1 2 3
pete240z
pete240z Dork
6/24/10 10:35 a.m.

This is the van that WSJ has in their article. Introducing the Man Van.

I quote "the vehicle will feature a slightly sportier look on the outside, possibly finished off with a black-and-gray interior with hot-colored stitching on the seats and steering wheel."

THAT'S IT?

WSJ

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
6/24/10 10:43 a.m.

is this like an SRT version of the van, or is it a stickers and scoops "man van"?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/24/10 10:44 a.m.

looks like stickers and scoops man van...

everyone knows the last Man Van Chrysler made was the Ram with the prospecter Package

JtspellS
JtspellS New Reader
6/24/10 10:57 a.m.

No turbo, AWD, RWD, 5.7 Hemi? I guess that would describe the rest of Mopars line up of the past 10-15 years.

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
6/24/10 11:00 a.m.

You know... damn things share enough parts across the small part of Chrysler's range, that it would not be hard to fathom a revival of the Caravan Sport turbos. Stuff an SRT-4 engine in there, give'r AWD and a manual, and lets have some REAL fun.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
6/24/10 11:00 a.m.

That article makes it seem, to me, like ChryCo's strategy for staying alive is polishing turds. Upmarket Durango? Didn't they already try that?

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
6/24/10 11:05 a.m.

To make it more macho, they need to make it RWD, V8 with a blower sticking out of the hood, tubbed, remove all the seats, put a bean bag in the back, a stripper pole, 42" plasma flat screen, a selection of NSFW DVD's, and have the dash signed by Chuck Norris.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork

Men have bought polished turds before.

JFX001
JFX001 Dork

Rebirth of "The Dude"???

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
6/24/10 11:10 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Men have bought polished turds before.

Married em, too.........

But, back on topic, this quote (from a dealer) sums-up the whole Caravan-with-a MANicure thing:

"A man van won't generate huge sales, but it's one of those vehicles that gets people talking and heads turning," said one dealer. "We need that now. I mean if it gets one guy to give the minivan a second look, its worth it."

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
6/24/10 11:13 a.m.

And we're all looking at it. So, in that sense, they've done their job.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
6/24/10 11:17 a.m.
JFX001 wrote: Rebirth of "The Dude"???

might. It would need some Brown, rust coloration, a tape deck and The Creedence...

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/24/10 11:19 a.m.

I'm still tempted to take our '00 Villager & turn it into the "Pillager" -> 4" lift all around, black steelies with Mudders, flat-khaki or desert-camo paint, custom cargo roof rack with lights, back ladder with rack for spare & gas can, custom front bumper/bar with winch.

...yeah, it'd still be a 2wd posermobile, but it would be a helluva lot cooler than that ManVan thing.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 New Reader
6/24/10 11:26 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: To make it more macho, they need to make it RWD, V8 with a blower sticking out of the hood, tubbed, remove all the seats, put a bean bag in the back, a stripper pole, 42" plasma flat screen, a selection of NSFW DVD's, and have the dash signed by Chuck Norris.

Now you're berkeleying talking!

alex
alex Dork
6/24/10 11:50 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: To make it more macho, they need to make it RWD, V8 with a blower sticking out of the hood, tubbed, remove all the seats, put a bean bag in the back, a stripper pole, 42" plasma flat screen, a selection of NSFW DVD's, and have the dash signed by Chuck Norris.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/24/10 12:25 p.m.

Only 1 thing a true man van needs.. Whale penis leather seats.

EastCoastMojo
6/24/10 12:27 p.m.

So, what you're saying is that true men want to sit on something else's penis?

lewbud
lewbud Reader
6/24/10 12:44 p.m.
nocones wrote: Only 1 thing a true man van needs.. Whale penis leather seats.

Some thing you just can't unread. To East Coast Mojo the answer is NO.

EastCoastMojo
6/24/10 12:50 p.m.

Just checking.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
6/24/10 4:09 p.m.

The first (and only) man van:

Hotlinked, because it's what the cool kids are doing.

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
6/24/10 4:20 p.m.

Mmmmmm.... Espace f1. I remember becoming enamored with that via GT2. I kinda wish more radical stuff like that made it to production.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
6/24/10 4:23 p.m.

I disagree.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Reader
6/24/10 4:26 p.m.

They should cut the crap and just make this again but with the Hemi. Done!

EastCoastMojo
6/24/10 4:32 p.m.

Just bring back the Voyager turbo. That thing rocked my socks.

procainestart
procainestart Dork
6/24/10 4:33 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote: They should cut the crap and just make this again but with the Hemi. Done!

Sweet -- it has one of those "combined starter and ignition" switches.

Um, what's a combined starter and ignition switch?

Meanwhile, those two are gonna be rollin' in the back of that van in no time at all...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V0k5hiIT8aqVjdKfm8d3rcd2KbWq2pBlGvHEk7lgg824rA3E9PbWY1NRqEP0IumR