T.J. MegaDork
6/25/19 12:46 p.m.
jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
6/25/19 1:45 p.m.

Sparkydog
Sparkydog Reader
6/25/19 1:45 p.m.

Rich Rebuilds vid on the mods they made. He shows a bit more of how much structural stuff was done.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia HalfDork
6/25/19 3:24 p.m.

Well done , but she had more backup then most of use would ever have , 

And if you look at her other YouTube videos you can see she gets millions of hits and seems to be the right person for this job....

Will Elon call her ?

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/25/19 3:57 p.m.
T.J. said:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/simone-builds-a-tesla-pickup/155008/page1/

Here is last week’s thread about it. 

Loved the truckla in that thread, still love it in this one.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
6/25/19 5:02 p.m.
Robbie said:
T.J. said:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/simone-builds-a-tesla-pickup/155008/page1/

Here is last week’s thread about it. 

Loved the truckla in that thread, still love it in this one.

Sorry! I went to latest topics and went back four pages. Obviously I should have gone even further back, anticipating that you sharp-eyed folks would have spotted this before me

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
6/25/19 7:16 p.m.

She said it was 3'11" in between the wheel wells.  Since they were already cutting the thing up, you'd think it wouldn't be that much more work to section 1/2" out of each one to get a full 4'.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
6/25/19 8:32 p.m.

In reply to JoeyM :

No need to apologize. A lot goes on here in a week’s time. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/26/19 5:12 a.m.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/26/19 9:26 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

I love what Leno does for the hobby. 

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/26/19 10:55 a.m.
914Driver said:

I thought Leno was the president of the More Money than Brains Club ....

Considering the brain tumor she's been dealing with, I'd say this comment is a bit in bad taste, but I suspect you didn't know.

She's in Cali, so the Tesla is a sensible choice for modification, especially considering that she's made her name in the robotics field, plus the marketing opportunities it presents for her sponsors.

I mean, we're talking about it, right?  If she had cut up some random POS to make a pickup, would we be talking about it?

If she's made a Smyth ute kit, would some of us E36 M3 all over it for building from a kit?  Unfortunately, we know the answer for that.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/26/19 1:54 p.m.

Sorry Stephan, I didn't know. edited for content and I agree; Leno does a LOT for the hobby.

Tralfaz
Tralfaz Reader
6/26/19 4:00 p.m.

In reply to Stefan :

Agreed.

But I'd say even if you take all the marketing and business out of it, she modded a car to do what she wanted it to do. Of all the places on the internet, I'd think this would be the one that would embrace it.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia HalfDork
6/26/19 8:00 p.m.

I would like to see a station wagon / panel truck from Tesla that companies can use for deliveries and charge overnight at the company , 

I am sure other companies will have them much sooner but it's something that's needed.....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E4C6PT0TDEU5wK90p2fdMw6murUQx9mEoRP0Y0pCERhYLufy8CuzicwHLmXYh9yb