ghetto420
ghetto420
12/9/18 6:36 p.m.

Would anybody know how to wire up a forced air propane heater?  It has a control board  that controls all the safety feature like photocell, igniter, thermostat and so on.  I figure that if its not the same as your home furnace then its similar.  It is a Temp-Heat construction heater A division of Rupp Industries Inc.  made in burnsville, MN.  It was working fine until one day I forgot what i took the control board off for and then i cant remember what wires go where.  Theres is a blueprint  of how its wired but it doesnt matchup with the control board.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Its a pretty big torpedo construction heat, it heats up the garage in just a few minutes to the point where you would want to take off your jacket. Thanks.

pjbgravely
pjbgravely HalfDork
12/12/18 10:57 a.m.

You best bet is the seach the model number.  Are you sure you have the correct board?

ghetto420
ghetto420 New Reader
12/14/18 3:58 p.m.

In reply to pjbgravely :

i think i have the right board.  I've also seen another heater like this one selling on fb.  I looked at the pictures of the wiring and the control board and its the same one.  I've tried searching for the heater model too but no luck.  I've also tried their website but cannot seem to find any kind of support or download for the diagram.  The heater is tempheat ch-300 but i think they've changed their name to tempair now.  Aslo do the pressure switch and thermostat and air flow switch connect straight to 120v or does it connect to 24v?  Thanks.                                                                                                              

pjbgravely
pjbgravely HalfDork
12/15/18 11:26 a.m.

Normally all controls and safeties are 24VAC if there is a transformer.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KbjMXTs04HUopzwRsMcNRUyG2HxWADesWxjCRWBeqjbmO2Rxv812c08MJ2QLlILY