1 2
Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/12/18 4:58 p.m.

I *crosses fingers* fixed the roof leak I had around the chimney corner.

Cooter
Cooter Dork
11/12/18 5:36 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

I hate roof leaks. I have one that I think is coming from around our skylight in the kitchen​​​​​. After three excursions to the roof, I think I finally got it. 

As to the the Original Post, I love me some Herman Miller Soft Pad. Here is set we sold in our store about a year ago. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/12/18 7:38 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Awesome! I have three in identical leather to those but with tilt/swivel caster bases. I need to clean them and sell them. They’re in good condition; much better than the cloth one I posted a pic of. I also love Eames chairs!!

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
11/12/18 10:05 p.m.

How expensive would it be for you to ship me one or 3 of those chairs? I'll even handle the cleaning part!

As for small projects - I've had a backlog of small car stuff, like the shocks and struts for both our Fit and Mazda 5 that I've finally gotten to, but mostly we're in survival mode due to our son's arrival October 26th - I had forgotten how hard it is to take care of a newborn, and having a toddler as well makes everything 10x harder!

Cooter
Cooter Dork
11/13/18 10:28 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Then you probably will understand why the day we picked up the Tan Panther was both a good day, and a bad day. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/13/18 12:58 p.m.

In reply to cmcgregor :

Oh lordy, that's where I was about a year ago - we now have an almost-4-year-old and an 18-month-old. It's rough. Even now it's a ton of work but at least the kids sleep for a few hours a night at the same time.

I'm probably going to be starting the leather chairs around $700/ea but would gladly sell one to you for $500. I'll look into what shipping is if you really wanted one, and can send pics. One's right across my desk from me right now.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/13/18 1:17 p.m.

One quarter panel clay bar'd, polished, and waxed. 2 hours total. 

Only 4/5 of the car to go. Theres a LOT of car here that i sorely neglected....

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
11/13/18 4:01 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Sent you a pm. Let me know if you didn't get it. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/15/18 12:03 p.m.

One Eames chair gone (unfortunately not to cmcgregor! ;-) and a big item I had been putting off selling: A rear bumper cover for a Lexus GS. I had it literally sitting in the non-functional bathroom of my workshop, planning on cutting it up and throwing it out because I'd made several unsuccessful attempts at selling it. But I had recently used Greyhound shipping for another bumper and decided to relist it with cheaper shipping. Boom - I'm $200 richer and one giant bumper cover is gone. Now, does that make the four or five years storing it worthwhile? I don't know, but this thread is about looking forward.

Also, I spent some time getting the workshop garage cleaned up and organized to make room for my MR2 over the winter. I have a pile of concrete that I rescued from being thrown out, intending to use it to set up a playground for the kids. Well, it was scattered here and there and contributed to the mess. I remembered that I had an aluminum dunnage rack that a friend gave me years ago - the two have met now, and it's amazing how much better stuff looks when it's on the appropriate shelf:

Now, my commitment to myself is that if I don't use this next spring it's going away somehow.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
1/10/19 9:59 a.m.

I haven't been keeping this thread updated, but I'm still working on clearing out the backlog. Much of that has been by selling things I haven't used and am unlikely to use. Some notable examples:

Sold a shower stall that I had planned to use in my workshop bathroom, decided it was too much work to rip out the cast iron tub and it's not in bad shape so it's staying. +$50 in my pocket but more importantly a big clutter item gone.

Sold a pile (12 I think?) of can lights I decided not to use in the workshop. Can lights apparently cause big problems with attic air infiltration, and there's no need for them any more with all the awesome low profile LED stuff out there. +$30 in my pocket and another big clutter item gone.

Knocked out some old wooden cabinets that a prior owner had built in the workshop building when it was an apartment. They were neat but impractical and kind of musty bug catchers instead of useful storage. I put up some metal and wood shelves instead. (Side note, never buy Muscle Rack Z-beam shelving. It's terrible. I got it for free and still considered throwing it out once I started putting it up. It's junk, really. I reinforced it some but it's still not great.) 24" deep x 8' wide x 7.5' high of shelves instead of useless wooden cabinets:

Unfortunately I bent one of my new rules: I have agreed to take some construction materials without a clear definite plan that I'm going to use it. We have about 100' of 1 1/4" EMT at work that we took out, most of it fresh clean 10' sticks. I couldn't bear to see it tossed in the scrap heap so it's coming home with me. I have in mind a lot of different things but who knows if it'll ever get used. I'll put it in the attic maybe.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/10/19 10:06 a.m.
dculberson said:

Unfortunately I bent one of my new rules: I have agreed to take some construction materials without a clear definite plan that I'm going to use it. We have about 100' of 1 1/4" EMT at work that we took out, most of it fresh clean 10' sticks. I couldn't bear to see it tossed in the scrap heap so it's coming home with me. I have in mind a lot of different things but who knows if it'll ever get used. I'll put it in the attic maybe.

Why not sell it? 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/10/19 10:23 a.m.

About 1/4 way done with the French cleat wall system ive been meaning to get done for 3 years. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
1/10/19 10:30 a.m.
mtn said:
dculberson said:

Why not sell it? 

I do have it posted for sale, but used EMT doesn't always move. If it doesn't sell, then I'll move it to the attic.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eByi0sNfKo0ytMVg4kYb4xODrmSKgeGL7DkLlnjluooLKMyJ9ZyFIO4KYIqb6lxZ