1 2
TR7
TR7 Reader
3/19/20 8:52 a.m.

I worked at a university for many years and I understand the E36 M3show that they are going through right now. From my perspective the best course of action right now is for your daughter (not you, its her education/clothes/computer/ect. after all) to start a calm and honest conversation with people about getting things resolved. She still has stuff in the dorms that she needs right now? Get on the phone or the email to the housing director and just explain that her possessions are needed as soon as possible. Not happy with online courses? Get in contact with that specific department/her academic advisor. Offer some concessions and make some compromises. Keep whatever gen-eds or electives that she can knock out online and ask for credit to take her core courses and labs again when the university opens up. Its going to suck for everyone, and for the most part universities are run by people, you just need to talk to them. I dont think having a lawyer write a letter to the dean or whoever is a smooth way to resolve issues, and probably a better last resort. 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
3/3/21 11:34 a.m.
rutheree said:

I'm surprised that you didn't get your money back. In your case, you need to contact a lawyer. university will look for all sorts of moves to keep the money with them.

Slowly the canoe stalks its prey...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mv3GGwNUDbgxW63jYnWD2xi46YgVGUpnmiK9ZdUVrtqiKiOwYhydilLskkE5SbzG