Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/28/19 1:51 a.m.

Woke up and checked the news feed and saw some articles related to tornados.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/28/19 2:35 a.m.

Last week, I wasn’t gonna be home at the only time a guy could swing by to pick up parts, parts for which he offered and I agreed to $40.  When I got home the parts were gone but there was only $20 in the stash spot.  He was from Dayton/ Cinci.  I hope he’s the only fatality.  Karma style points if he got stabbed through his wallet by flying debris and bled the berkeley out.  C4? How about see the grim reaper, motherberkeleyer!

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
5/28/19 6:51 a.m.

Was wondering if Jerry and the others survived this, it sounds like lots of destruction but haven't heard of any casualties yet.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/28/19 7:15 a.m.

I think Chandler's up in that area.  I hope and pray all are well.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/28/19 9:04 a.m.

We are good here in central Ohio. We had sirions on almost all night. I know a few people who where in the path. From what I am seeing there are quite a few stuck folk. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
5/28/19 9:23 a.m.

Jerry updated on his FB page he’s okay. 

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Dork
5/28/19 9:24 a.m.

My daughter lives just south of the airport in Vandalia (at the top of that image).  Thankfully, she spent the night with in-laws.  Very close call.  F-3 tornadoes are very destructive.

dxman92
dxman92 Reader
5/28/19 12:03 p.m.

Glad to hear people fared okay. I saw the debris was so bad on I-75 they brought in snow plows to clear it..

Knurled.
5/28/19 12:09 p.m.

Let's see if this hotlinks.

Professor_Brap
5/28/19 12:10 p.m.

Knurled.
5/28/19 12:11 p.m.

Knurled.
5/28/19 12:12 p.m.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
5/28/19 12:20 p.m.
Knurled. said:

Let's see if this hotlinks.

Holy Crap!  surprise  I guess that answers the question of whether it is ever reopening.

Professor_Brap
5/28/19 12:39 p.m.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/28/19 12:43 p.m.

now watching copart dayton OH...

Professor_Brap
5/28/19 12:47 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

I got searches setup. We are going down this weekend to pickup 2 cars from a buddy. This set him over the give up edge. 

Knurled.
5/28/19 1:37 p.m.
Professor_Brap said:

Holy nuts.

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/28/19 11:15 p.m.

crazy tornadoes in OH, hail and nasty storms in Lincoln, NE and it hailed 2 weeks ago at my parents house.. WTF.. 

This is all the E36 M3 that's supposed to happen in DFW.. WTF mother nature.. 

cghstang_chris
cghstang_chris Dork
5/29/19 7:03 a.m.

Good here in Fairborn.

The major areas hit in Beavercreek are about 3 miles as the crow flies from our house.

My parents in Butler Township are .5 mile south of where that one passed through.

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/29/19 11:35 a.m.

The house I grew up in was five minutes from Hara Arena.  Morbid curiosity makes me wish I could see how it fared.

wae
wae SuperDork
5/29/19 2:28 p.m.

The wife and dogs and I were staying in Hocking Hills Monday night at Old Man's Cave Campground.  Her phone went off with the emergency alert around 1am or so and I tuned in to a local radio station in time to hear the emergency broadcast.  We jogged the dogs down to the bathrooms near the pool and hung out with our fellow campers for about an hour and a half.  It was all mostly calm there - not even much rain - but apparently an F2 touched down about 5 miles from where we were.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
5/29/19 3:53 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Jerry updated on his FB page he’s okay. 

'Tis true, me and the fur kids are ok.  SWMBO lives a bit farther north and barely escaped it but is fine also.  I live on the very southern edge of the storm path, but 15 miles north looks like a war zone.  One of my 501st star Wars friends lives in Brookville and it was brutal, lost the roof, it landed on husband's truck, windows blew out, etc.

I'm still part of the boil advisory because basically almost all of Dayton has issues with main pumps not having power.  This morning was ok, but friends not far say their water pressure was really low this morning.  See what I have when I get home, hoping to boil another pot to use for the dog/cats.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/29/19 4:01 p.m.

I drove through Dayton Tuesday morning on my way to Louisville and the snow plow effect on the interstate was mind boggling. There was an honest six inches of leaves and debris all the way from I70 to Wagner-Ford Road against the concrete barrier. At Wagner ford road is where one tornado went though and the buildings were leveled or missing portions. It’s such a demonstration of nature’s strength...

Ilive a couple hours hours north of there and we got a little hail and lots of wind.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Cu5vp10CWMPKwAwYI14DGmWn4mi8eadRVGGAkscpbNDEvcTq3yo6PVAj7HpzKHjt