/11 12:33 p.m.

Hit a peak of over 2G in the carousel.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
6/9/11 12:39 p.m.
cwh wrote: Did you notice that the driver did not use a lot of RPMs on that run? Generally shifted at ~6000. That engine has a lot more in it than that. Also noticed 1.3 Gs cornering. Impressive car. What do they sell for?

1.3? I saw peaks around 1.7...

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
6/9/11 12:39 p.m.

I also saw 1.1 under BRAKING!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/11 1:10 p.m.

The agility and grip of these C6s is amazing, and then there's the crazy-huge engine. It looks like he didn't even have that many opportunities to really open it up.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade HalfDork
6/9/11 1:14 p.m.

182 on the front straight and he ran out of room, looks like. The ZR1 is supposed to top 200, but that'd take awhile longer.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/11 3:04 p.m.

Fully dressed it looks like they are in the 110K range.

7L, 505 hp, and 470 torque. If that can't bring a smile to your face, check your pulse because you're dead.

Edit, it looks like the 110K will get you the ZR1. The Z06 starts in the 50K range.

Joshua
Joshua Reader
6/9/11 3:13 p.m.

It's still just a Corvette, until they up the overall quality of the car they won't win me over.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Dork
6/9/11 3:25 p.m.
Joshua wrote: It's still just a Corvette, until they up the overall quality of the car they won't win me over.

Haterz gonna hate.... playerz gonna play. i'd give up non-essential body parts for one of those.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
6/9/11 4:35 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: That car makes noises that stir places in me that the wife doesn't even know exist.

Get your wife to make those noises; win win!

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
6/9/11 4:49 p.m.
Joshua wrote: It's still just a Corvette, until they up the overall quality of the car they won't win me over.

So, what has better quality with equal/similar performance?

There are enthusiasts with ZR1 budgets hanging on the edges of their seats for alternatives...............

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/11 5:06 p.m.

I have sat in a few C6s recently. I am considering becoming a CIA operative, then independent "contractor" just to have one. Daddy likey.

keethrax
keethrax HalfDork
6/9/11 5:10 p.m.
oldsaw wrote:
So, what has better quality with equal/similar performance? There are enthusiasts with ZR1 budgets hanging on the edges of their seats for alternatives...............

I bet you that not only can he not answer that question, he probably can't even answer what constitutes poor quality on one.

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
6/9/11 5:59 p.m.

Some people just like knowing that when their switchgear breaks, it will cost thousands to replace.

dogbreath
dogbreath Reader
6/9/11 6:51 p.m.

Chassis is paramount. What a superb supercar. I can't wait until there are some rusted E36 M3bucket versions for me to crash.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/11 7:57 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: Fully dressed it looks like they are in the 110K range. 7L, 505 hp, and 470 torque. If that can't bring a smile to your face, check your pulse because you're dead. Edit, it looks like the 110K will get you the ZR1. The Z06 starts in the 50K range.

The 7.0L 505HP is the $50K Z06. The mack-daddy $110K ZR1 in this video is a 6.2L 640HP Supercharged beastie.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/11 7:57 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote: I also saw 1.1 under BRAKING!

The rear discs on a ZR1 are the front discs from an Enzo. For cereal.

Jay_W
Jay_W HalfDork
6/9/11 8:58 p.m.

Corvette has been boulevard showboat since at least 1958, but man oh man not anymore. The C5 and C6 are truly impressive and I reeeeeeeealllly want a Z06 and I've been a small car handling nutcase my whole life.

...I've seen incar vid from full on racecars on that track that were slower than this... ye gods

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/9/11 9:09 p.m.

Someday when my C3 grows up...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/10/11 9:39 a.m.

It's not that bad, at least on par with any above-average sedan. I'd buy one.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
6/10/11 2:37 p.m.

Chevy had one at the NHRA races at Englishtown that I was at last weekend, what a sexy car in person. They wouldn't let me take it for a joyride.

Money no object, that would be the car I would have. Not a Veyron, not a 1966 Ferrari 250 GTO, not an Aston Martin DBS, not a Lexus LF-A. A ZR1. You can stuff your comments about interior quality- you or your passenger will not noticing the interior when you mash the throttle at 3500 RPM in second. You will be noticing the landscape becoming instantly blurry as time around you slows down.

And yes, the brakes are effing massive. The tires are equally hilarious, too.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0ahMF72C52LV2U88yTSihFWhMHgcuwZg69419kD4euu8AmLlzW24xGiKb7zUsqla