drainoil
drainoil Reader
4/22/14 8:35 p.m.

From a one year documentary to a decade long series. I couldnt stand Capt Keith in the early years, like when he was poaching on Capt Phil' s territory. Phil's boys not even around anymore, slim shady Eminem wannabe Elliot as a Captain, and the Hillstrand's still going strong. Hard to fake the life these guys live on the water.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/22/14 9:13 p.m.

I can't believe they still play that damn song on the radio. Does anybody ever need to hear it one more time?

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/22/14 9:27 p.m.

Being in the PNW you see some of them from time to time around Seattle and the coastal areas like Astoria, OR.

Actually walked by the hotel bar we were staying at in Seattle and saw their wrap party was going strong. Kinda neat, but didn't want to interrupt and I think this was after Cap'n Phil has gotten sick, but hadn't passed yet.

Interesting show to say the least, but it's hard to hear that song anymore. Luckily Mike Rowe is pretty decent as narrator/host.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
4/23/14 3:33 a.m.

What song? I used to watch the show from time to time and don't associate a song with it..

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
4/23/14 5:44 a.m.

Really like the show for one reason. No matter how much they might try, or how the producers wish they could, they cannot script the show.

If they did it would have been done 8 years ago and sold to Tru TV.

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
4/23/14 5:44 a.m.
novaderrik wrote: What song? I used to watch the show from time to time and don't associate a song with it..

Dead or Alive: Bon Jovi.

edizzle89
edizzle89 Reader
4/23/14 6:36 a.m.

i dont watch the show but around 3 or 4 months into working for Cummins 2 of the guys from one of the boats were being filmed doing a tour though our building since they were going to be purchasing an engine or 2 of ours. the test cell i was running had a poster displaying how the test cell operated so they stopped right by my cell as there guide explained it to them. not sure if it ever made it to tv but if so i may be famous.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
4/23/14 11:38 a.m.

In reply to edizzle89:

I saw that, so do you look like Brian Boytano or did they just photoshop his head on there......

I keed I keed, I don't watch the show.

edizzle89
edizzle89 Reader
4/23/14 1:33 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

besides our large foreheads we dont have much in common...

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
4/23/14 1:39 p.m.

In reply to edizzle89:

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
4/23/14 2:17 p.m.
Woody wrote: I can't believe they still play that damn song on the radio. Does anybody ever need to hear it one more time?

You got your wish. Seems the show dropped it.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
4/24/14 2:37 a.m.
ScreaminE wrote:
novaderrik wrote: What song? I used to watch the show from time to time and don't associate a song with it..
Dead or Alive: Bon Jovi.

ahh.. that song was around long before the show, and it will be around long after the show... because it kicks ass..

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PnNcm25SCoUKItvGOQWxUKwv8ve5otsWk9TEqdb5TL53fJQRknvao2Lg2K0Lteu9