1 2 3
Lobsterpennies
Lobsterpennies New Reader
4/3/20 7:58 p.m.

Just finished the machine. It has been a long brutal day. Thanks to those that posted it cause I really really needed a laugh. Hats off to you all!

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/3/20 8:18 p.m.

Bob Marley

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/3/20 8:19 p.m.

Mike Burbiglia and Jim Gaffigan are my favorites

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/3/20 8:22 p.m.

Jim Jeffries uses many very rude four letter words, and just kills me.  Look up his story of the vibrating egg in Amsterdam.  

It is terribly rude.  It also just kills me.  I'm guessing Christians and women are not usually fans.

Also pretty rude, Katt Williams does a very good routine about his son and ritalin.

John Mullaney, talking about college tuition.  Mostly clean, throws in an f bomb when needed.

Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard GRM+ Memberand Marketing Coordinator
4/3/20 8:44 p.m.

John Mulaney is always a delight, Marc Maron is a personal favorite, and Ali Wong absolutely kills me (warning- she can get a little... uh... graphic).

Toyman01 (Forum Supporter)
Toyman01 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/20 8:54 p.m.

Fluffy is one of my favorites. A lot of his stuff is on YouTube. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/3/20 8:59 p.m.

Search Youtubes for Comedy Central's This is Not Happening.  Different comics,  different styles, but they are insane, true stories. Can be blunt and graphic, but it funny as hell.

Another good story teller is Henry Rollins. I'd also add Joey Dias. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/3/20 9:00 p.m.

Search Youtubes for Comedy Central's This is Not Happening.  Different comics,  different styles, but they are insane, true stories. Can be blunt and graphic, but it funny as hell.

A good story teller is Henry Rollins. I'd also add Joey Dias. 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/20 11:00 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

He has a TV show that ran for a season.  It was terribly wonderful.  It's on Hulu.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/4/20 12:46 a.m.

The Comedy Central roasts are pretty damn funny, even with the "cable" editing (which of course is no where near as bad as network).

They of course tend more towards the personalized insult type comedy.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
4/4/20 12:50 a.m.

Josh Wolf. Talking about his brother trying to fight his dad. 

NoviceClass
NoviceClass New Reader
4/4/20 1:04 a.m.

Bill Burr was already mentioned, he is really my personal favorite. Try to catch his podcast and everything; fair warning...liberal dropping of "F" Bombs, and a bit of a dark/pessimistic outlook may be off putting.  Also writes/does voice for "F is for Family" on Netflix, pretty funny show.

I have watched a lot of Comedians in Car Getting Coffee with Jerry Seinfeld. May give you some insight into talent you haven't seen, and kind of get it with their vibe. Especially like seeing Don Rickles on there, probably just feeling nostalgic, but good to see Jerry Seinfeld shine the spotlight to him, of course the Cadillac was the real star of that episode.

Bit of the episode with Bill Burr:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yvLj18hhGM

imgon
imgon HalfDork
4/4/20 7:14 a.m.

Jonathan Winters was in a lot of wacky 70s stuff. Tim Conway and Harvey  Korman from Carol Burnett, Don Rickles, Steven Wright. Great idea now I'm going to have to find some fun old show to watch tonight 

eastpark
eastpark Reader
4/4/20 7:30 a.m.

We just watched some of Marc Maron's shows on Netflix. He's pretty good. 

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
4/4/20 7:41 a.m.

Earl David Reed can be found on YouTube. He is a local comedian and DJ who has had some national fame.

We've seen him live a few times and he has that innate ability to do 'insult' comedy with the audience much like Don Rickles.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
4/4/20 7:59 a.m.

Above and beyond the typical stand up routine, there are podcasts.

Find a comedian that is still current and you will find a podcast or 3 that will have almost un-ending content.

Joe Rogan interviews comedians but also scientist and even a few politicians. His topic vary widely.

2 Bears 1 Cave is Tom Segura and Bert Kreischers podcast. I think they have their own podcasts too.

Pete Holmes podcast "You madee it weird" is pretty good too.

A lot of podcasts are videoed and are on youtube, too.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
4/4/20 9:10 a.m.
Appleseed said:

A good story teller is Henry Rollins. I'd also add Joey Dias. 

If you haven't seen the "Meth Pee" episode, you're missing out.

Also "The Bonfire" with Big Jay Oakerson and Dan Soder has been getting me through days alone at the shop. Tons of episodes on youtube.

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
4/4/20 10:11 a.m.

Rondell Sheridan is very good. Mrs. DX and myself have seen him on a couple cruises and he is very funny. He did both family oriented and a more adult show later at night and both were equally funny.

Steve Harvey has some pretty funny bits. He has a good bit that he did at a church conference about all the different people he encountered in his family's church growing up. Very funny and he doesn't curse one time. I think its on YouTube. 

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/4/20 10:26 a.m.

We watched the newest Jim Gaffigan special on Netflix last night and laughed our ***** off!

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/4/20 10:29 a.m.

Tim Hawkins. He a "Christian Comedian" but still funny as hell. I love dark comedy but funny's funny.

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/4/20 10:31 a.m.

In reply to dxman92 :

I can't think about Steve Harvey without hearing him going "You ever get tired of bein' po?!"

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
4/4/20 10:53 a.m.

The Mrs. and I saw Iliza Shlesinger live after watching her Netflix specials, and I think she's really funny. 

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
4/4/20 11:24 a.m.

I like a lot of em but Bill Burr and Ben Baily spring to mind. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/4/20 2:25 p.m.

Every time I scroll past this thread title, I read, "Canadian Recommendations"

I'm always available for friendly northern advice.

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/4/20 3:50 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

I think back to Jerry Seinfeld's statement about George Carlin after Carlin's death. I'll paraphrase it:

Get some comedians together brainstorming ideas, and it's only going to be a few minutes before someone says, "Yeah, Carlin already did that."

Go to the master.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JRHgZp0svfhW7ke0zu9023sM2769s24b7WNtK2G7SzJzDpWtoND29jAbs730KwBX